• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Carroll be gone before the season ends?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a hell of a ride with Pete coaching these guys, sure. We did get the title because of him, but with the rest of the coaches shuffled in the offseason, he's pretty much the only one remaining to be put on the hot seat if the team can't get moving soon.

How soon can we expect to see him gone?

Coach Carroll fucked up 2 playoff wins that the Seahawks could have had, the most important one being the last SB play in the loss to the Patriots.

The other was during Wilson's rookie year during the game in ATL, when Carroll called a time out to freeze the ATL kicker, who missed the FG. On the second try, the ATL kicker made the kick and the Seahawks lost.

Time to get some newer fresher coaching ideas for the Seahawks, staring with an O-line, a running game and a defense...

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a hell of a ride with Pete coaching these guys, sure. We did get the title because of him, but with the rest of the coaches shuffled in the offseason, he's pretty much the only one remaining to be put on the hot seat if the team can't get moving soon.

I say Carroll retires after this season to spend more time with his family.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then again we gave out dumb contracts to Tyler Lockett (yes I know he had a TD after he decided to show up in the 4th quarter when the Bears didn't care) so my faith in this FO at this point is pretty absent.

I still believe in the FO & Pete but they need to start hitting solid on some drafts or they could be in trouble... The last 4 drafts haven't been that great...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete has a super long leash. It would take 2 years at 4 wins or less AFTER this season to get him fired. But lets think about that for a second. Ok so if i remember correctly Carroll's contract ENDS after the 2019 season. So they would have to extend Pete then fire him a year later. If Pete really sucks this year and is even worse next year they might move on.

I would hate to see him go because this guy can build a beastly defense, thing is when your defense is not so beastly can he build a offense? Nothing he has done has shown he can. Can't really blame Pete on that as he is hands off on Offense. What they need to do is go out and get a STUD OC not some cast offs like they have been doing. Thats hard to do because if they are a stud they will get head coaching job offers or would not want to leave a offense they turned into a powerhouse because that is their ticket to GET a HC job.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other was during Wilson's rookie year during the game in ATL, when Carroll called a time out to freeze the ATL kicker, who missed the FG. On the second try, the ATL kicker made the kick and the Seahawks lost.
Cmon, that's ridiculous. He did what every coach does in that situation. Was he supposed to know Bryant was going to miss the first one? Mike McCarthy did this exact same thing on Sunday vs GB at the end of regulation; Crosby made the one that didn't count due to the TO call, then missed the 2nd one. So that was a "good call" because the result was positive, I guess? This is a perfect example of why complaining about playcalling is a mindless, reactionary drill.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon, that's ridiculous. He did what every coach does in that situation. Was he supposed to know Bryant was going to miss the first one? Mike McCarthy did this exact same thing on Sunday vs GB at the end of regulation; Crosby made the one that didn't count due to the TO call, then missed the 2nd one. So that was a "good call" because the result was positive, I guess? This is a perfect example of why complaining about playcalling is a mindless, reactionary drill.

You're entitled to your worthless opinion.

Play calling goes to the essence of the game.
How about that last play in the SB?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until we have back to back 2 win seasons I will never fire pete or JC I think they should get more respect than this. Before they came this was a joke franchise now since they came we have had some of the best players in franchise history. The super bowl loss was a crash in the wall but they will need time to rebuild and pick up the pieces. I would literally give them until the end of russell wilsons career in seattle. Its not like Pete is young anyway I cant image him coaching forever I would imagine Seattle his is last stop I cant imagine him going back to college at almost 70 trying to turn around a program.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teams win, teams lose. You are holding onto a grudge way too long and sounding as butt-hurt as Sherman was before leaving.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Carroll fucked up 2 playoff wins that the Seahawks could have had, the most important one being the last SB play in the loss to the Patriots.

Time to get some newer fresher coaching ideas for the Seahawks, staring with an O-line, a running game and a defense...

I usually agree with your points, but seriously, wtf?

How the hell is freezing the kicker anything other than a second guessing/ hindsight 20-20 proposition?

The way Carroll REALLY screwed up in that Superbowl, was in wasting a timeout earlier, so that they pretty much HAD to throw on that second down play.

AGAIN, if Lockette doesn't lean and tip Butler, it's an easy pitch and catch TD for the winning points.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 67.....this continues and he may just opt for retirement over being fired in a year or so if his seat gets burning hot.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, thanks! You're a swell guy.

And here's how it always goes: good result = good "playcall", bad result = "bad playcall". There's nothing more mindless than that.

It was a bad result. See above. It's been agonized over and argued enough about already.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you are asking if he will retire after a frustrating season then no one knows, but of course that is possible.

If you are asking if he gets fired after having a down season...
:wtf:

Um, no. Just no.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are asking if he will retire after a frustrating season then no one knows, but of course that is possible.

If you are asking if he gets fired after having a down season...
:wtf:

Um, no. Just no.

The team is finishing the best run of their history and they start off with a couple of bad games and people want to get rid of everyone. It's pretty hilarious.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is finishing the best run of their history and they start off with a couple of bad games and people want to get rid of everyone. It's pretty hilarious.
And after most of the same (if not all) people expected a bumpy beginning, and that was before we knew about injuries to Baldwin, Wagner, and Wright. And now that's happening along the lines of how we expected (and had chances to win both games), it's panic time and we're on the verge of disaster.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And after most of the same (if not all) people expected a bumpy beginning, and that was before we knew about injuries to Baldwin, Wagner, and Wright. And now that's happening along the lines of how we expected (and had chances to win both games), it's panic time and we're on the verge of disaster.

Oddly the "Fire Bevell" crowd has been oddly quiet.

Brock was about as livid as Brock gets on Monday morning. He is like us and not someone who questions play calls a whole lot. But he was absolutely baffled the play calling on Monday night.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most successful HC and by far the most talented QB this franchise has ever had.

And people want heads.

I mean obviously they can both be replaced with better right? I mean they've had that type of success in finding new talent before haven't they? :L

It's pure insanity.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly the "Fire Bevell" crowd has been oddly quiet.

Brock was about as livid as Brock gets on Monday morning. He is like us and not someone who questions play calls a whole lot. But he was absolutely baffled the play calling on Monday night.
So was Hugh Millen, and while Holmgren won't question play calling, he kind of did so in the questions he had.

It is still way too early to throw Schottenheimer out though. It takes time to rebuild an offensive identity.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someone will suggest we hire Sarkisian when he gets fired.

My head will 'splode.