• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Will the NFL teams boycott the game openers or first few games?

Will the NFL teams post-phone or boycott their game openers and beyond?

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The season won't even start

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am seeing all the flack that NHL is taking this morning for not boycotting their playoff games, and being called a "white privilege league."

I'm pondering whether the NFL teams will also boycott the game openers and possibly even more games, since we are only a short time away from the start of the season.

What do you all think?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if that happens, i'm going to start my own riots

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am seeing all the flack that NHL is taking this morning for not boycotting their playoff games, and being called a "white privilege league."

I'm pondering whether the NFL teams will also boycott the game openers and possibly even more games, since we are only a short time away from the start of the season.

What do you all think?
Ridiculous. Fans don't want to hear about politics from multi-millionaires paid to play a sport. Do that crap on your own time, they mostly think.

Hearing NBA players delaying or boycotting games out of protest is hypocritical as hell too. So some low-grade career criminals get killed for fighting with cops. That's racist, police brutality? Meanwhile, the league makes billions from the Chinese, who run actual political prisons and have engaged in ethnic cleansing for decades. Fuck you, LeBron.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm caring less and less with each and everyday that goes by
I've taken up a hobby went out and bought a nice camera and have been taking pictures. I find it to be better than sitting on the couch for three hours stuffing my face and screaming at the refs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...NBA is back on now. Their one day boycott did nothing...hopefully the NFL and their players are smarter than this.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NHL seems to want to play.

The NBA seems to not want to play.

I have a feeling that the quality of play will suffer for the NFL, from reduced practice and endless restrictions.

Political posturing has already hurt the NBA, an my guess is it will hurt the NFL, too. Racial crap doesn't bother the NHL. It looks like MLB is more or less normal, but without fans.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It all boils down to money.

I'm sure someone with sense told them the ratings are down 40%, average people don't care about what they think, average people think a bunch of multi-millionaires whining about how scared they are is ridiculous, and if they want to keep landing huge contracts they better get back out and play or their won't be any money to give them.

The problem is that the sports media and social media who proclaim how stunning and brave they are isn't what most regular people feel and it tricks these athletes into thinking they have more sway with the public than they actually do.

The pandemic taught people how to live without sports not caused them to be jonesing for more sports so when people find out there are no games they just fire up the Playstation and play Call of Duty instead.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers are on the verge of getting embarrassed so maybe they still want to pull out, fine Dallas wins call that series over and move on.
Same with the Lakers. I can't believe the players are crying about living in a bubble. They have golf movies top shelf chefs and as long as their family gets tested they can visit them.
I guess that old adage still works. Millionaires are never satisfied and are very selfish individuals. Slash the player compensation and attract players that want to play.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you all think?
I think politics should have no place in professional sports. Fans watch the games for entertainment and not to have a political message shoved in their faces.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you all think?
LOL @ white privilege league. Fucking liberals have somehow managed to completely fuck up everything they touch. Boycotting because a criminal got shot? Criminals get shot every day. If you're only concerned about skin color then you're a fucking racist yourself.

Since you play a sport for money, you're not any better than a circus clown. You're paid to entertain people who put their 5 dollars down. That's it, so dance muthafucker and keep yer yap shut.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm caring less and less with each and everyday that goes by
I've taken up a hobby went out and bought a nice camera and have been taking pictures. I find it to be better than sitting on the couch for three hours stuffing my face and screaming at the refs
Photography is a great hobby!

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully the players will just decide to do something to make a statement before the game but then still play. i'll just wait to turn on the game right at kickoff since i'm only watching for the game.