• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World # 1 can't play in the Ryder Cup. Fix?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants to say that the Euro's be given a special choice in the Captains pick.
You only get 1 Captain's pick if the player is outside the Euro zone or some sort of other trade off.

I'm sure most will want to leave it as is. Understood.

It's a bit of travesty that a "true" world number 1 is out of the loop.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants to say that the Euro's be given a special choice in the Captains pick.
You only get 1 Captain's pick if the player is outside the Euro zone or some sort of other trade off.

I'm sure most will want to leave it as is. Understood.

It's a bit of travesty that a "true" world number 1 is out of the loop.

Yeah..leave it as it...hell, we're having a hard enough time as it is beating the Euros.

The Presidents Cup was born largely because Els, Norman (I think he was #1 at the time), Price were all on top of the golf world and couldn't compete in the RC...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah..leave it as it...hell, we're having a hard enough time as it is beating the Euros.

The Presidents Cup was born largely because Els, Norman (I think he was #1 at the time), Price were all on top of the golf world and couldn't compete in the RC...

Yep. They already expanded it from the UK to all of Europe. Why give them an even bigger advantage if they have already won just about all of these in the recent past? Now if the US were clobbering them I could see this being at least a consideration. BTW - if anything Day should play for the US since he has lived in Ohio for a long time.