• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Winnipeg to host a Heritage Classic game

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- The Winnipeg Jets are set to celebrate their fifth anniversary in the NHL with an outdoor game in the winter of 2016.

Jets chairman Mark Chipman confirmed Monday the league and True North have agreed to play a Heritage Classic at Winnipeg's Investors Group Field two seasons from now.

They should play the Flames and paint "Thanks, Atlanta" inside both bluelines.

/At least the outdoor ice should be good for this game.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- The Winnipeg Jets are set to celebrate their fifth anniversary in the NHL with an outdoor game in the winter of 2016.

Jets chairman Mark Chipman confirmed Monday the league and True North have agreed to play a Heritage Classic at Winnipeg's Investors Group Field two seasons from now.

:clap:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool and congrats to the people of Winnipeg. However I don't see the need to put "Thanks, Atlanta" on the ice. I am one of those people that hate to see a city loose their team. It was a good choice by the NHL to move the team for sure but there were still some faithful hockey fans in that city and even though the numbers may be small I just don't see why they should have it rubbed in their face. JMO.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool and congrats to the people of Winnipeg. However I don't see the need to put "Thanks, Atlanta" on the ice. I am one of those people that hate to see a city loose their team. It was a good choice by the NHL to move the team for sure but there were still some faithful hockey fans in that city and even though the numbers may be small I just don't see why they should have it rubbed in their face. JMO.

Sorry Boss, I forgot to add the sarcasm tags to my post (or maybe a just kidding at the end).

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said in the ongoing thread that it would be something if it gets scheduled a few weeks after the grey cup (because it would be financially ideal to expand capacity for 2 major sports events rather than 1)

but Ill double down on that one and say ... wouldnt it be something if the Grey cup competitors ended up being the Heritage classic competitors (WOO HOO FUCK OFF GREEN RIDERS!!!)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said in the ongoing thread that it would be something if it gets scheduled a few weeks after the grey cup (because it would be financially ideal to expand capacity for 2 major sports events rather than 1)

but Ill double down on that one and say ... wouldnt it be something if the Grey cup competitors ended up being the Heritage classic competitors (WOO HOO FUCK OFF GREEN RIDERS!!!)

/i guess apologies to the tabbys :(

//but ... 2015 ... never know where that second "Toronto" team is going :nod:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Boss, I forgot to add the sarcasm tags to my post (or maybe a just kidding at the end).

It's OK dash but as you know the possibility of us having the Bills move to Toronto is very real. We do not have the population or corporate money that TO has and for the NFL it probably would be a good financial move.

I give many Toronto residents kudos and appreciation for coming out and saying "We would like an NFL team but not at Buffalo's expense" I've seen this many times and the Toronto residence that come here for the games say that the atmosphere here is much better than games at Rogers Center. I know my cousin feels that way as he goes to Bills games in both cities. We are not a huge market but surprisingly I read that the population loss has slowed down and the next census may even show an increase for the metro area here. Much of it due to an increase in major developments in the medical and education fields that has created a bit of a construction boom in the down town area.

Even though the Bills have sucked they still get strong support from their fans and much better than some larger area's that have more people.

I just know that as a life long Bills and Sabres fan I would die a thousand deaths if we ever lost either team as I'm sure many other Buffalonians would.

It's cool I understand what you're saying and no need to apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with Boss. Why upset all 23 of them?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's OK dash but as you know the possibility of us having the Bills move to Toronto is very real. We do not have the population or corporate money that TO has and for the NFL it probably would be a good financial move.

I give many Toronto residents kudos and appreciation for coming out and saying "We would like an NFL team but not at Buffalo's expense" I've seen this many times and the Toronto residence that come here for the games say that the atmosphere here is much better than games at Rogers Center. I know my cousin feels that way as he goes to Bills games in both cities. We are not a huge market but surprisingly I read that the population loss has slowed down and the next census may even show an increase for the metro area here. Much of it due to an increase in major developments in the medical and education fields that has created a bit of a construction boom in the down town area.

Even though the Bills have sucked they still get strong support from their fans and much better than some larger area's that have more people.

I just know that as a life long Bills and Sabres fan I would die a thousand deaths if we ever lost either team as I'm sure many other Buffalonians would.

It's cool I understand what you're saying and no need to apologize.

At the risk of thread-jacking, have you seen the articles about Russ Brandon complaining that there are still so many tickets available for the Miami game? And more hilariously the comments that, without exception, say that maybe, just maybe, if they put a decent team on the field for the first time this millennium, the game would already be sold out.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I should probably add that I did live and work in Atlanta for approximately 18 months and I think it's a great city (fantastic weather, fine dining, lots of things to do etc.). With Bettman at the helm, who knows, maybe Atlanta will get a 3rd crack at a NHL franchise?

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of thread-jacking, have you seen the articles about Russ Brandon complaining that there are still so many tickets available for the Miami game? And more hilariously the comments that, without exception, say that maybe, just maybe, if they put a decent team on the field for the first time this millennium, the game would already be sold out.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out Elo's comment but yes I saw that. What pisses me off is look at the Dolphins home games, a lot of fans disguised as orange seat's or Jacksonville covering up thousands of seats to help sell out the games. Oakland has had problems with crowd size along with a couple other cities but they seem to concentrate on Buffalo.

I responded to Brandons comments in the Buffalo News (My screen name is SteveK) and said the same thing. Put a winning product on the field and the fans will pack the place, they sold out 80,000 seat Rich stadium all the time and led the NFL in attendance. They are still drawing good crowds but it's tough to ask fans during a shitty economy to sit in 10 degree weather and watch them lose. Damn they don't sit in 80 degree weather in Miami when they are winning.

Oh well, As you said sorry to hi-jack the thread I'm done.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tom Glavine shakes his head at you. :tsk:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I should probably add that I did live and work in Atlanta for approximately 18 months and I think it's a great city (fantastic weather, fine dining, lots of things to do etc.). With Bettman at the helm, who knows, maybe Atlanta will get a 3rd crack at a NHL franchise?

LOL, I don't think so dash. It is a pretty nice city though. :suds:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, a Glavine/comeds glare.

/I think Glavine made the correct sports choice choosing besbol over hockey.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, a Glavine/comeds glare.

/I think Glavine made the correct sports choice choosing besbol over hockey.

Drury in reverse eh? Although who knows maybe he would have been a great baseball player.