• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup Qualifying

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA gets England, Iran, and the winner of Scotland/Wales/Ukraine.

Group B

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA gets England, Iran, and the winner of Scotland/Wales/Ukraine.

Group B

Here are the groups... not too bad of a draw for the US, avoided some Group 3 and 4 teams I thought more dangerous.

Argentina with Mexico, Poland and Saudi Arabia. Tata Martinez appears will stay on as Mexico coach and coach against Argentina.

Qatar will have their work ahead of them to get out of the group... definitely pulled some difficult teams with Dutch, Senegal and Ecuador.

1648834275281.png

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good group for the US and England though personally I think Wales (or Scotland or Ukraine) is the best of the fourth seeds.

Don't really see a group of Death. Group A is tough.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How hard is group F?

We have Belgium, Monaco and Croatia.

Will have tough games... do not know much about Monaco.
- Belgium is #2 team ranked team in world... De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku... that is some top line talent... although Hazard not playing as well
- Croatia lost in final in 2018 WC... but team older now, but still have some top talent Modric, Kovacic, Perisic

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky for you.

And again, you also seem to not know how strong Canada actually is.

And we like it like that.
Canada is IMO very underrated and should have been a #3, but they are not as good as the US team even though they have by far the best player in CONCACAF

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will have tough games... do not know much about Monaco.
- Belgium is #2 team ranked team in world... De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku... that is some top line talent... although Hazard not playing as well
- Croatia lost in final in 2018 WC... but team older now, but still have some top talent Modric, Kovacic, Perisic

So some work to do. I'm on a dreamer stance on this but I know that it is not likely to happen.

This is a young Canadian team that can only get better. Hopefully there is more to come and hopefully we can rise that gold trophy someday.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good group for the US and England though personally I think Wales (or Scotland or Ukraine) is the best of the fourth seeds.

Have not seen Wales/Scotland/Ukraine, but I am exceptionally happy avoided Ecuador as 4th seed.

No group top to bottom seems like a group of death.. think Spain, Germany, Japan may be best 3 teams... but #4 may be the easiest of the 8 in pool.

Think Qatar and Portugal groups may be most competitive and interesting for all the games.

Brazil has a cakewalk IMO... if i just jinxed them I will not feel so bad.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why everyone (not necessarily here) likes our draw. Wales (assuming they get in) makes this a horrible group to be in. In the entire draw that was the one team I didn't want because you want your #4 to be an "easy" match. 2 teams move on. I was more worried about the #3 and #4 teams than the #1. We aren't finishing ahead of England but we only need to be #2. I think it is a toss up

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How hard is group F?

We have Belgium, Monaco and Croatia.
Well, you got screwed when they made you a #4 because I think Canada is much better than their current FIFA ranking and it kind of sealed your fate. You have no shot against Belgium. But, you lucked out IMO with Croatia as your #2. They are much better than you and many may disagree with me, but I don't think they are necessarily unbeatable or let's say undrawable. Monaco is a little better than people give them credit for. I'd say you really aren't likely to move on, but I wouldn't be shocked if you did. Let's say you beat Monaco and draw with Croatia and Monaco beats Croatia and you Don't get killed by Belgium. I'd say that's your best shot.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree about no Group of Death. If it was anyone other than Qatar in A (even though home team) it would be A.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you got screwed when they made you a #4 because I think Canada is much better than their current FIFA ranking and it kind of sealed your fate. You have no shot against Belgium. But, you lucked out IMO with Croatia as your #2. They are much better than you and many may disagree with me, but I don't think they are necessarily unbeatable or let's say undrawable. Monaco is a little better than people give them credit for. I'd say you really aren't likely to move on, but I wouldn't be shocked if you did. Let's say you beat Monaco and draw with Croatia and Monaco beats Croatia and you Don't get killed by Belgium. I'd say that's your best shot.
Where did I get Monaco from???

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why everyone (not necessarily here) likes our draw. Wales (assuming they get in) makes this a horrible group to be in. In the entire draw that was the one team I didn't want because you want your #4 to be an "easy" match. 2 teams move on. I was more worried about the #3 and #4 teams than the #1. We aren't finishing ahead of England but we only need to be #2. I think it is a toss up
Wales would have been a #2 seed if they had played (and won) this week. Iran are no pushovers.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada is IMO very underrated and should have been a #3, but they are not as good as the US team even though they have by far the best player in CONCACAF

Beat your ass twice... And Mexico.

We shall see. Canada is getting better even though they lost a couple recent games.

When we get Alphonso back all will be well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat your ass twice... And Mexico.

We shall see. Canada is getting better even though they lost a couple recent games.

When we get Alphonso back all will be well.
No you didn't and it doesn't work that way. You guys are so hyped up on what, the last few months? Full squad against full squad on a neutral site the US is better. Sorry, but it just is. Doesn't mean of course we are an elite team because we aren't. Both teams best chance to have a good run will be in 2026.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you didn't and it doesn't work that way. You guys are so hyped up on what, the last few months? Full squad against full squad on a neutral site the US is better. Sorry, but it just is. Doesn't mean of course we are an elite team because we aren't. Both teams best chance to have a good run will be in 2026.

Correct, we did not. But we beat you last.

Full squad against full squad, we can still beat you.

Whether we do remains to be seen.

Lately means much more than a year ago.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wales would have been a #2 seed if they had played (and won) this week. Iran are no pushovers.

Appears they would have had to jump Croatia to be a #2 seed, that would have happen with a win in playoff?

I do not think there are any pushovers once you get to World Cup... Argentina beat Iran in extra time (great Messi goal) in group stage in 2014.