• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wonder what the hell is going on at Texas Tech...another QB leaves

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First news came out about Baker Mayfield wanting to be dismissed and play somewhere else and now Michael Brewer is leaving. That leaves the Red Raiders with only one QB on campus with a scholarship.

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Davis Webb 226 361 2718 62.6 7.53 20 9 139.1
Baker Mayfield 218 340 2315 64.1 6.81 12 9 127.7
Michael Brewer 7 10 65 70.0 6.50/ 1 0 157.6

Crazy...

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield was a walk on... Brewer had back problems all year, and Webb became the guy. Quarterbacks these days don't want to stay if they aren't going to start. Of course, if they'd stay, they would find that likely they are going to get a shot at starting, but they don't seem to want to stay anywhere. Just jump ship. Don't like the trend. What's weird here is that they are ALL FRESHMEN

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like the trend. What's weird here is that they are ALL FRESHMEN
That's the problem ... most schools take a good QB every year, with a gap her or there. That gives the QBs a chance to red shirt and then play 2 years at some point. If you have too many in a class they see they won't get to play as long as the starter is there and move on.

UGa lost a 5 star QB who transferred to Jax State because he saw there was not going to be any playing time for him as 2 QBs behind him are just better. This is a guy who was the no. 1 Pro style QB in his recruiting class. Just didn't pan out and he has no option but to move on. Interestingly, his younger brother is a WR still on the team.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame the kids in this situation. If you can go somewhere else and be assured a starting spot compared to a 'maybe in the future' you have to understand why they jump ship. I dont fault them for it or the original schools that recruit them. On the school's side youre trying to attract as much talent as you can to draw from and on the player's side you are wanting to play the game as much as you can. It seems like a shit happens thing to me. :noidea:

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame the kids in this situation. If you can go somewhere else and be assured a starting spot compared to a 'maybe in the future' you have to understand why they jump ship. I dont fault them for it or the original schools that recruit them. On the school's side youre trying to attract as much talent as you can to draw from and on the player's side you are wanting to play the game as much as you can. It seems like a shit happens thing to me. :noidea:

I agree with you. This next season OU will have 5 QB's all talented. So yeah, if someone wants a chance to take over it's pretty slim, even though 3 QB's got playing time this season.

Senior: Blake Bell
Junior: Kendall Thompson
Sohomore: Trevor Knight
Rd Freshman: Cody Thomas
True Freshman: Justice Hanson.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked it up: Brewer is a red-shirt sophomore, and is graduating in May...

He can transfer anywhere he wants and play in 2014...

His father was a quarterback at Texas back in the day...

Texas currently has no quarterbacks (Ash, concussions, may or may not play, Swoopes, needs work)...

So, come on over to Texas, give us some depth!