• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With Arms Wide Open

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting to see what is in the contract with this as other conferences have no bearing on the decision nor the contract.
I can’t imagine there being language that covers the B1G canceling an entire season when other conferences still play. I’m sure their are acts of God clauses and the conference has a right to do certain things for safety but if other conferences play and don’t have issues then it provides proof the B1G’s position on COVID was incorrect.

Now they have to play a full season or it does confirm the B1G decision but if they do play all bets are off.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's probably a lot of language in the agreements these teams have with their conferences that mitigate this kind of thing. I can't imagine the league would have gone ahead with the suspension of athletics if they thought any member schools would have any kind of legal leg to stand on in opposition.
I don’t think the B1G has thought any of this out. In fact it’s pretty obvious they have not.

We are about to see a rash of coaches come out against this decision the longer the other conferences stay on course.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the B1G has thought any of this out. In fact it’s pretty obvious they have not.

We are about to see a rash of coaches come out against this decision the longer the other conferences stay on course.

Disagree, I'm thinking the league office already lawyered up, and there isn't much the individual schools can do about it.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree, I'm thinking the league office already lawyered up, and there isn't much the individual schools can do about it.

I also think that the B10 has likely shot out some memo's to each school's AD to instruct them to keep their mouths shut. It is interesting how the other coaches have been pretty silent since the announcement. Frost seems to have crossed that line, but it doesn't appear the other coaches have been vocal at all since it became official.

Maybe I've missed it though.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that the B10 has likely shot out some memo's to each school's AD to instruct them to keep their mouths shut. It is interesting how the other coaches have been pretty silent since the announcement. Frost seems to have crossed that line, but it doesn't appear the other coaches have been vocal at all since it became official.

Maybe I've missed it though.
a memo wont work, they will keep whining to any journalist or blogger

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a memo wont work, they will keep whining to any journalist or blogger

I've got a feeling it will keep them from being public about their complaints. Also, how many quotes have you seen in complaint/or request to play outside the conference from other B10 coaches the past 24 hours? Maybe I'm missing them, but I haven't seen anything recently from coaches.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a feeling it will keep them from being public about their complaints. Also, how many quotes have you seen in complaint/or request to play outside the conference from other B10 coaches the past 24 hours? Maybe I'm missing them, but I haven't seen anything recently from coaches.
i've been listening to siriusxm all day.. they had Dorrell and he said they stood with the Pac and it's decision, they are all aligned and if an opportunity presented itself that would be inline with the conference, they would love to explore it and play this fall..

he said it beautifully. You don't get that with Nebraska who wants to throw it away like a tantrum for one season

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've been listening to siriusxm all day.. they had Dorrell and he said they stood with the Pac and it's decision, they are all aligned and if an opportunity presented itself that would be inline with the conference, they would love to explore it and play this fall..

he said it beautifully. You don't get that with Nebraska who wants to throw it away like a tantrum for one season

Well, if they are all aligned with the conference's decision, that would make me think that they were likely told not to make a fuss. Very rarely do you get everyone in agreement when you take something major away from them. Seems suspicious to me.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Penn State coach was also talking about trying to play on its own yesterday after the Big 10 made its announcement; and later on there was some grumbling from Ohio St.'s Ryan Day along similar lines; and some less threatening complaints from Michigan & Iowa.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Penn State coach was also talking about trying to play on its own yesterday after the Big 10 made its announcement; and later on there was some grumbling from Ohio St.'s Ryan Day along similar lines; and some less threatening complaints from Michigan & Iowa.

I was looking for those quotes, but couldn't find them. I guess I need to keep looking. Thanks for the info. If you find any links, please post them...if you don't mind. A google search has gotten me nowhere so far.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they happen to say anything about taking Washington? :hope:

That would be quite a bit of traveling for them and the conference. Although, I imagine WVU is a good bit away from most B12 teams.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be quite a bit of traveling for them and the conference. Although, I imagine WVU is a good bit away from most B12 teams.
Anything to gtfo of the PAC .. even if that means travelling by horseback.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t imagine there being language that covers the B1G canceling an entire season when other conferences still play. I’m sure their are acts of God clauses and the conference has a right to do certain things for safety but if other conferences play and don’t have issues then it provides proof the B1G’s position on COVID was incorrect.

Now they have to play a full season or it does confirm the B1G decision but if they do play all bets are off.
Personally I think the kids are safer on campus but if even one player gets it and passes it on they will feel vindicated.