• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Tebow even be 2nd string?

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he gets it just to keep the fans happy. Orton and Quinn must be perfect to avoid riots in the streets.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've always thought Tebow was going to be a bust. I didn't like the pick then, I don't like it now.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of this will have to do with how he's used. I assume that we all caught 'the play' from last night. He may not have the natural gifts, but I do believe that there could be an offense designed around his that can succeed.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Regardless of where he winds up I still think he gets a statue for being part of the reason McDaniels got fired.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame that Tebow has received so much attention. Kyle Orton is a much better QB than Tebow will probably ever be. He makes some plays from time to time, but he's not going to be ready this year. His progression is slow, his accuracy varies, and his decision making is either brilliant or chaotic. The only reason for the Broncos to start Tebow would be because they have no season and they just want to please the fans.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame that Tebow has received so much attention. Kyle Orton is a much better QB than Tebow will probably ever be. He makes some plays from time to time, but he's not going to be ready this year. His progression is slow, his accuracy varies, and his decision making is either brilliant or chaotic. The only reason for the Broncos to start Tebow would be because they have no season and they just want to please the fans.

I think we can accurately tell where this team is by week 4. If it's noticeable that change is needed, I'd say throw Tebow into the fire. If he performs, great. If not, see what Quinn has so they know what to do in the offseason.

Either way, I'm surprised that there haven't been many rumors about Quinn being traded. He's look pretty good from what I've seen.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Plus One! Good post, one!

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to PFT, rumors are circulating that Tebow could be released.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of this will have to do with how he's used. I assume that we all caught 'the play' from last night. He may not have the natural gifts, but I do believe that there could be an offense designed around his that can succeed.

Sure there is - the one-read wide spread, which is ineffective in the NFL.

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Orton is magnificent between the 20s.

Get into the redzone, and he disappears.

This is why he will never be a great QB, and the Broncos will never win anything with him at the helm.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why he will never be a great QB, and the Broncos will never win anything with him at the helm.

I'm not really a true believer in Orton either, which is actually why I think he should be traded and either Quinn or Tebow should be thrown in. Quinn's probably the better option for now, but I believe that both backups have more potential upside. We know how good Orton is, he isn't developing anymore. He won't win the Super Bowl for them. Why wait? :frusty:

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even more reason to LOL @ Tebow for not being to beat out the likes of Orton for the starting job.
Not to mention getting out-played by Quinn to. :laugh::rofl:

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even more reason to LOL @ Tebow for not being to beat out the likes of Orton for the starting job.
Not to mention getting out-played by Quinn to. :laugh::rofl:

It doesn't surprise me. Orton probably plays very well in practice.

But I'm sure Fox will realize in due time that he just doesn't win games for teams. I'm glad Tebow isn't starting, he really isn't ready. He could use 2-3 years to really sit back and learn. It did a guy like Aaron Rodgers great things.

Younger players just get too fixated about getting in as soon as possible. He's the only QB signed for next year. If they decide to go a different direction, someone else will give him a chance. He's free publicity and one of the most popular players in the league regardless of what string he's on. He certainly hasn't "failed" yet, regardless of what you all think about him, and his career is far from over.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't surprise me. Orton probably plays very well in practice.

But I'm sure Fox will realize in due time that he just doesn't win games for teams. I'm glad Tebow isn't starting, he really isn't ready. He could use 2-3 years to really sit back and learn. It did a guy like Aaron Rodgers great things.

Younger players just get too fixated about getting in as soon as possible. He's the only QB signed for next year. If they decide to go a different direction, someone else will give him a chance. He's free publicity and one of the most popular players in the league regardless of what string he's on. He certainly hasn't "failed" yet, regardless of what you all think about him, and his career is far from over.

He actually played much better than I expected last season. I think we can all agree that he's not ready for a win-now team, so this may be a blessing in disguise for the Bronco fans.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard that Tebow is #2, for now anyway. can't find the link, but I saw it earlier today.

It wouldn't surprise me. Quinn is better now, but they did invest a lot in Tebow so I can see them given him a mulligan.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some broncos guy called teblow the 4th best QB on their team LOL