• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Windows 11 ? Would you upgrade now?

Will you upgrade to Windows 11 when it's available?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

• Hell and the f*** no

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I'll wait and see and adopt when its stable

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • IDGAF, I'm on Apple/Google, etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arugula and alfalfa salad

• Total voters

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No TPM 2 on my machine so I'll stay with Windows 10 for now. They wanted to sell me Win Pro 10 for $99 but I'll pass.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still on Windows 7 but am planning to upgrade my PC soon. May as well wait until Windows 11 is released and debugged.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after a lot of adjustments and attempts I finally was able to load windows 11. Here's what it looks like on my computer:

View attachment 274070
That desktop looks really clean, I could work with that. From a look standpoint, not too far removed from Windows 7 which I am currently using. Does Windows 11 look like that right out of the box or do you have to swear and kick shit in order to get it there?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That desktop looks really clean, I could work with that. From a look standpoint, not too far removed from Windows 7 which I am currently using. Does Windows 11 look like that right out of the box or do you have to swear and kick shit in order to get it there?
Looked like that right out of the box and yes similar to windows 10 or 7. Got to say I like it, no stupid changes, like with windows 8. In fact I forget I', on a new version of windows once I start using it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No TPM 2 on my machine so I'll stay with Windows 10 for now. They wanted to sell me Win Pro 10 for $99 but I'll pass.
I didn't think I had TPM 2 at first, but I did, just had to enable it in bios. Which was kind of tricky to find for me. Had to click on PCH-FW Configuration to get to where I could enable the firmware for it. It varies on where to find it in bios depending on the motherboard you have. How old is your computer? Unless it's from before 2016 you likely do have TPM 2 and it just needs to be enabled.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in no hurry to upgrade to Windows 11 anytime soon

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that annoys me with windows 11;

Microsoft is testing a new change to its future version of Windows 10 which will probably annoy anyone using the operating system. The software giant revealed today that “we will begin testing a change where links clicked on within the Windows Mail app will open in Microsoft Edge.” The change means if you have Chrome or Firefox set as your default browser in Windows 10, Microsoft will simply ignore that and force you into Edge when you click a link within the Mail app.

So links in mail open up with Edge instead of the browser you use as the default browser, that's some horse shit right there.

LyquidMetal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that annoys me with windows 11;

Microsoft is testing a new change to its future version of Windows 10 which will probably annoy anyone using the operating system. The software giant revealed today that “we will begin testing a change where links clicked on within the Windows Mail app will open in Microsoft Edge.” The change means if you have Chrome or Firefox set as your default browser in Windows 10, Microsoft will simply ignore that and force you into Edge when you click a link within the Mail app.

So links in mail open up with Edge instead of the browser you use as the default browser, that's some horse shit right there.
“As always, we look forward to feedback from our WIP community,” says Microsoft’s Dona Sarkar in a blog post today. I’m sure Microsoft will receive a lot of feedback over this unnecessary change, and we can only hope the company doesn’t ignore it.

m$ trying to force? Yeah, I think there may be a bit of feedback on that.

But, the article is over 2 years old.

Thing is. If m$ hasn't already got the idea that for the most part, we will run your bloated virus susceptible os, but let US run it how we like, then they never will and will try to force their crap ideas on us.