• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wolves Fire Rosas

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be out of nowhere, especially when it appeared at mid season that he was allowed to do whatever he wanted.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is worth noting Wolves are already linked to Elton Brand, would they fire a GM just for an outside shot at getting Ben Simmons?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Sixers management would love to banish Simmons to Minnesota. For Russell straight up?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inappropriate relationship makes sense…

But the toxic culture was there long before Rosas arrived.
Before it was just incompetent, not toxic! Rosas was not perfect, but he at least made the correct call more often than not.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eight years ago the Mavericks hired Rosas to be their GM and after 3 months they let him go and he returned to work in the Rockets front office. I have never heard of such a thing happening. Even though I don't know particulars on either situation, I can find it believable he is difficult to work with.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic has a deep dive story on it and it wasn't very well written, but it sounds like he was very unpopular with other people in the building, squandered draft picks in trading for Deangelo Russell, hired a new coach without interviewing minority candidates, and was screwing one of his co-workers.

I wonder what if anything this means for the Sixers and a potential Simmons trade. Maybe nothing.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic has a deep dive story on it and it wasn't very well written, but it sounds like he was very unpopular with other people in the building, squandered draft picks in trading for Deangelo Russell, hired a new coach without interviewing minority candidates, and was screwing one of his co-workers.

I wonder what if anything this means for the Sixers and a potential Simmons trade. Maybe nothing.
The Russell/Wiggins trade was easily his worst move, then the Culver pick at 6.

If Wolves do have a real interest in Brand I think that would only help them in their pursuit of Simmons. He would not have the loyalty to Russell that Rosas did. You have to figure with KAT already running to social media to bitch, if the next guy comes in and trades his best friend it is probably the end of KAT with the Wolves. Adding Simmons and then having to move on from KAT defeats the purpose of adding Simmons in the first place.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Russell/Wiggins trade was easily his worst move, then the Culver pick at 6.

If Wolves do have a real interest in Brand I think that would only help them in their pursuit of Simmons. He would not have the loyalty to Russell that Rosas did. You have to figure with KAT already running to social media to bitch, if the next guy comes in and trades his best friend it is probably the end of KAT with the Wolves. Adding Simmons and then having to move on from KAT defeats the purpose of adding Simmons in the first place.

Yeah you'd have to make sure that KAT was on board with the deal.

But Russell is better than Wiggins, but not by that much.

But it shows how much everyone knows Wiggins sucks that it had to be a deal like that to move him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you'd have to make sure that KAT was on board with the deal.

But Russell is better than Wiggins, but not by that much.

But it shows how much everyone knows Wiggins sucks that it had to be a deal like that to move him.

He isn’t though.

Wiggins has a solid complimentary skill set that makes him a quality role player.

Russell is an individual. A talented scorer, but there is very little that he does that contributes to winning a basketball game.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn’t though.

Wiggins has a solid complimentary skill set that makes him a quality role player.

Russell is an individual. A talented scorer, but there is very little that he does that contributes to winning a basketball game.
Wiggins is a complementary skill set now that he is away from the Wolves, but at the end of his time there he did everything but take a nap on the court to show how uninterested he was in playing basketball. I think the entire world knew once he went to a decent franchise he would show up more.

I am not so much upset with trading Wiggins for Russell, I would rather have Wiggins, but he had quit. My issue was Rosas took what is somewhat close value in trades and gave up a way too lightly protected lottery pick in a crazy strong draft, and also took back a few contracts for end of the bench players that put the Wolves into luxury destroying any flexibility for future moves.

A straight up trade I would have not loved it, but keeping KAT happy makes it worth it. Maybe the wolves could have thrown in some extra, but destroying your cap and what turned into Kuminga makes it a career-destroying terrible trade. Especially when every other person in the Wolves front office opposed it and Rosas overrode them all.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll never understand guys who just won't accept a team concept. If guys like MJ and Kobe tried the ''I can win by myself'' thing and failed...what the hell makes D-Lo think he can do it?

Unless they latch on to a contender late in their careers, ala Melo, they end up with a career full of nice stats...but no rings or finals appearances.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand guys who just won't accept a team concept. If guys like MJ and Kobe tried the ''I can win by myself'' thing and failed...what the hell makes D-Lo think he can do it?

Unless they latch on to a contender late in their careers, ala Melo, they end up with a career full of nice stats...but no rings or finals appearances.

That’s easy.

It got them paid.

Monta Ellis
Russell

Guys like that get paid for putting up points

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn’t though.

Q just really hates Wiggins for some reason. I do too now but not because he can't play. Or rather exactly because he literally can't play half his games

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
header-tire-fire-in-2020_md.jpg