• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wims in the early lead for the 6th WR spot

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about the Sox, but I notice these types of trends with the bears during the offseason and into the preseason. I think it’s because there is nothing to talk about.

I think it's just every fan-base... ever. For every sport. Speculating on young talent is a pretty universal thing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it odd you put something in quotations that I never said.

No, I haven't at all. One, if I'm right and he goes on to do nothing of note in his career....I'm not gonna say I told you so. Because I'm not that asshole. I wasn't right because I know more than anyone else....I'm just a fan with an opinion. If he does well...I'll say I was wrong and be happy about it.

I feel Wims is nothing special and no one is gonna really remember him in a few years. That doesn't pigeonhole me....it's just an opinion.

His only real ability seems to be his size, in my opinion. If he was a few inches shorter he's probably not even on a roster.

Not a good route runner, not a speedster. That typically equals not an NFL player.

I find it odd you put something in quotations that I never said.

It was never intended to be a direct quote, but rather a paraphrasing in order to condense your point into a sentence. So, it's not very weird. I don't believe that I misrepresented either post of yours. If I did, then you'd have a bone to pick.

No, I haven't at all. One, if I'm right and he goes on to do nothing of note in his career....I'm not gonna say I told you so. Because I'm not that asshole. I wasn't right because I know more than anyone else....I'm just a fan with an opinion. If he does well...I'll say I was wrong and be happy about it.

You can keep rephrasing this point and I get it. That being said, how you personally react to being right or wrong doesn't have much to do with the fact that you've carved out a clear position on one side of the proverbial "line in the sand" when it comes to Wims.

His only real ability seems to be his size, in my opinion. If he was a few inches shorter he's probably not even on a roster.

And if Eddie Jackson was a few tenths of a second slower in the 40 yard dash... he'd be playing in Canada.

If I was a few inches taller, maybe I could be banging 10's instead of 7's.

Not a good route runner, not a speedster. That typically equals not an NFL player

Yes, this is why he was a late round pick and considered a project.

I think he uses his size and body frame extremely well. Route running is one of the more teachable aspects of being a receiver, so we'll see how he looks this season in that regard.

Again, I wouldn't place a bet on him winding up a real good player. However, there is ability and my main point of contention with you is that a large part of your dismissal of Wims derives from "he was a 7th round pick". You use other late round and undrafted receivers to rationalize your point. I think it's self-evident why that's not a legitimate criticism of Wims himself.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with unproven 7th rounders/UDFA WRs.

Oh, I assure you... it is. lol

I beg you to go look at other forums highly active with a good deal of posters. In any sport. All speculate on their back end talent when those players show any sign of promise.

Fans aren't different from one another from city to city... it's all the same thing. We're all the same assholes.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I assure you... it is. lol

I beg you to go look at other forums highly active with a good deal of posters. In any sport. All speculate on their back end talent when those players show any sign of promise.

Fans aren't different from one another from city to city... it's all the same thing. We're all the same assholes.
I’m not sure any other nfl team has a fan quite like you, richi.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was never intended to be a direct quote, but rather a paraphrasing in order to condense your point into a sentence. So, it's not very weird. I don't believe that I misrepresented either post of yours. If I did, then you'd have a bone to pick.

Why paraphrase at all when you can just directly quote my actual words?

You can keep rephrasing this point and I get it. That being said, how you personally react to being right or wrong doesn't have much to do with the fact that you've carved out a clear position on one side of the proverbial "line in the sand" when it comes to Wims.

I sure hope my position is clear because if it wasn't I would begin to question if I'm typing in english or not.

Having a clear position doesn't mean I'm pigeon holed though. If Wims suddenly shows he is a legit NFL receiver...I can change my opinion of him.

And if Eddie Jackson was a few tenths of a second slower in the 40 yard dash... he'd be playing in Canada.

If I was a few inches taller, maybe I could be banging 10's instead of 7's.

The difference is Jackson actually is a phenomenal athlete with not only physical skills as a football player but also mental ones.

What I am saying is Wims only real talent, in my opinion, is his size. Jackson has many talents...some physical, some not.

That's a really big difference.

Route running is one of the more teachable aspects of being a receiver, so we'll see how he looks this season in that regard.

Route running is teachable. Speed and quickness are not. You need some quickness to be a good route runner. If you can't get out of your breaks quickly...you will never succeed as a route runner. Guys like Larry Fitzgerald lack top end speed but possess quickness in their cuts and breaks.

Again, I wouldn't place a bet on him winding up a real good player. However, there is ability and my main point of contention with you is that a large part of your dismissal of Wims derives from "he was a 7th round pick". You use other late round and undrafted receivers to rationalize your point. I think it's self-evident why that's not a legitimate criticism of Wims himself.

Show me one post where I used his draft position as a reason he won't succeed.

I said Bears fans have a fascination with late round or undrafted receivers. I never said he sucks because of where he was drafted.

I'm not criticizing him for where he was drafted at all. And I never typed those words. Not once.

Stop trying to "paraphrase" and just read my actual words.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wims is currently our 4th WR and moving up. He will play a lot this year so we will know by seasons end who is right or wrong. I am very high on Wimms for the record. We got too many options in the pass game to think anyone is gonna get 100 receptions.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wims is currently our 4th WR and moving up. He will play a lot this year so we will know by seasons end who is right or wrong. I am very high on Wimms for the record. We got too many options in the pass game to think anyone is gonna get 100 receptions.
Wims for the pro-bowl!

In all seriousness, it's pretty cool that we have a young guy with some real potential in the event that our starter gets hurt. We're not used to having promising young talent in the pipeline here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wims for the pro-bowl!

In all seriousness, it's pretty cool that we have a young guy with some real potential in the event that our starter gets hurt. We're not used to having promising young talent in the pipeline here.
Too think were we we at only 2 years ago in the WR department.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too think were we we at only 2 years ago in the WR department.
I think we’re overrating our group of WRs right now. It’s better than 2 years ago, but I think we’re still middle of the pack at the position as it stands now. Miller and/or Wims will have to demonstrate that they belong this year for us to be considered good at the position. AR has shown to be an average # 1 at best. Gabriel was meh. Miller showed promise, but he has to build on it. Wims is a wild card.