• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Winston or Dak?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was offered Dak for Winston in a dynasty league...my initial reaction was no way, but was surpised upon closer inspection that Dak actually outscored him last year...again, my gut is Jameis is on the verge of blowing up and Dak seems more likely to stay about the same...anyone want to try talking me into hitting the 'accept' button?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was offered Dak for Winston in a dynasty league...my initial reaction was no way, but was surpised upon closer inspection that Dak actually outscored him last year...again, my gut is Jameis is on the verge of blowing up and Dak seems more likely to stay about the same...anyone want to try talking me into hitting the 'accept' button?
I think I'm keeping Winston. He and Mike Evans can be together for quite a while and with Dez's injury history I wonder how long he has left..............just my take.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimme Winston for the long haul. Once all the drama is done, Cowboys are gonna be Zeke, Zeke and more Zeke. However it turns out for him, Winston's gonna be throwing a lot.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could get an added piece with Dak, I would... but straight up, no.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could get an added piece with Dak, I would... but straight up, no.

agree- only way I do that is if I'm upgrading a different position at the same time

Like Chef said - you know Winston is gonna be chucking it most weeks. Cowboys want to run a slow paced time possession attack, if they get their choice.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 50/50 on it. Evans has me leaning towards Winston, but Winston needs to cut down on turnovers

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis all day. TB has numerous targets for Jameis to choose from. Dallas is reverting back to their days of pounding the rock with Emmitt Smith, only with EE this time.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston as explained above. Winston Winston

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 50/50 on it. Evans has me leaning towards Winston, but Winston needs to cut down on turnovers

He absolutely does, and in the short term it might not be pretty. Depends on how much you think he will progress as a top QB. I think ya'll know I'm a believer in him.

I wouldn't really think about ranking Dak over him to begin with in a Dynasty, and consider the directions the team offenses are going in. Monkey and Jeffro have pretty much spelled it out.

With Winston, the volume will pretty much be a guarantee and those target weapons are looking better all the time. By season's end, Charles Sims might be someone that everyone is kicking themselves for sleeping on.

And watch out for the Godwin kid down the road...just sayin'.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably say Winston as well, although, my reasoning is purely based on fear of being a homer. In your shoes, id be worried that my favorite team would effect my judgement on this and Id keep Winston.

But for all those saying its Winston no doubt. . just consider this. ..
As a rook, Dak outscored the 2nd year Winston. He outscored him with over 100 less pass attempts. He outscored him while working within an offense designed to protect him and not ask all that much of him. He outscored him while being without Dez Bryant for 3 games and a big part of another. He outscored him, as a rookie, without the benefit of having a training camp where he was fully prepped as being the starter.

So, yes, the Cowboys most definitely want to run the ball a lot, but i highly doubt they want to give Elliot 320+ carries very often. With a simple natural progression for Dak, one should safely assume he increases his attempts, as the entire playbook is opened. Going off last years numbers and coming up with the assumption that they simply want to ground and pound going forward is completely disregarding the fact that he was a rookie, of course they ran a lot.

Honestly i think they're so close, long term, that it comes down to personal preference, it's by no means a given one way or the other.