• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 13th Pick in the 2019 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now, and I think officially -- the Fins are locked into the 13th pick in the draft - we can use this thread to throw some ideas around and post actual news and rumors we come across regarding this.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best DL available. I love Zach Allen. We could probably trade back a few spots and still get him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DE since they are most likely losing some and not getting any younger there. It's also a cash position so great bang for your buck. Need oline help as well but I'd hate using a 1st on it...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT sounds like a good choice but the Fins had Suh and couldn't win the division. The Fins had Wake at DE during his prime and couldn't win. QB is the greatest need on the team. The Fins are the only team in the AFC East without a clear starter at QB. If there is a franchise QB available then the Fins need to pick and develop him unless the Fins think Luke Falk or another QB is the right choice. Even if they like Falk they should still consider using a 2nd round pick on the best available QB to develop for the future.

If the Fins decide to pick another position at 13 a good choice could be CB. Greedy Williams of LSU could be the shutdown corner that the team needs opposite of Howard.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT sounds like a good choice but the Fins had Suh and couldn't win the division. The Fins had Wake at DE during his prime and couldn't win. QB is the greatest need on the team. The Fins are the only team in the AFC East without a clear starter at QB. If there is a franchise QB available then the Fins need to pick and develop him unless the Fins think Luke Falk or another QB is the right choice. Even if they like Falk they should still consider using a 2nd round pick on the best available QB to develop for the future.

If the Fins decide to pick another position at 13 a good choice could be CB. Greedy Williams of LSU could be the shutdown corner that the team needs opposite of Howard.

As it stands , this draft doesn’t really have a clear top QB — one could develop between now and draft day — but currently there isn’t one worth wasting a first round pick on .

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it stands , this draft doesn’t really have a clear top QB — one could develop between now and draft day — but currently there isn’t one worth wasting a first round pick on .
Unless a QB slides that they want I'd go DE possibly CB if it BPA between the two. I really want the oline to improve but tough to take an OG in the first unless they are unbelievable.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if BPA is the approach , I think going with either a CB or DE will be the wise route . I think those are two positions this draft will be strongest in . I think they can hit a home run with most any DE/DL they decide to go with early .

A solid CB can be bad in the second round .

An OL/OG should be able to be found in the 3rd or 4th round .

I think there will be elite options in the first round for OL — I just don’t know if one of those will make it to our spot .

We shall see . Let’s embarace the process and make the best of where the team is at least trying to get .

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is still possible that Kyler Murray may declare for the draft. If that happens he is worth considering for the Fins' first pick.

if the Fins don't draft a QB early this year another player to consider in the future is Joe Burrow of LSU.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins pull another in long line of wasted 1st round picks and trade to Baltimore for John Harbaugh

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Taking a longshot later makes more sense in this draft......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is still possible that Kyler Murray may declare for the draft. If that happens he is worth considering for the Fins' first pick.

if the Fins don't draft a QB early this year another player to consider in the future is Joe Burrow of LSU.

He's declared - He's 5' 10"

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's declared - He's 5' 10"

One of the things that I like about Murray is his pocket presence. He's small but he doesn't take a lot of hits. He reminds me of Mayfield in that way. Mayfield isn't a giant either at 6'1.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray isn't just short, he's small. Mayfield isn't small.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray isn't just short, he's small. Mayfield isn't small.

Mayfield is a thicker guy. That's true, however, I have seen guys put on muscle in the NFL early into their NFL careers.

The Fins are going to have options at QB. It could be 2019 or 2020. Even the following year is OK with me. Some lucky team will land Lawrence in 2021. The important thing is making the right choice. As a fan I can be patient.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fales for a year to see what he can do.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield is a thicker guy. That's true, however, I have seen guys put on muscle in the NFL early into their NFL careers.

The Fins are going to have options at QB. It could be 2019 or 2020. Even the following year is OK with me. Some lucky team will land Lawrence in 2021. The important thing is making the right choice. As a fan I can be patient.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fales for a year to see what he can do.

I predict Falk has just as much as a chance to start as Fales. I think the Grier and the FO really like him.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falk should get his chance too.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dexter Lawrence of Clemson could be a solid pick especially if the Fins aren't sold on using the first pick on a QB. Lawrence would enable the team to play 3-4 defense when it chooses. He would help the Fins' run defense right away. The Fins could trade down and get him if Greedy Williams isn't available.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dexter Lawrence of Clemson could be a solid pick especially if the Fins aren't sold on using the first pick on a QB. Lawrence would enable the team to play 3-4 defense when it chooses. He would help the Fins' run defense right away. The Fins could trade down and get him if Greedy Williams isn't available.

I'd be fine with Big Dex.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins did not obtain any compensatory picks for the draft. As it stands, the Fins have 1 pick per round. Obviously, moves will be made and picks could be added/subtracted.

With the teams salary cap situation more holes than the ones the team currently has, will be created. As well, with this team rebuilding, the team shouldn't marry themselves to one player/position for their first pick -- the best approach under the circumstances is, BPA.

I am sure the draft homework started a long time ago and there is a plan in motion -- the combine gets going in a few days -- the direction in which they will go in the draft will get a little more clearer than.

There are rumors that Branch and Quinn as top potential cuts for the Fins. I don't have the exact numbers as far as how much money letting those two go would free up as far as cap space -- but it should be a great amount.

No doubt, some of the vets will be kept around, pricey vets and otherwise -- But I think the Fins are doing their homework as far as which vets are the right fits to keep around during this rebuilding process. Clearly, there are some vets that wouldnt be the best of examples for a young player -- dirty-playing Kiko Alonso is atop of my list of veterans that need to go.

March is around the corner -- the draft is ever closer -- lets see how things play out.