• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow. No confidence in Burrow and this Team.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Burrow should have been probably around 15 to 16 on that list in my opinion based on last years numbers, his offensive weapons this year, coming off that surgery, etc. But this guy took everything bad to the extreme. Glad to continue to be the under dog.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Burrow should have been probably around 15 to 16 on that list in my opinion based on last years numbers, his offensive weapons this year, coming off that surgery, etc. But this guy took everything bad to the extreme. Glad to continue to be the under dog.

Garbage. Not sure its even worth arguing about.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...I get what the concern is.

He is coming off a major injury and has had no real game prep.

The OL, while likely improved, is still a big question mark.

Taylor is still running the ship.

He mentions that Burrow is likely going to be good long-term, but starting off this season, there are an abundance of questions surrounding him, and the offense. I don't think it was completely unfair.

That being said, I'd have likely had him in the low teens, or around 20ish, but again - I don't think the concerns are unfair eve if the ranking is slightly off, IMO.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...I get what the concern is.

He is coming off a major injury and has had no real game prep.

The OL, while likely improved, is still a big question mark.

Taylor is still running the ship.

He mentions that Burrow is likely going to be good long-term, but starting off this season, there are an abundance of questions surrounding him, and the offense. I don't think it was completely unfair.

That being said, I'd have likely had him in the low teens, or around 20ish, but again - I don't think the concerns are unfair eve if the ranking is slightly off, IMO.
I agree that I wouldn't have him ranked near the top. FWIW I think Burrow will be a top 10 QB in this league and he has a chance of being at top 5 guy (assuming his injury doesn't derail his potential). But there are a lot of questions and I probably would put him in the low 20s right now to start the season just because of his surrounding cast and questions about his return.

That said, some of the people in front of him on this list are comical. The Niners have been trying to get rid of Jimmy pretty much since the first time he got injured. There isn't an honest Dolphins fan that would take Tua over Burrow. Daniel Jones might not get any more chances at being the starter in NY after this season... And there are at least 2 or 3 bums or has-beens that Rosenthal is speculating will just immediately play like the best version of their former self.

Here I am arguing when I said I wouldn't.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T. Lawrence, Z. Wilson & M. Jones ahead of Burrow?

View attachment 279582
Yeah, putting any rookie ahead of a QB who had some really good success (when healthy) is a bit silly. Rookies should be at the bottom, unless the QB has shown an inability to get the job done, and even then - at least they have NFL experience.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, putting any rookie ahead of a QB who had some really good success (when healthy) is a bit silly. Rookies should be at the bottom, unless the QB has shown an inability to get the job done, and even then - at least they have NFL experience.

I never pay attention to rankings like that. Can't put a rookie QB that hasn't thrown a pass in a real game ahead of a QB that proved in only 10 games he's got all the tools to be the real deal.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that I wouldn't have him ranked near the top. FWIW I think Burrow will be a top 10 QB in this league and he has a chance of being at top 5 guy (assuming his injury doesn't derail his potential). But there are a lot of questions and I probably would put him in the low 20s right now to start the season just because of his surrounding cast and questions about his return.

That said, some of the people in front of him on this list are comical. The Niners have been trying to get rid of Jimmy pretty much since the first time he got injured. There isn't an honest Dolphins fan that would take Tua over Burrow. Daniel Jones might not get any more chances at being the starter in NY after this season... And there are at least 2 or 3 bums or has-beens that Rosenthal is speculating will just immediately play like the best version of their former self.

Here I am arguing when I said I wouldn't.
Not only that, he contradicts himself numerous times.

He’s “concerned about Burrow’s injury”. The ranks him behind glass bones Carson Wentz. Who bruised his vaginal wall the first practice of camp and hasn’t been heard from since.

He “questions the supporting cast”. Then ranks Zach Wilson 6 spots higher. That’s rookie Zach Wilson. For the NY Jets. With a bottom 3 roster in the league, brand new regime, and just drafted their second top 3 QB in 3 years…

Same can be said for Trevor Lawrence. He’s basically Burrow from last year. Absolute stud, but going to get his ass kicked with that garbage supporting cast. Hell, he almost got broken in half in that Saints preseason game. And are we at all sold on Urban Meyer? He’s a a collegiate legend now doubt. But could easily be Zac Taylor in the pros.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, he contradicts himself numerous times.

He’s “concerned about Burrow’s injury”. The ranks him behind glass bones Carson Wentz. Who bruised his vaginal wall the first practice of camp and hasn’t been heard from since.

He “questions the supporting cast”. Then ranks Zach Wilson 6 spots higher. That’s rookie Zach Wilson. For the NY Jets. With a bottom 3 roster in the league, brand new regime, and just drafted their second top 3 QB in 3 years…

Same can be said for Trevor Lawrence. He’s basically Burrow from last year. Absolute stud, but going to get his ass kicked with that garbage supporting cast. Hell, he almost got broken in half in that Saints preseason game. And are we at all sold on Urban Meyer? He’s a a collegiate legend now doubt. But could easily be Zac Taylor in the pros.
Early returns on Meyer's offense aren't good. It's possible and maybe even likely that it is just vanilla because of the preseason, but it's also possible that he has a bit of a learning curve on the way into the NFL.

I also didn't get the Zach Wilson love.... I have no problem assuming he'll be good, but the Jets are a mess. They need at least another year to get through the damage they did to that roster/program the last few years.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's only played half a season and is coming off major reconstructive knee surgery so it's literally impossible to give him a legitimate ranking. With that said 26 still feels a bit too low. If he's healthy and if Chase gets out of his slump I see Burrow as a fringe top 10 QB by the end of the season.

The AFC is loaded with good young QBs. Mahomes is on an early pace to be in the GOAT discussion. Allen and Herbert have HOF physical talent. Lamar is the best running QB of alltime. The rookies all look like they have a chance to be great. I have a hunch Baker is a about to have a huge season too.
It reminds me of the golden age in the AFC in the late 80s early 90s when you needed a HOF or MVP caliber QB to win the conference.