• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wisconsin at Arizona State Game Thread

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stock-photo-9607868-man-hanging-himself-with-necktie.jpg

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After further review (ha), it looks like the play wasn't reviewable anyways....replay crew not at fault.

NO! NO IT HAS TO BE THEIR FAULT! IT CAN'T BE THE PAC12 OFFICIALS' FAULT! NOOOO!! :gaah::gaah:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO! NO IT HAS TO BE THEIR FAULT! IT CAN'T BE THE PAC12 OFFICIALS' FAULT! NOOOO!! :gaah::gaah:

You're a moron. No one has said the pac wasn't at fault. Even before the reprimands/sanctions I stated they deserved to be fired.

My concern was why no one was questioning the B1Gs replay crews responsibility to correct egregious errors by the field crew. Based on this, from the other thread.

ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable. However,
the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those involving the
game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable.

Do you know the meaning of egregious?

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a moron. No one has said the pac wasn't at fault. Even before the reprimands/sanctions I stated they deserved to be fired.

My concern was why no one was questioning the B1Gs replay crews responsibility to correct egregious errors by the field crew. Based on this, from the other thread.

ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable. However,
the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those involving the
game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable.

Do you know the meaning of egregious?

"Nothing in that WISC-ASU sequence was reviewable"
Mike Pereira

I take an officiating expert's opinion over yours....lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw, that bolded statement is completely ambiguous....doesn't mean you can review the play for the ref taking too long to spot the damn ball.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw, that bolded statement is completely ambiguous....doesn't mean you can review the play for the ref taking too long to spot the damn ball.

I like your Jabba the Hutt avatar - very creative.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Nothing in that WISC-ASU sequence was reviewable"
Mike Pereira

I take an officiating expert's opinion over yours....lmao

By the rule book which my so called opinion came from, egregious errors by the field crew are reviewable.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the rule book which my so called opinion came from, egregious errors by the field crew are reviewable.

You can't review a play where the ref takes too long to spot the ball or when they should have called a penalty. You just can't.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you could have reviewed if his knee hit the ground... just saying... In real time, I didn't think it did.
That would have stopped the clock and allowed the team time to set up.

Before you all jump on me, I agree the officials on the field should have taken control better than they did, no argument. It shouldn't have come to having the replay officials to bail them out.

As for Stave... he tried to do to much. His job is to get the ball to the middle and get the ball to the ref... not to try and spot it himself. Not an illegal or improper action, just an unusual one in a bad situation. If the ball wasn't on the ground, the ASU player couldn't be on top of it.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stave did exactly what they practice and what they're told todo. The ball is able to be spotted faster when it's put exactly where it's going to be spotted.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you could have reviewed if his knee hit the ground... just saying... In real time, I didn't think it did.
That would have stopped the clock and allowed the team time to set up.

Before you all jump on me, I agree the officials on the field should have taken control better than they did, no argument. It shouldn't have come to having the replay officials to bail them out.

As for Stave... he tried to do to much. His job is to get the ball to the middle and get the ball to the ref... not to try and spot it himself. Not an illegal or improper action, just an unusual one in a bad situation. If the ball wasn't on the ground, the ASU player couldn't be on top of it.

His knee touched, then the whistle blew, then he set the ball down.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy fuck man. At least these ass clowns are down to just 1 page a day of this total whine fest. At this rate maybe it will fall off the first page of the board by next week.

And after you have all ran out of steam and finally stopped the same two sentences over and over again ASU will still have the W and wisky will still have lost. Everyone knows you got screwed, but it can't be undone so all this is here is pissing in the wind.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stave did exactly what they practice and what they're told todo. The ball is able to be spotted faster when it's put exactly where it's going to be spotted.

Incredibly weak...I think any up-tempo team will tell you the best thing to do is hand the ball to the ref who is going to spot it. How many refs have you seen leave a ball where a player spots it...ever?

If that is what you are practicing, then I apologize to Stave...your coaches are the stupid ones.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy fuck man. At least these ass clowns are down to just 1 page a day of this total whine fest. At this rate maybe it will fall off the first page of the board by next week.

And after you have all ran out of steam and finally stopped the same two sentences over and over again ASU will still have the W and wisky will still have lost. Everyone knows you got screwed, but it can't be undone so all this is here is pissing in the wind.

Not everyone is saying we were screwed. That's why this thread continues.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread is for the gays....

errr...you did not see me here....

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it was "way too early" to call JJ the best defensive player in the league after his two best weeks in a DPOY year. It wasn't...he was te best defensive player in the league. I was wrong about Russell, and i'm sorry I put words in your mouth. But there is a big difference between being wrong on one item of a laundry list based on year-old arguments and being 0/3 with regards to posts made yesterday. And I already apologized, which is probably more than i'll get.

Ok. Explain this to me Smart. After 2 weeks last year Watt had 2 sacks, 6 tackles and 1 FR. Meanwhile after 2 games last year Clay Matthews had 6 sacks and 6 tackles. So who was a better defensive player at the point I said Watt wasn't the best defensive player in the league. And those were no where near his best 2 weeks. In week 14 Watt had 3 sacks and 10 tackles. In week 11 Watt had 3 sacks and 5 tackles. So those 1st 2 weeks were hardly his best 2.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredibly weak...I think any up-tempo team will tell you the best thing to do is hand the ball to the ref who is going to spot it. How many refs have you seen leave a ball where a player spots it...ever?

If that is what you are practicing, then I apologize to Stave...your coaches are the stupid ones.

That makes zero sense to compare the two. Up tempo offenses have the ball somewhere all over the field, and need to get it to the ref as its obviously faster than leaving it randomly on the sidelines or something.

Stave needed the ball to be placed exactly where it was.. Why would he waste time throwing it to a ref away from the spot?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes zero sense to compare the two. Up tempo offenses have the ball somewhere all over the field, and need to get it to the ref as its obviously faster than leaving it randomly on the sidelines or something.

Stave needed the ball to be placed exactly where it was.. Why would he waste time throwing it to a ref away from the spot?

Not only that, but he was a lot more concerned with standing up and gathering his team around, not sitting there waiting for a ref 25 feet away to come over and take the ball from him.

How many RBs do you see go down and sit the ball down as opposed to handing it to the official? The officials don't let other players jump on it then. They kneel down, pick it up, and place it where it belongs, a concept that was evidently way too difficult for this PAC crew to understand.

Bottom line is that if you want to sit and critique every play a QB makes, you can find something they didn't do flawlessly. That said, you don't need to sit and critique this play to realize who was at fault. Anyone with eyes that work can see from the start that the refs were the ones to blame. They are the only ones who did something far, far outside of their responsibility, and it cost a team the game.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, but he was a lot more concerned with standing up and gathering his team around, not sitting there waiting for a ref 25 feet away to come over and take the ball from him.

How many RBs do you see go down and sit the ball down as opposed to handing it to the official? The officials don't let other players jump on it then. They kneel down, pick it up, and place it where it belongs, a concept that was evidently way too difficult for this PAC crew to understand.

Bottom line is that if you want to sit and critique every play a QB makes, you can find something they didn't do flawlessly. That said, you don't need to sit and critique this play to realize who was at fault. Anyone with eyes that work can see from the start that the refs were the ones to blame. They are the only ones who did something far, far outside of their responsibility, and it cost a team the game.

If Stave was so concerned about gathering his team around him, why does he spend seconds 14-7 over talking to the referee...who has nothing to do with spotting the ball. and if where he placed the ball was so important to him why didn't he place it where he took the knee rather than running over and placing it somewhere 5 yards away. Had he handed the ball to the referee he would have forced him to do something with it...mainly spot the ball...all of that other horseshit could have been avoided and maybe Wisconsin could have kicked the field goal.

I'm not arguing that the referees didn't make total ass clowns of themselves in how they screwed this up...but they had been doing that all game, and Stave just figured out a way to make it easy for them to continue doing it. I mean if a dog is a known biter you don't stick your pecker in his mouth, do you?