• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Patriots Cut Alfonzo Dennard Before Sundown?

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Suspicion" of DUI.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU LOOK SCARY AS EVER

The title of the post is self explanatory. BTW, my wife and I were traveling out of the country so I took the opportunity to take some time off the espn boards. I come back and find out you guys have been so out of control without me to keep you in check they are shutting the boards down?! Besides that, do you know why? Is this were we are going now?

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title of the post is self explanatory. BTW, my wife and I were traveling out of the country so I took the opportunity to take some time off the espn boards. I come back and find out you guys have been so out of control without me to keep you in check they are shutting the boards down?! Besides that, do you know why? Is this were we are going now?

I think they are shutting down the boards because they are sick of the trolling. They don't want to moderate the boards anymore and if they stick to just game conversations and article comments they can control the conversations.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with NYFan

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, I am only a "junior member" so my opinion only counts for so much

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm watching NFL network and they had an attorney on. He was talking about Dennard and they said that Dennard refused to blow for the breath test. Basically he says that the punishments could be higher for that and its basically a admission to guilt when you refuse to blow. (I know in NJ its on your license that you are required to and its a admission to guilt if you say no).

He said that this violates probation and that the Judge has a lot of discretion and could throw all the jail time he would have originally had for that charge. I don't remember what it was, but I think it was a few years?

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm watching NFL network and they had an attorney on. He was talking about Dennard and they said that Dennard refused to blow for the breath test. Basically he says that the punishments could be higher for that and its basically a admission to guilt when you refuse to blow. (I know in NJ its on your license that you are required to and its a admission to guilt if you say no).

He said that this violates probation and that the Judge has a lot of discretion and could throw all the jail time he would have originally had for that charge. I don't remember what it was, but I think it was a few years?
From a Boston paper:
In a brief statement he made to the court prior to the April 11 sentencing in Lincoln, Dennard said, according to published reports, that he’d “never do anything wrong” if he received probation in the assault case. Instead, Lancaster County Court Judge Stephanie Stacy sentenced Dennard to 30 days in jail, plus two years probation and 100 hours of law enforcement-related community service.

According to Cotter, there were 15 conditions listed under Dennard’s probation. Consuming alcohol was not one of them.

“The No. 1 condition in pretty much every single probation order says, ‘Do not violate the law,’ ” Cotter said. “The first condition in his order of probation is, ‘Shall not violate any laws, and shall refrain from disorderly conduct or acts injurious to others.’ ”

Stacy set March 1, 2014, as the date Dennard is to begin his 30-day sentence, three days of which have already been served. She selected a very football-friendly time frame for
I think the worst consequence is the judge makes him do the 30 days during the season.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right there it says "do not violate the law". DUI's are violating the law.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it appears there is a little more to the story. According to the report, the police report only indicates that he took a field sobriety test, not that he failed it. The fact that it does not says he failed is going to be pretty easy for an attorney to make it stick that he did pass it.

The official report states that Dennard did not provide "an adequate sample" for the breath test, not that he failed it; in fact, that language suggest that he did pass it and the cop just didn't like the way he took the test.

The bottom line is that its going to be very hard to impossible for them to make a case against him for a DUI given the evidence and lack of evidence which is why the pats probably haven't dropped him at this point. Doesn't mean he is out of the woods. The judge in the assault case may decide, even if they can't make a DUI charge stick, that his behavior somehow violated probation. It also indicates that the kid may not be able to keep his act together. The nfl also doesn't need a conviction to decide a players behavior warrants:lol: certain penalties (like big benP

Its troubling behaviour but, sorry for all the people that really wanted the DUI incident itself to turn into a big problem for him and the pats, the facts indicate that is very unlikely to happen

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet somebody mentioned to Dennard already that it would be a good idea to stay out of town, maybe even the state. What would you miss about Nebraska?