• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup Predictions

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called Japan upset, kudos to you!... but you have Germany winning, so maybe not the shock you wanted :D

I wish I could have watched the game, always love watching Japan play, they hustle, play well as team and love to attack even strong opponents. And their fans are the greatest picking up after the game at stadium win, lose or tie.

Would love to see Japan come out of this group.
Ha ha yes. I did have Germany drawing with Japan but they weren't very good were they? SPain looked very good. Germany might be in real trouble. They probably have to beat Spain.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called Japan upset, kudos to you!... but you have Germany winning, so maybe not the shock you wanted :D

I wish I could have watched the game, always love watching Japan play, they hustle, play well as team and love to attack even strong opponents. And their fans are the greatest picking up after the game at stadium win, lose or tie.

Would love to see Japan come out of this group.
Oh Japan! Can't believe they couldn't at least draw with Costa Rica. I'm expecting a big Germany win vs Costa Rica and Japan to go out after losing to Spain.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Japan! Can't believe they couldn't at least draw with Costa Rica. I'm expecting a big Germany win vs Costa Rica and Japan to go out after losing to Spain.

Yes... I was disappointed, did not expect them to lose to Costa Rica. Figured Costa Rica would bounce back after 7-0 defeat, but did not expect them to win.

We have pool at work, 32 teams... I have to pick games with 2 other team members. Presently we are in 1st :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final 16 are set... of my predictions got 9 of 16. All my quarterfinal teams got through with exception of Germany and on correct side of bracket. All my semi-finalist still alive.

However... would love for USA to destroy my bracket and win a few more games :D

Some potentially good games. Do think France will handle Poland easily and do think Argentina had their scare vs lesser oppoent and win by 2 over Australia.

Would expect Brazil to advance... but not finishing with goals without Neymar, so not going to include them with above 2 I am more confident of winning.

By Federation:
- UEFA 8
- AFC (Asia) 2
- CAF 2
- CONMEBOL 2
- CONCACAF 1
- OFC 1

1670016065890.png

Last edited:

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final 16 are set... of my predictions got 9 of 16. All my quarterfinal teams got through with exception of Germany and on correct side of bracket. All my semi-finalist still alive.

However... would love for USA to destroy my bracket and win a few more games :D

Some potentially good games. Do think France will handle Poland easily and do think Argentina had their scare vs lesser oppoent and win by 2 over Australia.

Would expect Brazil to advance... but not finishing with goals without Neymar, so not going to include them with above 2 I am more confident of winning.

By Federation:
- UEFA 8
- AFC (Asia) 2
- CAF 2
- CONMEBOL 2
- CONCACAF 1
- OFC 1

View attachment 315602
My one semi final (England vs Spain) is still intact but the other France vs Germany is looong gone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 semi-finalist are through (Argentina, Brazil, England and Portugal)

Was really hoping Japan would win. If Argentina does not win, will be pulling for 1st time World Cup winner... at least 1 semi-finalist will have never won (Portugal/Morocco winner).

• England v France could be a final itself... really looking forward to that game. I am pulling for England in this matchup.
  • Argentina v Netherlands should be great game as well... think 5th time they meet all time at World Cup. 78 Argentina won in final at home... I remember 2006 goalless group stage result... both teams had locked up passing group stage after 2 games with wins and game was very bland. 1998 game Bergkamp scored great goal in quarterfinal to win 2-1... both teams at 10 men.
  • Hoping Croatia has experience to knock off Brazil... but Brazil looked unstoppable in 1st half
  • Portugal... if they do not play Ronaldo look very good as well :D
  • Can African team make it to semis for 1st time in World Cup? They appear to have strong following supporting them in Qatar

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 semi-finalist are through (Argentina, Brazil, England and Portugal)

Was really hoping Japan would win. If Argentina does not win, will be pulling for 1st time World Cup winner... at least 1 semi-finalist will have never won (Portugal/Morocco winner).

• England v France could be a final itself... really looking forward to that game. I am pulling for England in this matchup.
  • Argentina v Netherlands should be great game as well... think 5th time they meet all time at World Cup. 78 Argentina won in final at home... I remember 2006 goalless group stage result... both teams had locked up passing group stage after 2 games with wins and game was very bland. 1998 game Bergkamp scored great goal in quarterfinal to win 2-1... both teams at 10 men.
  • Hoping Croatia has experience to knock off Brazil... but Brazil looked unstoppable in 1st half
  • Portugal... if they do not play Ronaldo look very good as well :D
  • Can African team make it to semis for 1st time in World Cup? They appear to have strong following supporting them in Qatar
England will probably change formation (5-3-2) to try and deal with Mbappe. Not sure that we shouldn't just stick to what's worked so far. I think they will be plenty of goals in this one.

I think Argentina - Holland is really hard to call. I think it'll be a scrappy 1-0 or even 0-0 after 90.

Brazil did look really good. I wondered if a team with a really good midfield like Croatia could hurt them. I thought they really looked wide open in their first game against Serbia.

Finally Santos dropped Ronaldo and Portugal look much better. Morocco must be exhausted. Can't see them keeping Portugal from scoring.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with France scoring the in the 5th minute it will be France v Argentina