• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 17... @ BAL

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

Poor QB play is finally catching up to the Steelers. The DEF has pitched 2 stellar performances back to back weeks and the OFC has simply not been able to put points on the board. Even 20 points in the last 2 games and they are a lock for the playoffs. The conference lost to the Jets wiped out the tiebreaker edge and the 6th seed now belongs to the Titans. Win vs HOU and they are in...if they lose and PIT wins, the Steelers are in. If they both lose, TN is in.

Speaking of this game...the Ravens have now clinched HFA thru out the playoffs, and will not play a meaningful game for 3 weeks. Already noted, MVP candidate Lamar Jackson will not play, nor will injured RB Ingram. I still expect some starters will play at least a qtr to a half so this will be a difficult game for the Steelers.

Injuries
Mason Rudolph went on the IR with a collarbone or shoulder... Pouncey and Conner have not practiced as of Thursday.

Outlook...the rankings etc. have little meaning in this game with BAL likely sitting some starters. RG3 will get the nod at QB. They will run the same OFC, which means a heavy run game, and TEs in the passing game. The Steelers DEF will probably counter with the big nickle 3 ILBs...maybe even as the base. If they tackle well I expect them to be effective vs the backup QB and keep this game in the lower 20s...I have no expectation that Duck will rebound and put up 24 or more so I think the season probably ends 8-8, but maybe it comes down to Boz late...one can hope.

What say you?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the defense can hold RG3 & the Ravens backup RBs to less than 10pts then they have a shot. It’s as simple (and as sad) as that.

The Steelers offense won’t be putting up more than 1 TD. They’ll need to win off Boz’s leg & possibly a defensive TD.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee here is a shocker:
No Conner for Steelers in must-win Ravens game

Sadly I see a Ravens 13-9 win.

I can see it too....what's funny is Fichtner will probably play it close to the vest when PIT has nothing to lose, every trick play known to man should be on the table so to speak.

That said, I'm wondering how high Colbert will look for a RB in the draft? It's starting to look like Conner will or should be a one contract Steeler.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Holidays to my Steelers fans! The report is that the Houston Texans are going to rest their main players today. Would seem to make this game with the Ratbirds less interesting. The great thing about this is we don't have to watch them lose another playoff game under Tomlin for the moment.

PIT 10
BAL 24

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, at this point does it even really matter (other than just beating the ratbirds)? Truth is the League will be better off with the Titans in the playoffs over Pittsburgh.

hate saying that, but it is what it is.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice drive, 44 seconds and a punt....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closing thoughts.

This game was a lot like the last 3 or 4. Once the tape was out on Rudolph and Hodges, their limited scope of the OFC was exposed. I'm not sure if they had an opening game scoring drive all season, multiple 3 and outs. Coupled with the OL not being able to hold up at time to 4 man rushes, the OFC was not able to offer much support to a DEF that played well overall, but had to wear down playing nearly 40 mins on DEF.

They teased for a few games, but ultimately the talent or lack of playmaking from the QB position doomed the team....I'm not disappointed in Hodges play at all, and maybe this is unfair but I did come away from this season disappointed in the lack of growth that we saw from Rudolph...to play so badly to lose the job to an UDFA was pretty piss poor for a guy thought to have 1st rd pedigree.