• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worthwhile Read on Trubisky

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Mullin wrote an optimistic, yet fair and realistic piece on Trubisky. IMO

He acknowledges his flaws, points out where he has definitely improved and discusses the fallacy of evaluating him based on what Pat Mahomes or any other young QB's are doing.

He also makes an interesting point about Fox/Loggains perhaps not being such "restrictors" after all. As now Nagy and the team is reportedly scaling back the offense a bit for Trubs. I think he's right in saying that Fox/Loggains simply realized that Mitchell's lack of deep ball accuracy just doesn't allow him to be "turned loose" at this point and time. Something that Nagy and company are just now also beginning to learn.

Assessing misperceptions about Bears' Mitch Trubisky

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As most of us have stated, no one is impressed with his overall performance to date, but aren't even close to writing him off yet. I for one will continue to be patient with his development, yet still call him out as needed if/when he's not performing up to expectations.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hardly call this optimistic. Rolling back your playbook because your number 1 guy is horribly inaccurate throwing vertically? This is bad news. In fact, it's worse than i thought. Fox, Loggains and now Nagy all acknowledge Trubisky's inability to throw down field.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how Pace couldn't have known this pre draft.

Basically anything longer than 3 and 10, expect a screen (or run).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scaling back the playbook is very good. The offense only knows about 20% of that huge book. They are scaling it back for the whole offense as no one gets it yet. WRs running wrong routes, Olinemen missing blocking assignments. It's not just Trubs the whole offense is confused and out of sync.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scaling back the playbook is very good. The offense only knows about 20% of that huge book. They are scaling it back for the whole offense as no one gets it yet. WRs running wrong routes, Olinemen missing blocking assignments. It's not just Trubs the whole offense is confused and out of sync.

Where are you getting this information? Offense knows only 20%? Scaling back for the whole offense not just Trubisky? Oline, WR, everyone confused? Are you just making this stuff up.

Press conference on Monday by Nagy himself said he was scaling back the playbook to make it easier on Trubisky. That Trubisky right now may be "overloaded and has maybe too much on his plate". The article mentioned in this thread even goes as far to say they are pulling back because Trubisky has difficulty throwing vertically.

Stop making stuff up. He is scaling back to help Trubisky because Nagy feels Trubisky is mentally overloaded.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need John Mullin to tell me anything...….He knows no more than what we do..……All you have to do is watch the game to understand he is not playing well.
he cant throw a deep ball,can`t hit wrs in stride and has been very inaccurate....(none of this has to do with learning the playbook,thats fundamentals)
Also I had said during the Bears/Arizona game thread that Trubisky needs to quit throwing the deep ball...……….Already knew this.

And Ive said this once,and ill say it again,during press conferences,a headcoach will only tell you what you wanna hear,not anything that's derogatory towards his team or anything other teams can pick up on from what he says...…..

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need John Mullin to tell me anything...….He knows no more than what we do..……All you have to do is watch the game to understand he is not playing well.
he cant throw a deep ball,can`t hit wrs in stride and has been very inaccurate....(none of this has to do with learning the playbook,thats fundamentals)
Also I had said during the Bears/Arizona game thread that Trubisky needs to quit throwing the deep ball...……….Already knew this.

And Ive said this once,and ill say it again,during press conferences,a headcoach will only tell you what you wanna hear,not anything that's derogatory towards his team or anything other teams can pick up on from what he says...…..

You just don't... get anything. I'm sorry if that's harsh, but my goodness man.

I can tell you didn't read the article. I don't know whether that makes your post more annoying... or less.

No one is saying that Mullin "knows more". He's simply providing some in-depth statistical stuff and comparing his progression to his rookie season. You misunderstood the entire point of everything to do with this thread. Amazing.

My goodness, dude. Get with the program. Everyone can spot the fact Trubisky is missing deep throws. LMAO. You think you were "on top of that"?

No one here is saying that Trubs is playing well.

And Ive said this once,and ill say it again,during press conferences,a headcoach will only tell you what you wanna hear

Why are you fucking telling us about coaches saying what fans want to hear in pressers? Like you're informing somebody. No shit. Are you the king of captain obvious observations? Hey, Wood... the sky is blue. Ya notice that too?

Well, being out of rhythm in a new offense can cause fundamentals to break down. He also looked good on that deep ball to Robinson. Hit him right in stride. So... "can't"...? Don't think so.

I just don't get what you're doing here in this thread... no one here is saying Trubisky is playing well. lol. The article merely points out that comparing him to Mahomes or other young QB's is a fallacy. While also demonstrating that he has steadily improved since his first few starts. Which incites optimism that the progression will continue.

That is all... get your head out of your ass.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just don't... get anything. I'm sorry if that's harsh, but my goodness man.

I can tell you didn't read the article. I don't know whether that makes your post more annoying... or less.

No one is saying that Mullin "knows more". He's simply providing some in-depth statistical stuff and comparing his progression to his rookie season. You misunderstood the entire point of everything to do with this thread. Amazing.

My goodness, dude. Get with the program. Everyone can spot the fact Trubisky is missing deep throws. LMAO. You think you were "on top of that"?

No one here is saying that Trubs is playing well.

And Ive said this once,and ill say it again,during press conferences,a headcoach will only tell you what you wanna hear

Why are you fucking telling us about coaches saying what fans want to hear in pressers? Like you're informing somebody. No shit. Are you the king of captain obvious observations? Hey, Wood... the sky is blue. Ya notice that too?

Well, being out of rhythm in a new offense can cause fundamentals to break down. He also looked good on that deep ball to Robinson. Hit him right in stride. So... "can't"...? Don't think so.

I just don't get what you're doing here in this thread... no one here is saying Trubisky is playing well. lol. The article merely points out that comparing him to Mahomes or other young QB's is a fallacy. While also demonstrating that he has steadily improved since his first few starts. Which incites optimism that the progression will continue.

That is all... get your head out of your ass.

Nope,didnt read........Don't need to...…

You already pointed out from the beginning that Mullin acknowledges his flaws.As if we already don't know this.

And I already know you guys know hes not playing up to his(hopeful) capabilities...……..I`m as discouraged as anyone else over this and keep watching and seeing young qbs coming thru the NFL and playing great while all I hear are excuses as why ours isn't...…he has not gotten better since game 1,when it looks to me he has regressed...…….

I watched Payton as a rookie at 12 yrs old and have endured a lot of brutal years of qb play...…..And from what ive seen so far is Trubisky is closer to being in the same qb play of qbs past,than closer to being the qb we all want and deserve...……..I just believe hes not the guy we`ve been looking for...……...Sorry

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And from what ive seen so far is Trubisky is closer to being in the same qb play of qbs past,than closer to being the qb we all want and deserve...……..I just believe hes not the guy we`ve been looking for...……...Sorry
Not going to dispute Trubisky's play to date, but I will defend the call to show some patience. I read some interesting info from an article in Fansided. I've quoted the section which I believe justifies the request for patience:

His vision needs to improve, and his downfield accuracy could be better. But we’re talking about a kid, not everyone is going to have a Patrick Mahomes start to their career.

Speaking of which, the media loves to compare the two since Trubisky was drafted before him. I thought it should be mentioned that Trubisky had a total of 572 passing attempts in 13 starts in college. While Mahomes had 1,300+ attempts and Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson had 1,200+ attempts. Trubisky is going to be a work in progress as he is young at the position, only time will tell how he is going to perform and develop.

We tend to forget just how inexperienced Trubisky was overall, even in college, prior to joining the Bears. It's agreed that we should not sugarcoat any bad performance on his part. But I do feel we owe him the luxury of gaining meaningful experience before writing him off as a bad investment.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are doing some good things on Offense, they are just struggling to score. They have generally moved it well between the 30's, in fact, they are 2nd only to Philly, in Time of Possession.

I'll prolly get shit for this, but I think Shaheen would've helped in the redzone a lot. Just his size alone created mismatches.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope,didnt read........Don't need to...…

You already pointed out from the beginning that Mullin acknowledges his flaws.As if we already don't know this.

And I already know you guys know hes not playing up to his(hopeful) capabilities...……..I`m as discouraged as anyone else over this and keep watching and seeing young qbs coming thru the NFL and playing great while all I hear are excuses as why ours isn't...…he has not gotten better since game 1,when it looks to me he has regressed...…….

I watched Payton as a rookie at 12 yrs old and have endured a lot of brutal years of qb play...…..And from what ive seen so far is Trubisky is closer to being in the same qb play of qbs past,than closer to being the qb we all want and deserve...……..I just believe hes not the guy we`ve been looking for...……...Sorry

Wow. You took the proverbial short leash and cut it down to just a little nub hanging off the collar.

Taking the Bears fan M.O. to a new level. smh

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are doing some good things on Offense, they are just struggling to score. They have generally moved it well between the 30's, in fact, they are 2nd only to Philly, in Time of Possession.

I'll prolly get shit for this, but I think Shaheen would've helped in the redzone a lot. Just his size alone created mismatches.
Why should you get shit for saying that? I don't think anyone here disagrees with that opinion.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to dispute Trubisky's play to date, but I will defend the call to show some patience. I read some interesting info from an article in Fansided. I've quoted the section which I believe justifies the request for patience:

His vision needs to improve, and his downfield accuracy could be better. But we’re talking about a kid, not everyone is going to have a Patrick Mahomes start to their career.

Speaking of which, the media loves to compare the two since Trubisky was drafted before him. I thought it should be mentioned that Trubisky had a total of 572 passing attempts in 13 starts in college. While Mahomes had 1,300+ attempts and Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson had 1,200+ attempts. Trubisky is going to be a work in progress as he is young at the position, only time will tell how he is going to perform and develop.

We tend to forget just how inexperienced Trubisky was overall, even in college, prior to joining the Bears. It's agreed that we should not sugarcoat any bad performance on his part. But I do feel we owe him the luxury of gaining meaningful experience before writing him off as a bad investment.

And with what you highlited,we DID waste our time and a draft pick in drafting Trubisky when we could of had better options in Watson or Mahomes……..

My guess is that the front office believes that Trubisky has the it factor and hes gonna be this next great qb……….

I don't see it yet and I think they fucked up and don't wanna quite want to admit it yet...….

Im just calling it the way I see it...….And yes I still hold out hope...…...

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. You took the proverbial short leash and cut it down to just a little nub hanging off the collar.

Taking the Bears fan M.O. to a new level. smh

Thanks...………..

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks...………..
Fer realz doe bruh..Trubisky's athleticism alone can get him by fer awhile....with the D we got...Right now, his completion percentage is among the best in the league. I think he'll get better. I look at it as his rookie season in a way, as it's an entirely new scheme, following a conservative af, low talent system.

Our D will keep us in games, and I still have hope that Trubisky can grow right alongside Nagy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole offense is playing like shit. There is no run game or run blocking.
Where are you getting this information? Offense knows only 20%? Scaling back for the whole offense not just Trubisky?

Stop making stuff up. He is scaling back to help Trubisky because Nagy feels Trubisky is mentally overloaded.

Coach speak really??? Thought you were better then that.
Nagy said it takes 5 years to learn the whole system so 20% is year one. Simple math you can do at home.
Are you saying the rest of the offense is clicking?? Trubs is below where we expected but how about the run game or run blocking or Burton or general timing. The whole offense and every player in it is going on game 4. It's not just Trubs.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole offense is playing like shit. There is no run game or run blocking.

Coach speak really??? Thought you were better then that.
Nagy said it takes 5 years to learn the whole system so 20% is year one. Simple math you can do at home.
Are you saying the rest of the offense is clicking?? Trubs is below where we expected but how about the run game or run blocking or Burton or general timing. The whole offense and every player in it is going on game 4. It's not just Trubs.

So when Nagy says it takes 5 years, you take it as gospel then you apply a simple math to come up with this grandiose theory everybody only knows 20% of the offense? But when Nagy (and Trubisky) says Trubisky is struggling with this offense and therefore he is cutting the playbook, you dismiss it as "coach speak"?

Oh i forgot. You're an idiot.