• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you be in favor of this NFL playoff stipulation...

Must be at least 8-8 to qualify for playoffs?

• Total voters

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you do that then you might as well do away with divisions and just have 2 conferences.
could always go like Baseball
2 conferences with 2 divisions each
But by the time this passed it would be like division winners & 17 playoff spots.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could always go like Baseball
2 conferences with 2 divisions each
But by the time this passed it would be like division winners & 17 playoff spots.
Or I guess you could do it like the NBA where there are divisions but they don’t really matter

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about FOUR Divisions? Division winners and the four best records regardless of division for the playoffs?

East:
Giants, Eagles, Steelers, Patriots, Bills, Ravens, Washington, Jets

South
Falcons, Dolphins, Titans, Jaguars, Saints, Buccaneers, Panthers, Texans,

North
Packers, Bears, Lions, Vikings, Browns, Bengals, Chiefs, Colts

West
Raiders, Chargers, Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos, Cowboys

Each team would play their 7 division rivals and three teams from the three remaining divisions. Scheduling would be a piece of cake.
Mad respect for taking the Cowboys out of the East. I would align them a little differently.
North--BAL, CHI, CIN, CLE, DET, GB, MIN, PIT
South--ATL, DAL, HOU, JAX, MIA, NO, TB, TEN
East--BUF, CAR, IND, NE, NYG, NYJ, PHI, WAS
West--ARZ, DEN, KC, LAC, LAR, LV, SEA, SF

Now this has a twist. It probably won't be popular with most, but that's okay. Within the division you'd play 3 "natural" foes twice (6) and the other four once (4). For example: BAL will play CIN, CLE, PIT twice. CHI will play DET, GB, MIN twice. That's 10 division games with 6...or soon to be, 7 non-division games. I know it's unconventional, but I wouldn't want to see 14 games within the division with only 2-3 outside of the division.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE, NYJ, NYG, BUF and SEA are all further north than BAL.

IND in the East???

Your divisions make zero sense. No home and Home games . Rotate Home games every other season. MY 7-3-3-3 works perfectly.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad respect for taking the Cowboys out of the East. I would align them a little differently.
South--ATL, DAL, HOU, JAX, MIA, NO, TB, TEN
East--BUF, CAR, IND, NE, NYG, NYJ, PHI, WAS
West--ARZ, DEN, KC, LAC, LAR, LV, SEA, SF

Now this has a twist. It probably won't be popular with most, but that's okay. Within the division you'd play 3 "natural" foes twice (6) and the other four once (4). For example: BAL will play CIN, CLE, PIT twice. CHI will play DET, GB, MIN twice. That's 10 division games with 6...or soon to be, 7 non-division games. I know it's unconventional, but I wouldn't want to see 14 games within the division with only 2-3 outside of the division.
ok if this were a possible thing (which we know it isnt) I'll bite.
If you finish in the top half of your division. You play the other three top half twice. (6 games) Bottom half once. (4 games)
If you finish in the bottom half you play the other bottom half twice. (6 games) The upper half once. (4 games)
There is your ten games. Then play two games against the other three division each. (6 games)
then one random game when they go to 17 games. maybe pair up the lowest ranked teams not in division from the year before on up to the two highest pair teams. :noidea: Dont really have an answer for the random game.

So are you splitting the divisions up into 2 conferences.
or
keeping it all one & doing like a college tournament board for the Playoffs?
or
one playoff board where it floats depending on which seeds win?

Either way with 14 teams the top two seeds would have a bye in the 1st round.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE, NYJ, NYG, BUF and SEA are all further north than BAL.

IND in the East???

Your divisions make zero sense. No home and Home games . Rotate Home games every other season. MY 7-3-3-3 works perfectly.
Well I see why Sea is on the West division. over the north. Who would you replace Sea in the west if you moved them to the north?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would you be in favor of this SportsHoopla stipulation...​

PhilSimms11 is no longer allowed to ask silly questions about the NFL Schedule or Alignment.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would you be in favor of this SportsHoopla stipulation...​

PhilSimms11 is no longer allowed to ask silly questions about the NFL Schedule or Alignment.
Honestly I dont see any changes at all & I am fine with that.
but
if they did make a change. Would rather them make a radical change instead making more changes to water down the playoffs.
In that radical change I would be cool with getting rid of conferences. No longer having one conference strong & one weak minus a couple teams.

The days of the AFL(AFC) vs. NFL(NFC) are long gone realistically. So until they want to go there, they might as well make no changes. All these little tweaks make the it worse.

Crazy man's radical idea would make the playoff tournament stronger & more interesting.
Like I said. if they make a change. They need to think outside the box. No more tweaking.

To me as soon as they go to 17 games played by players. They jumped the shark. Might as well look at changing the whole thing.