• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Pederson right the ship again?

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems every year ( other than the super bowl year ) we start off like shit. Struggle through Sept and Oct. and then all of a sudden they look like a different team in Nov. and Dec.

Why? Does it just take Doug that long to figure things out?
Is it just luck that we are in the NFC East and we sneak in with a 9-7 record?

Will they do it again or has Doug's luck finally run out?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dallas is significantly better and is going to run away with the division over the next few weeks. the eagles will be lucky to get 5 wins this season.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems every year ( other than the super bowl year ) we start off like shit. Struggle through Sept and Oct. and then all of a sudden they look like a different team in Nov. and Dec.

Why? Does it just take Doug that long to figure things out?
Is it just luck that we are in the NFC East and we sneak in with a 9-7 record?

Will they do it again or has Doug's luck finally run out?
I don't know if it's entirely his fault. It takes these players a LONG time to decide to play with enough emotion to consistently win. MAYBE this year, the lack of crowd noise is hurting them.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dallas is significantly better and is going to run away with the division over the next few weeks. the eagles will be lucky to get 5 wins this season.
Agreed

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The side bar question is - do we want Pederson to figure it out?
Or do we want the Eagles to completely shit the bed enough so to prompt Lurie to force Perderosn to bring in another defensive and offensive co-ordinator?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah Parsons!

one can dream. the 2 names that immediately come to mind are him and lawrence. since we refuse to draft a real linebacker and we wouldn't have the balls to take a QB everyone is drooling over.. i'm already dreading the draft. i can already see it being an offensive lineman. and if we bomb so bad the pick is at the top, they'd trade down.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they crap the bed, and get one of the top 3 picks, I would definitely consider moving it to a team that needs a QB and is desperate. Getting multiple picks would be great to rebuild. I would stay within range to get Parsons but also get some draft capital this year and next.
I can't believe we are only 3 games in and I am thinking they are going to be really really bad.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I think Lawrence is going to be a bust /shrug

I saw this on Bleeding Green Nation...no matter what position looking at the following history dreading the draft is a real possibility

Everyone that has been drafted by the Eagles in the last five years that isn’t Josh Sweat

• Carson Wentz: another rough performance. Best throw of his season to Zach Ertz put the Eagles in field goal range for the first time, and I liked what I saw from his scrambling. But his interceptions were terrible decisions, he was regularly inaccurate, and he still has little playmaking ability both in terms of deep passing and in scramble drill opportunities. He doesn’t trust his receivers and probably hates the offense.
  • Isaac Seumalo: out, injured
  • Wendell Smallwood: Steelers practice squad
  • Halapoulivaati Vaitai: playing guard for the Lions, poorly
  • Blake Countess: I don’t even know, not willing to Google
  • Jalen Mills: Had some sacks! But there’s an old adage that you blitz the players you think are bad in coverage, and Mills made no impact cover plays against a team that was ripping them up with slot WR Tyler Boyd.
  • Alex McCalister: out of the league
  • Joe Walker: got promoted to the active roster today in San Francisco, so that’s nice!

• Derek Barnett: Two sacks is a good stat sheet but, as everyone knows, he beat a tight end on the first one — the DB special. He continues to be a solid player drafted at an elite player’s price
  • Sidney Jones: Did someone pick him up? Someone had to have, right?
  • Rasul Douglas: Taking snaps for Carolina, big ups Sul, hope he prospers elsewhere
  • Mack Hollins: Special-teamer for Miami
  • Donnel Pumphrey: I don’t wanna talk about that
  • Nate Gerry: Bumfuzzled on yet another red zone touchdown pass. How do the Eagles possibly justify keeping him on the field?
  • Elijah Qualls: I think he had a sack for the DC Defenders once

• Andre Dillard: Got hurt, but that might make our perception better of him than if he were playing!
  • Miles Sanders: Okay he played fine, sorry, I’m doing a bit here.
  • J.J. Arcega-Whitside: LMAOOOOOOOO
  • Shareef Miller: Oh my goodness I forgot about this pick
  • Clayton Thorson: QB Factory pt. 1

• Jalen Reagor: Got hurt, still figuring out his role
  • Jalen Hurts: Imagine if the Bengals had recovered that fumble. What the people would have done.
  • Davion Taylor: At some point you have to play him just to help him develop, right?
  • K’Von Wallace: At some point you have to play him just to help him develop, right?
  • Jack Driscoll: From Week 1 starter to probably behind Mailata on the depth chart. Suboptimal!
  • John Hightower: He’s also been fine for a fifth-rounder, again, I’m just trying to do a bit here
  • Shaun Bradley: At some point you have to play him just to help him develop, right?
  • Quez Watkins: At some point you have to play—oh wait, he’s on IR, sorry.
  • Prince Tega Wanogho: Practice squad, probably gonna get elevated if he’s healthy enough?
  • Casey Toohill: At some point you have to play him just to help him develop, right?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah Parsons!
I would be all in for Parsons. At some point, the LB position needs and should be addressed. And by somebody who is actually good. Parsons imo is a generational LB.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this unfortunately. I think this Eagles team needs a rebuild on both sides. We are going to lose to the beat up 49ers team next week. That will put us at 0-2-1. The Pokes with a great offense can play behind on anybody and still capable of winning. We on the other hand have no chance from playing from behind. Plenty of blame to go around on both sides. Just my opinion here, but this may be the year to tank it and make traded to unload higher salary players. I hate losing like anyone else, but the age and injuries are showing and have been for the last 2-3 years.

EAGLES!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson is now toast.

Not sure how I feel about any part of this team. Not unhappy about the move but damn....does this team have any clue