• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wolves hire Connely

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other way to look at it was he was at the helm when all that bad stuff went down. He led you to a record win total and got you where? The Mavs are clearly more competitive this year without him there.

The Mavs got on an incredible hot streak and were still lucky that Wade, LeBron, and Bosh had not learned how to play together yet to get their championship. Carlisle is a mediocre coach, not bad, but not great. I feel the same about Casey, so bringing him in does not help your cause here. Lightning will not strike twice-Carlisle won't get your team to the promised land.
So it's Carlisle's fault Stephen Jackson was a fucking moron and still is today? It's Carlisle's fault that the FO was completely inept in handling Artest's trade request? And the best one yet - It's Carlisle's fault that LeBron and Wade made circuses of themselves in the early 2010's?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you don't think that maybe Carlisle would have had the presence in mind to not play Kleber against Golden State when he's giving you about four points and four rebounds per 30 minutes?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's Carlisle's fault Stephen Jackson was a fucking moron and still is today? It's Carlisle's fault that the FO was completely inept in handling Artest's trade request? And the best one yet - It's Carlisle's fault that LeBron and Wade made circuses of themselves in the early 2010's?
Look, its A difference of opinion. You think Carlisle is great, I think he's average.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, its A difference of opinion. You think Carlisle is great, I think he's average.
Carlisle is somewhere in between, and president of the coach's union.

And if I had a difference of opinion, I'm a sinner for not having emotional favoritism towards the Heat, Lakers, or Warriors...

Draymond was born and raised in Michigan, so I get it from your perspective.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlisle is somewhere in between, and president of the coach's union.

And if I had a difference of opinion, I'm a sinner for not having emotional favoritism towards the Heat, Lakers, or Warriors...

Draymond was born and raised in Michigan, so I get it from your perspective.
Wait,....what? This thread has nothing to do with Draymond, Heat, Lakers, or Warriors.
You are conflating others' disagreements with you with the discussion of Carlisle we were having. And being president of the union has nothing to do with his quality of coaching.
And I would not hitch my wagon to a player simply because he is from the state I currently reside in (FYI, I am not originally from Michigan, and am a UM fan, not MSU).

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait,....what? This thread has nothing to do with Draymond, Heat, Lakers, or Warriors.
You are conflating others' disagreements with you with the discussion of Carlisle we were having. And being president of the union has nothing to do with his quality of coaching.
And I would not hitch my wagon to a player simply because he is from the state I currently reside in (FYI, I am not originally from Michigan, and am a UM fan, not MSU).
Just pointing out this board's universal double standard when it comes to "difference of opinion".

Carlisle wasn't even the thread topic anyway. And even so, the Mavs had a better SRS rating during the COVID year under Carlisle than they did this year under Jason Kidd.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pointing out this board's universal double standard when it comes to "difference of opinion".

Carlisle wasn't even the thread topic anyway. And even so, the Mavs had a better SRS rating during the COVID year under Carlisle than they did this year under Jason Kidd.
,My opinion is mine, not the boards.

Not even sure what SRS rating is based on, but I would argue the conference finals>first round exit regardless of rating

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

What double standard is that?

The one where we mock someone who has stupid takes?

Because I can assure you, there is no double standard...we mock all stupid takes

It just feels like a double standard to you because you have, by far, the most stupid takes.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

What double standard is that?

The one where we mock someone who has stupid takes?

Because I can assure you, there is no double standard...we mock all stupid takes

It just feels like a double standard to you because you have, by far, the most stupid takes.
To paraphrase Stalin,

Everyone has a right to be stupid, but Comrade @HurricaneDij39 abuses the privilege...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BACK TO THE REAL TOPIC

@Picklerick 2.0 @Mebert

If you’re convinced that Connelly is a top five exec and that HurricaneDij is an incompetent basketball mind - I propose the following trade:

JaMychal Green and his $8.7 million salary for next season in exchange for the Timberwolves’ most outdated copy machine.

After all, Connelly negotiated that salary in itself, so it must be justified, right??? Do all Nuggets fans a favor and for the love of God take the deal so we could re-sign Boogie with much less luxury tax concerns.

Have JaMychal play some backup PF next to KAT.

Connelly can scout talent as well as anyone. There was never an issue in that department, even though he himself may admit there was a little luck to the Jokic pick. But if some of these salaries aren’t enough of a hint, he’s not the world’s greatest negotiator.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BACK TO THE REAL TOPIC

@Picklerick 2.0 @Mebert

If you’re convinced that Connelly is a top five exec and that HurricaneDij is an incompetent basketball mind - I propose the following trade:

JaMychal Green and his $8.7 million salary for next season in exchange for the Timberwolves’ most outdated copy machine.

After all, Connelly negotiated that salary in itself, so it must be justified, right??? Do all Nuggets fans a favor and for the love of God take the deal so we could re-sign Boogie with much less luxury tax concerns.

Connelly can scout talent as well as anyone. There was never an issue in that department, even though he himself may admit there was a little luck to the Jokic pick. But if some of these salaries aren’t enough of a hint, he’s not the world’s greatest negotiator.
Why are you tagging me? I haven't even posted a single time in this thread.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BACK TO THE REAL TOPIC

@Picklerick 2.0 @Mebert

Who said anything about top 5? I think he is a very good exec, which is better than the Wolves have ever had. Even if he is the worst version you imagine. It is still an improvement.

I don't care that they over paid to get him because he does not count against the cap. His salary does not impact the team at all.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about top 5? I think he is a very good exec, which is better than the Wolves have ever had. Even if he is the worst version you imagine. It is still an improvement.

I don't care that they over paid to get him because he does not count against the cap. His salary does not impact the team at all.
Reading comprehension isn't you're thing, apparently. Wasn't talking about Connelly' personal salary, but rather the player ones he negotiated while on the Nuggets.

Not surprised, though...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing you are stupid is not a fake tough guy thing, just a guy that knows a fact.
Repeating is over and over kinda is, bro. Neither of us really know one another's background and have had little actual interaction on here.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading comprehension isn't you're thing, apparently. Wasn't talking about Connelly' personal salary, but rather the player ones he negotiated while on the Nuggets.

Not surprised, though...
Why don't you go read what you said at post 5 and come back around. You literally said you are happy to see him leave at that price.

I get it though, when you throw out that many dumb ass takes it can be hard to keep track of them all.