• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would JAX be better off with Kessler?

Would the Jags be better off with Cody Kessler as their starting QB instead of Bortles?

• Definitely

• Probably

• Nope

• Potato salad from Duuuval

Results are only viewable after voting.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad to see the Jags are finally giving Kessler a chance. I honestly don't even expect much from him but they clearly didn't even believe in Bortles anymore, so why wouldn't you at least give Kessler a shot?
Kessler is a proven flop

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, apparently it is possible for a QB to go a whole game without a turnover! And apparently a team can actually win when their QB does so. Good job Kessler! Maybe he didn't do a lot, but he didn't LOSE the game for them, which is way better than what they got with Bortles almost every week.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, apparently it is possible for a QB to go a whole game without a turnover! And apparently a team can actually win when their QB does so. Good job Kessler! Maybe he didn't do a lot, but he didn't LOSE the game for them, which is way better than what they got with Bortles almost every week.
colts been flying high, shut them out is big. 6 points is pathetic, but yeah

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colts been flying high, shut them out is big. 6 points is pathetic, but yeah
I agree. But I can almost guarentee Bortles would've had about at least 2 turnovers, 1 or both of them deep into their own territory and that would've cost them enough points to not win. At least Kessler didn't do that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're just intentionally being obtuse. The only difference between the 5-20 Broncos that had the #2 pick in the 2011 NFL draft and the 7-4 Broncos that made the playoffs was Tim Tebow. You suggest Tebow didn't have a significant role in the Broncos turnaround. I have proved you wrong.

Moving on...

The defense and run game was absurdly better in Tebow's season. Even if you remove Tebow's rushing total that year, I believe they still would have had the #1 rushing offense. He is being intentionally obtuse? Ha!

Sorry, Tebow's historically horrific passing that season was not in the least a help to the Broncos. That team was fantastic around him that year and he managed to BARELY not fuck up enough.

Saying Tebow won them the division that season is like saying a pitcher who gave up 9 earned runs through 5 innings in a 15-11 win "WON" his team the game. Technically, it counts as a win for him... but he only hurt the team.

Tebow was an NFL QB who couldn't pass... and led an offense that averaged something like 12-13 points per game to squeak by sub .500 competition en route to winning the worst division in football by a landslide. Sorry... that's not why you won the damn division. lol

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense and run game was absurdly better in Tebow's season. Even if you remove Tebow's rushing total that year, I believe they still would have had the #1 rushing offense. He is being intentionally obtuse? Ha!

Sorry, Tebow's historically horrific passing that season was not in the least a help to the Broncos. That team was fantastic around him that year and he managed to BARELY not fuck up enough.

Saying Tebow won them the division that season is like saying a pitcher who gave up 9 earned runs through 5 innings in a 15-11 win "WON" his team the game. Technically, it counts as a win for him... but he only hurt the team.

Tebow was an NFL QB who couldn't pass... and led an offense that averaged something like 12-13 points per game to squeak by sub .500 competition en route to winning the worst division in football by a landslide. Sorry... that's not why you won the damn division. lol

Explain the 1-4 start to the season then. Those 2011 Broncos were garbage. Tebow was the only difference between the Broncos that started 1-4 and the Broncos that made the playoffs.