• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson Signs largest contract in NFL History

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC conference game against the 49ers? the game wilson threw for 215 yards and one TD and everyone knows what won that game was richard sherman tipped INT and beast mode runnings for over a 100 yards and a touchdown so no thats not great wilson more like great defense and run game with wilson not turning the ball over.

The lost that game against the falcons and panthers in which you proved my point more than yours if you have to rely on wilson to throw the ball and play catch up we lose the game.

You're just trolling, right? That is the only possible explanation for this comment. You certainly didn't watch any of those games.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you along with some of the seahawks fans here are such homers and refuse to criticize their players. You guys swear wilson is so great I am trying to bring you guys back to reality. You know how many QBs would have beaten the broncos if their defense held them to 8 points and causing defensive TDs, TDs on special teams and safeties? Pretty much anyone.

I am not saying we should have let wilson walk or even if he isnt worth the money because he got paid the going rate for QBs and if mathew stafford got paid then wilson deserves to get paid.

What I am saying is that wilson isnt as great as you think, he needs so much more help because without a great run game and a great defense the seahawks are an average team and if they make the playoffs are one and done. which is the writing on the wall the next few years because the hawks will probably have to trade frank clark
You've clearly never read things I've said about him over the years. I've given him plenty of criticism for poor games and his obvious flaws.

That doesn't change that he is by any measure one of the top 5 QBs in the league. Period. Bring up any QB not in that top group and show me where they are doing more than Wilson. You won't because you can't and you know it.

I said he has lost them games in this thread. He has happy feet and has routes he can't hit. I've said all of that FOR YEARS.

Doesn't change at all that he is by far that best player this franchise has ever had and he is one of the top QBs in this era.

Remember when some of our own fans were convinced Wilson was going to be worse than Cam, Kaepernick, and Luck when he came into the league and some of our fans were hung up on his size?

Some of them have looked for reasons to hold onto that early prejudice ever since.

Shame too. They are spending the best years of this team mired in hate instead of enjoying the ride.

Same with the Bevell haters.

Some of you just refuse to be happy.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the deal. Too many people seem to think it's easy just to find some low-rent QB and build a championship team around him. The fact that we did it (with Russell Wilson, no less) doesn't mean you can just do it any time its needed. People throw out some numbers and try to say you cannot win when your QB makes over a certain % of the cap, but I don't think the Falcons blew a 25 point lead in the SB because Matt Ryan's cap number was a point too high. Brees' contract didn't keep the Saints from winning the NFC title game this past year. I don't think winning a SB becomes more difficult when you sign a great QB in a QB league. That makes zero sense.

Will have to see what the terms of the deal are, but the cap % is only going to be about 15 in a couple seasons from now (and 2019 is still the last year of the current deal, so this year's cap # only went up about $1M with this extension, according to what I heard Clayton say) when the cap is well over $200M. By the time we get into the 2nd or 3rd year of this deal, it's going to be a bargain.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
II
you along with some of the seahawks fans here are such homers and refuse to criticize their players. You guys swear wilson is so great I am trying to bring you guys back to reality. You know how many QBs would have beaten the broncos if their defense held them to 8 points and causing defensive TDs, TDs on special teams and safeties? Pretty much anyone.

I am not saying we should have let wilson walk or even if he isnt worth the money because he got paid the going rate for QBs and if mathew stafford got paid then wilson deserves to get paid.

What I am saying is that wilson isnt as great as you think, he needs so much more help because without a great run game and a great defense the seahawks are an average team and if they make the playoffs are one and done. which is the writing on the wall the next few years because the hawks will probably have to trade frank clark
You should take part in game threads.:pound: That would open your eyes. All things Seahawks gear criticize. That definitely includes RW.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just trolling, right? That is the only possible explanation for this comment. You certainly didn't watch any of those games.

So you are a great player if you show up only in the 2nd half and still lose the game wow you are such a winner. stop messing around and find me a playoff game that the seattle seahawks have actually won and when you find that 1 or 2 ill hit you with the list of games we lost where he put up average numbers.

take your time

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are watching the best QB that has ever worn a Seahawks uniform - and it's not even close, and you're still complaining that people don't criticize him enough? It's amazing that Russell is coming off what is arguably the best season of his career as far as personal accomplishments (I think it was his second best season behind 2015), and you're trying to argue he isn't that good. If you are requiring perfection at all times, there will always be something to complain about.

People keep bringing up Russell's performance since Lynch stopped being a factor in the offense, and I don't get the complaints. 2015-2017 Russell averaged 4075 yards, 30 TDs and 10 INTs with a 98.9 rating over those 3 years - 2 of which had absolutely 0 running game whatsoever and all three had putrid OLines. That doesn't even bring into account this past season where he put up a 5 to 1 TD to INT ratio on his way to a career high 110.9 rating.

Just for fun. let's look at a few of Russell's Seahawk passing records.

Career:
Completions: 2095 (3rd, 1 behind Dave Krieg).
Attempts: 3261 (3rd, 315 behind Krieg)
Comp. % - 64.2 (1st)
Yards: 25624 (3rd, 508 behind Krieg)
TD: 196 (1st)
TD%: 6.0 (1st)

INT: 63 (4th, 65 behind Matt Hasselbeck)
INT%: 1.9 (1st)
YPA: 7.9 (1st)
YPG: 228.8 (1st)
Rate: 100.3 (1st)
4QC: 17 (1st)
GWD: 23 (1st)

Season:
Completions: 353 (1st); 339 (3rd); 329 (4th)
Attempts: 553 (2nd); 546 (3rd)
Comp. % - 68.1 (1st); 65.6 (2nd); 64.7 (5th)
Yards: 4219 (1st); 4024 (2nd); 3983 (3rd)
TD: 35 (1st); 34 (t - 2nd Twice)
TD%: 8.2 (1st); 7.0 (5th)

INT: 11 (t -27th)
INT%: 1.5 (2nd); 1.6 (3rd); 1.7 (4th)
YPA: 8.3 (2nd); 8..2 (3rd); 8.1 (4th); 7.9 (5th)
YPG: 263.7 (1st); 251.5 (2nd); 248.9 (3rd)
Rate: 110.9 (1st); 110.1 (2nd); 101.2 (3rd); 100.0 (4th)
4QC: 4 (t-1st); 3 (t - 3rd Twice)

GWD: 4 (t- 2nd - 4 times)

Here are more important numbers I really do not understand why you posted the seahawks QB stat history when I am not arguing that but this is the win/record with marshawn lynch and post marshawn lynch with wilson being the focal point of the offense

Year Record Finish (Regular / Post Season)
With Russell Wilson leading the offense
2018 10-6-0 2nd -- NFC West 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs
2017 9-7-0 2nd -- NFC West -- MISSED PLAYOFFS
2016 10-5-1 1st -- NFC West 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs
2015 10-6-0 2nd -- NFC West 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs

With Marshawn Lynch leading the offense
2014 12-4-0 1st -- NFC West 2-1 - Lost Superbowl
2013 13-3-0 1st -- NFC West 2-0 - Advanced to Superbowl
2012 11-5-0 2nd -- NFC West 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs

He can have all the stats but its proven that when wilson is leading the hawks and taking up a ton of cap we are a above average team

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've clearly never read things I've said about him over the years. I've given him plenty of criticism for poor games and his obvious flaws.

That doesn't change that he is by any measure one of the top 5 QBs in the league. Period. Bring up any QB not in that top group and show me where they are doing more than Wilson. You won't because you can't and you know it.

I said he has lost them games in this thread. He has happy feet and has routes he can't hit. I've said all of that FOR YEARS.

Doesn't change at all that he is by far that best player this franchise has ever had and he is one of the top QBs in this era.

Remember when some of our own fans were convinced Wilson was going to be worse than Cam, Kaepernick, and Luck when he came into the league and some of our fans were hung up on his size?

Some of them have looked for reasons to hold onto that early prejudice ever since.

Shame too. They are spending the best years of this team mired in hate instead of enjoying the ride.

Same with the Bevell haters.

Some of you just refuse to be happy.

You need to stop lying and saying that I said russell wilson wasnt a top 5 QB.
I never said Kaep or Luck was better than wilson
I never said Wilson wasnt the best QB in seahawks history
I never brought up wilsons size
I never said anything about bevell
and I never said I read your comments

so you mentioning that was a waste of time

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys are trying add arguments and bringing up things that have nothing to do with what I am saying.

Wilsons stats are great yes, does he deserve to be paid yes, did he win a superbowl as the starting QB of the team yes.

but the facts are when wilson is supposed to be the biggest threat on the offense expect to win 9-10 games and getting bounced early in the playoffs and if talk about how wilsons stats are without a run game or O-line only proves my point that he needs help if we are trying to get back to the super bowl.

now if winning 9-10 games is fine with you then I respect that and we have nothing else to talk about. but to pretend that wilson is all we need to get back to the superbowl because he is a messiah can look at the win/loss stat line I posted above

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it would have, For once the Hawks have a QB that people have said a few time "Could be the Best in the NFL" We have had a few called top 10 and 2 called top 5 but never one of the best. I am Happy Wilson got his deal i just hate these 4 year contracts though. Also now the Hawks are strapped and will need to get real creative as far as more contracts go. I have no doubts they can be.

Thankfully they didn't fall for that 18 percent salary cap roll over every year BS.. THAT would a REALLY hurt! At least the cap raising up a bit will help now ... I can't even believe Russ and his agent thought for one second that was reasonable... I"m a little miffed at Russ right now, love the guy but he's not thinking Super Bowl run strapping the team like that....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys are trying add arguments and bringing up things that have nothing to do with what I am saying.
Ok, we can stick to only things you have said, because I guess this whole conversation has to be about ONLY you for some reason...
honestly I don't think russ has what it takes I think if Russ has to carry the team we will just be a 9-10 win team maybe win 1 playoff game and get bounced early
Pretty clear you think he sucks. No room for error.
How about in that Dallas playoff game someone say hey Wilson you bum throw for more than 233 yards and 1 TD. When you demand all this money you need to show up
Yep, every loss is on him and him alone. Got it. If he doesn't take them to 16-0 he's a fucking bum right?
I dont think Russell is that great watching him try and carry the team and the offense since marshawn retired its been a mess. and yes the problem in the dallas game was the offense not getting going and that has to be on the shoulders of russell. When the seahawks lose I would like to hear him take responsibility I do think in that dallas game going an entire first half without scoring a touchdown is garbage.
lol at him not taking responsibility. He's like a broken record saying he needs to do better after losses. So not only did you (once again) say he sucks and losses are his fault, but you have no clue about how he handles press conferences after games.

When I think of Wilson in the playoffs I cant think of a single game where wilson was great and won the seahawks the game.
Because all losses are on him, and all wins are on the defense. You've been clear and consistent with that.
Well if you think about it if russell was that great coaches would design the offense for him to throw the ball every down but since we know that doesnt work they focus on running the ball because wilson isnt that great of QB
The most ignorant drivel I've seen on this board since the season ended. Congrats.
The lost that game against the falcons and panthers in which you proved my point more than yours if you have to rely on wilson to throw the ball and play catch up we lose the game.
^^^ says this about the guy with the most 4th quarter wins in the league since he joined it. Entirely clueless.
Here's a clue: You have to GET to the SB before you can win it. You can stay hung up on how lopsided that game is all you like, but they had HFA and got there to begin with. They had quite a few games along the way that without his cool play late in games salvaging wins they had no shot at HFA and likely no SB. It's a team game. You might want to look into that.

Yeah, he can't win games without other players around him doing their jobs... said every head coach in the league about every QB they have coached. :L

Is that better now? You happy we are focusing on JUST you?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh.

Just this last year, season hanging in the balance, 4th and 3 on the Carolina 35. Lose that game, and you're pretty much out of the playoffs. You're trailing by seven on the road.

That's just a stone-cold play. Saved the season, ice in the veins. How many QB's have the cajones to throw that ball in that situation, instead of checking down to the back, or hitting the crossing route.

There's so many examples like this in his career. You just remember ALL the bad shit, and choose not to remember the plays like that one above.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, we can stick to only things you have said, because I guess this whole conversation has to be about ONLY you for some reason...

Pretty clear you think he sucks. No room for error.

Yep, every loss is on him and him alone. Got it. If he doesn't take them to 16-0 he's a fucking bum right?

lol at him not taking responsibility. He's like a broken record saying he needs to do better after losses. So not only did you (once again) say he sucks and losses are his fault, but you have no clue about how he handles press conferences after games.

Because all losses are on him, and all wins are on the defense. You've been clear and consistent with that.

The most ignorant drivel I've seen on this board since the season ended. Congrats.

^^^ says this about the guy with the most 4th quarter wins in the league since he joined it. Entirely clueless.

Here's a clue: You have to GET to the SB before you can win it. You can stay hung up on how lopsided that game is all you like, but they had HFA and got there to begin with. They had quite a few games along the way that without his cool play late in games salvaging wins they had no shot at HFA and likely no SB. It's a team game. You might want to look into that.

Yeah, he can't win games without other players around him doing their jobs... said every head coach in the league about every QB they have coached. :L

Is that better now? You happy we are focusing on JUST you?

Yeah this conversation is about me because you came at me telling me im wrong so what you are not going to do is bring up irrelevant things from what I am saying to help plead your case. I didnt say he was a bum and I didnt say he has to be perfect right there im catching you lying all over again but I will help you out ive said this twice already but for you ill say it a third time its not a problem.

fOr ThE aMoUnT oF MoNeY hE iS gEtTiNg PaId hE nEeDs To bE BeTteR tHaN 9-10 wIn SeAsOnS.

That super bowl run it was Lynch and the hawks defense that beat the saints and held them to 15 points, it was Lynch and the hawks defense that beat the 49ers holding them to 17 points and lynch ran for over 100 yards each of those games wilson didnt even average 200 yards passing any of those games including the super bowl win over the broncos.

If you are going to demand so much money you need to carry the workload of the team and win games because there might not be enough to sign Frank Clark or resign Bobby Wagner next season so one of these 2 might have to go. Wilson will need to make up for having an average defense and win the big games in the playoffs, because I am not giving him that super bowl win like HE won it HE just happened to be the QB along the entire way that defense won him that ring

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are a great player if you show up only in the 2nd half and still lose the game wow you are such a winner. stop messing around and find me a playoff game that the seattle seahawks have actually won and when you find that 1 or 2 ill hit you with the list of games we lost where he put up average numbers.

take your time

So find a playoff game where the Seahawks actually won in which Russell Wilson was the only reason why the team won the game?

So games where the defense failed to hold a lead don't count. Games where he put up big numbers but the defense played poorly don't count.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are more important numbers I really do not understand why you posted the seahawks QB stat history when I am not arguing that but this is the win/record with marshawn lynch and post marshawn lynch with wilson being the focal point of the offense

Year Record Finish (Regular / Post Season)
With Russell Wilson leading the offense
2018 10-6-0 2nd -- NFC West 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs
2017 9-7-0 2nd -- NFC West -- MISSED PLAYOFFS
2016 10-5-1 1st -- NFC West 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs
2015 10-6-0 2nd -- NFC West 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs

With Marshawn Lynch leading the offense
2014 12-4-0 1st -- NFC West 2-1 - Lost Superbowl
2013 13-3-0 1st -- NFC West 2-0 - Advanced to Superbowl
2012 11-5-0 2nd -- NFC West 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs

He can have all the stats but its proven that when wilson is leading the hawks and taking up a ton of cap we are a above average team

So, IOW, Russell Wilson has never had a losing season in his professional career? With or without Marshawn Lynch, or Richard Sherman, or Kam Chancellor, or Earl Thomas, the Seahawks always have a winning record?

Just curious but what QB are you comparing him to?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this conversation is about me because you came at me telling me im wrong so what you are not going to do is bring up irrelevant things from what I am saying to help plead your case. I didnt say he was a bum and I didnt say he has to be perfect right there im catching you lying all over again but I will help you out ive said this twice already but for you ill say it a third time its not a problem.

It's about you because you think you are doing some some sort of public service but telling all the other Seahawk fans that Russell Wilson isn't actually that good.

You are applying a random standard to Russell Wilson so you can push that narrative. You arbitrarily choose to give credit to Marshawn Lynch or the defense for the wins and blame the losses on Wilson. That's not objective analysis. That's trolling.

fOr ThE aMoUnT oF MoNeY hE iS gEtTiNg PaId hE nEeDs To bE BeTteR tHaN 9-10 wIn SeAsOnS.

How many wins should he personally be responsible for? What QB are you comparing him to?

That super bowl run it was Lynch and the hawks defense that beat the saints and held them to 15 points, it was Lynch and the hawks defense that beat the 49ers holding them to 17 points and lynch ran for over 100 yards each of those games wilson didnt even average 200 yards passing any of those games including the super bowl win over the broncos.

I can't believe that Russell Wilson didn't throw for 500 yards against that Niners defense.

I love how you focus on the one stat that most Wilson trolls focus on, total yards. You completely ignore Pete Carroll's game philosophy. You ignore that Wilson has the 2nd highest yards/attempt of any QB with 10 playoff games under his belt. You ignore that Carroll wants efficiency and not aggregate stats from Wilson.

If you are going to demand so much money you need to carry the workload of the team and win games because there might not be enough to sign Frank Clark or resign Bobby Wagner next season so one of these 2 might have to go. Wilson will need to make up for having an average defense and win the big games in the playoffs, because I am not giving him that super bowl win like HE won it HE just happened to be the QB along the entire way that defense won him that ring

Then you need to write a letter to Pete Carroll and tell him that. If you think that the reason why the Seahawks run the ball so much is because Russell Wilson wants them to then you are delusional.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, more hyperbole and drivel.

Lie? I gave you clearly your own words. Unedited and unfiltered.

The best part? You claim I lied and then doubled down saying the same stupid crap I pointed out in the first place. :pound:

I don't need to take it on point by point because flyer did a good job as it is. I'll only add that I want to see that list of wins per highest paid QBs from that list I already gave. How many did Cutler win after his pay day? Etc.

You fail to comprehend even the basics of football and football economics.

Every loss is because Wilson isn't good enough and every win is the running game and defense, yet you claim others are delusional. So classic.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilsons stats are great yes, does he deserve to be paid yes, did he win a superbowl as the starting QB of the team yes.

Would the Seahawks have been on this stretch since 2012 without him? No.

but the facts are when wilson is supposed to be the biggest threat on the offense expect to win 9-10 games and getting bounced early in the playoffs and if talk about how wilsons stats are without a run game or O-line only proves my point that he needs help if we are trying to get back to the super bowl.

Agreed - Wilson can't play all 11 position at a Pro Bowl level simultaneously.

now if winning 9-10 games is fine with you then I respect that and we have nothing else to talk about. but to pretend that wilson is all we need to get back to the superbowl because he is a messiah can look at the win/loss stat line I posted above

Well, there's so much hyperbole there that it's not even worth taking seriously.

Well, now looks who's got a messianic self-image.

Wilson will be the 5th or 6th highest paid QB in the NFL in 2019. Without further contract details - it looks like he'll be somewhere around there again in 2020. By the time his contract starts to look really expensive - the new CBA will be in place, and then there's just no telling how this contract will look at that time, so really there's no reason to even think about how his contract will be for the final 3 years - and as such no way of knowing how it will affect the team's ability to sign other players.

I like how you averaged all those numbers so that the one really bad game can pull the 2 decent ones down. Yes, Russell Wilson went 34-50 421 3-0 in the two biggest games of the year.

In 2014, there was 1 QB making $20 million. In 2019, that number will be 15 (nearly half of all starting QBs). In 2020, there will be 7 making $30 million, with Russell's projected $31 million be the lowest of the group. By 2021, that number could be as high as 16. Russell's contract is what a QB gets paid now, not some outlier that has doomed a franchise.

What QB that Seattle could have actually had could've led the Seahawks to 29 wins over the last 3 years while being paid less than what Wilson is paid? What QB is available right now that could take this team to 10 wins moving forward for less than what Wilson is being paid? I say, none.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a village is missing someone..... special..........

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So find a playoff game where the Seahawks actually won in which Russell Wilson was the only reason why the team won the game?

So games where the defense failed to hold a lead don't count. Games where he put up big numbers but the defense played poorly don't count.

The road game against the Falcons in the post season comes to mind... Russ wills the team and carries them on his back to take the lead w/ 31 seconds left... Defense loses the game in 31 seconds...