• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will there ever be a player better than MJ?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This furthermore concludes you are just a troll that just says jibberish. The Warriors core Curry, Thompson and Green were all draft picks. At least use a good example before making your troll threads.

:wave:

LeBron sucks. Mayfield sucks. Lindor sucks. Ohio State sucks. Did I do that right?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Jordan was the best I have ever seen and I don't watch the NBA anymore, so to me, he'll stay the best.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is the closest and you could say he is the most versatile player in history and still was and is an unstoppable force on offense/both sides of the ball. With longevity being factored in Lebron could pass MJ vying he does a couple other things too while playing 4-5 more years.

It's hard to say if anyone will get close to MJ or Lebron. If Lebron breaks the scoring record that might be an unbeatable record.

Someday there will be a player to come along who will surpass both. If the NBA still exists in 2120, my bet is that MJ won’t still be universally considered the GOAT since no living person will have seen him play.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis is winning the next 10 championships and MVPs and will make everyone forget Jordan.
did I get it right @buckalis ?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someday there will be a player to come along who will surpass both. If the NBA still exists in 2120, my bet is that MJ won’t still be universally considered the GOAT since no living person will have seen him play.

If there is a 2120.

I'm sure by that time the rules will be even more different. There will be guys like Giannis that are 8 feet tall and lanky that take two steps from halfcourt lol

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. Athletes are always getting better. MJ’s GOAT status is invincible no matter what anyone does though, whether it’s accurate or not. Especially after the recent documentary. That’s just the reality of it.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just facts, no bias. Jordan beats Lebron in everything but longevity.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just facts, no bias. Jordan beats Lebron in everything but longevity.

I have not watched this yet, probably will later. But that just even close to being true. There are a lot of things on the basketball court that LeBron clearly does better than Jordan.

Passing, rebounding, more efficient from the field, etc.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there will ever be an athlete that will have the resume to better MJ which would basically have to win 7 titles and be the best player on the team each time is freaking incredible. Personally I think that MJ did have certain benefits that the next player would not have today in which I think MJ had easier opponents to face in the finals or even leading up to the finals. I mean good god Lebron had to face a warriors team that broke the single season record for wins then faced that same team again with an added hall of famer in KD, faced a legendary spurs team with a hall of famer in Time Duncan and Pop, faced a mavericks team with the best European basketball player of all time in Dirk.

The lakers team the bulls beat to win their first title I felt Magic Johnson was a little past his prime, the 2nd title against the suns with Charles Barkley they were pretty good but the Bulls had a way better roster, Clyde Drexler was a great player but his Blazers team had an overall less roster than the Bulls, same with the Sonics with Gary Payton, the two finals wins over the Jazz was great ill give him that.

I also feel that in todays era compared to back then is that today players are more willing to leave their team and go to free agency and pair up with other all stars so they wouldn't let one team win back to back as opposed to back then where I felt player would stay with their teams until the end. Could you imagine Barkley pairing up with Gary Payton with the Sonics or Patrick Ewing with the Knicks to try and take on the Bulls?

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched this yet, probably will later. But that just even close to being true. There are a lot of things on the basketball court that LeBron clearly does better than Jordan.

Passing, rebounding, more efficient from the field, etc.

Watch the video, it addresses all of those points.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ perfected the art of walking with the ball.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ perfected the art of walking with the ball.
Backing his ass into the opponent's dick and getting a gift foul call from the refs who gave him extreme preferential treatment his entire career.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan didn't win shit before Paxson and Kerr.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where Jordan will continue to have an edge over future generations is his competitive ruthlessness.

Most professional athletes today have their competitiveness set between 6 & 9. Jordan's competitiveness was cranked all the way to 10 and the dial was ripped off. Not only was Jordan's competitiveness off the charts, but he was wanted to - not just beat but - destroy & humiliate anyone who challenged him.

We simply do not see that extreme level of ruthless competitiveness in today's sports landscape and leagues are now structured to prevent that extreme.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No it doesn’t.

This is a very subjective conversation and any attempt to say there is a clear cut right answer is just wrong. They played in different eras. Without watching them go head to head you can’t say definitively which is better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, 2 of the 5 categories the video maker used are not clear cut at all.

Stats are very close. You could make a case for either depending on what metrics you value more. And the eye test is extremely subjective at best.

I think Jordan is GOAT, but LeBron beats him on the eye test.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. Athletes are always getting better. MJ’s GOAT status is invincible no matter what anyone does though, whether it’s accurate or not. Especially after the recent documentary. That’s just the reality of it.
Records are made to be broken. Everyone thought Jack Nicklaus record in the major tournaments would never be challenged then along came Tiger Woods.