• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With Arms Wide Open

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that the B10 has likely shot out some memo's to each school's AD to instruct them to keep their mouths shut. It is interesting how the other coaches have been pretty silent since the announcement. Frost seems to have crossed that line, but it doesn't appear the other coaches have been vocal at all since it became official.

Maybe I've missed it though.

Ryan Day spoke out no different than Frost, but Gene Smith was quick to shut him down.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it the arms that are wide open...or something else?

21008860574_56bb1a5ee7_o.jpg

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cash Rules Everything Around Me.

Nebraska will never leave the Big Ten so long as the rivers of TV keep flowing, and they will. Their failures are institutional. That they've been cuckolded by Wisconsin and Iowa isn't a failure of conference allegiance, but their own infrastructure firing decent coaches to get worse ones, and now they're hoping Frost can just make it right when there are at least 4 other significant top 25 capable programs in their division. It takes time.

On the ridiculous thought that they went back to the Big 12, they'd be a laughing stock. If they hang with it, they'll probably come back into being a perennial top 25. Ohio State's stranglehold won't last forever.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Day spoke out no different than Frost, but Gene Smith was quick to shut him down.

Gene Smith is and has been a god tier politician since he was at ASU. He's savvy. If tells his coach to stfu, there's probably a reason.

I hate that there's no fall football for the B1G and Pac 12, but I strongly suspect they have good, financial and health-based reasons for it.

A big part of which is appearance. These are almost all massive research schools, and the contributions of athletic departments compared to their overall expenditures aren't all that significant. Sometimes the football has to bow to throne of appearance.

Beyond that, maybe it's just not safe. My sister, who without going into detail is a somewhat high up health care official and her husband (also a doc) tested positive months ago. She just tested positive again yesterday. Anyone who claims to really understand the virus right now is a fucking liar.

Last edited:

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Staples has a new pod out, Nebraska vs B16.

Seeing Neb so pissed off.. kinda weird looking back at all the teams that left the Big12 in 2011. Colorado? LOL Mizzu? anyone really care? Aggy, they fit with the SEC even though they don't see them as one of their own... and now you have Nebraska.

grass ain't always greener?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Staples has a new pod out, Nebraska vs B16.

Seeing Neb so pissed off.. kinda weird looking back at all the teams that left the Big12 in 2011. Colorado? LOL Mizzu? anyone really care? Aggy, they fit with the SEC even though they don't see them as one of their own... and now you have Nebraska.

grass ain't always greener?

Who in the hell is the B16?

Can you post these 16 teams for the rest of us? TIA

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in the hell is the B16?

Can you post these 16 teams for the rest of us? TIA
It's spelled like that since ND and UVA are supposably going to join any minute..thus the joke..

BTW has TOm Osborne come out and said we will not be bullied by the ohio state, michigan's of the world?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking for those quotes, but couldn't find them. I guess I need to keep looking. Thanks for the info. If you find any links, please post them...if you don't mind. A google search has gotten me nowhere so far.

They were talking about Nebraska & Penn State's feelings on a radio show I was listening to shortly after the Big Ten made its announcement. Later that day on the evening news somebody mentioned that Ryan Day was looking into playing, too. It was sometime the next day when I either saw or heard about the feelings from the Iowa & Michigan coaches.