• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wondering if I should start a league this year

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I took the year off for MLB season-long fantasy. Personally outside of one year, I struggled. And I don't know if I have the time to invest. Honestly, if I play this year I'm going in with likely no research.

In the CBS leagues, is pitching in the first two rounds still necessary? In 2018, that didn't work out well. But I took two pitchers from the same team in rounds 2 and 3. It's a more hitter-friendly sport now so may need to put more emphasis on hitting behind an ace. If I do one.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I took the year off for MLB season-long fantasy. Personally outside of one year, I struggled. And I don't know if I have the time to invest. Honestly, if I play this year I'm going in with likely no research.

In the CBS leagues, is pitching in the first two rounds still necessary? In 2018, that didn't work out well. But I took two pitchers from the same team in rounds 2 and 3. It's a more hitter-friendly sport now so may need to put more emphasis on hitting behind an ace. If I do one.

Pitching in the first two rounds never was necessary.

There are probably half a dozen pitchers worth taking in the first 40-50 picks.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side. If you can grab a couple aces early, and have only minimal hitters to start (3 OF, no CI/MI, etc), then I would suggest to go pitcher heavy. Hitters are easy to find in shallow leagues.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's the same as it's been for a CBS free league. The band is back together again and I got people back on board, some.

Last two years I played, one year was a disaster (Bumgarner), the next year Kluber was good. In 2016, I drafted Keuchel first round and it was Kluber in the second that was my ace. I was just outside the playoffs that year.

I also messed up those last two years I played by taking two pitchers from the same team without thinking (Bum/Cueto and Syndergard/DeGrom).

I played a bit of DFS last year so I still have a sense of who the good players are.