• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will any sport overtake football in our lifetime?

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im assuming that your talking about as USA most popular sport because World Wide Soccer still is.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in this lifetime or your children's

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is going to take a hit in talent over the next generation but the actual physicality and parity of the game should keep it the #1 American sport.

Baseball has a lot of advantages but people (men) generally don't have the same enthusiasm for the sport. I think Baseball is in prime position to take a strangehold for 2nd.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL football might not be around for our children...

I know I will never let my kids play and the more we are educated about PEDs and brain damage the less parents will let their kids play.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know I will never let my kids play and the more we are educated about PEDs and brain damage the less parents will let their kids play.

We now live in a world where parents don't think twice about feeding their toddlers adderall and all kinds of other drugs for "ADD" (whatever the fuck that it) but won't let their kids play contact sports. Well done mass media, well done.

bconngemini

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is going to take a hit in talent over the next generation but the actual physicality and parity of the game should keep it the #1 American sport.

Baseball has a lot of advantages but people (men) generally don't have the same enthusiasm for the sport. I think Baseball is in prime position to take a strangehold for 2nd.

Also with the number of ads increasing streadily, the younger generation who doesn't even watch network TV anymore but gets their media content online without any commericals may become less tolerant of TV commerical filled sports.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And there is problem #1 for football. Problem 2 is that its a sport that should get completely overtaken by black athletes like basketball except without the foreign players. Baseball also doesn't have to go out of their way to promote in the latino community because they actually have latino players and latino superstars

Last edited by a moderator:

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also with the number of ads increasing streadily, the younger generation who doesn't even watch network TV anymore but gets their media content online without any commericals may become less tolerant of TV commerical filled sports.

That's already a problem with attendance figures for football and basketball games in the NCAA. That generation, from 18-24, now isn't use to sitting still for 3 hours, without being distracted by gadgets.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to think that it's only a matter of time that an NFL player dies on the field, or shortly after, due to the increased size, speed and physicality of the game. Once that happens, people's attitudes about the game will change. As much as I love the kickoff, I can see the sense in taking that out of the game.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But their are fans that fit into the world side in America.

No disrespect but enjoy but this sport will MAYBE be popular then the NBA in 20 years if they keep up the floppers, cry :baby: , not just the Heat but DWight Howard also, and freaks like the Bird Man,

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to think that it's only a matter of time that an NFL player dies on the field, or shortly after, due to the increased size, speed and physicality of the game. Once that happens, people's attitudes about the game will change. As much as I love the kickoff, I can see the sense in taking that out of the game.

Agree.

The defenders are coming at the return guy like a missile and correct that each generations is getting bigger and faster.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Curling will rule the sports world one day.

bconngemini

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
World = Soccer

USA = Football
Given the trend towards globalization in the last 20 years, and the demographic shift towards immigrants who don't abandon their foreign cultural habits, its inevitable that soccer will grow in the US to be the #1 sport by 2050.

E1kooBm.jpg

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If my kids don't play football I won't love them.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the soccer growth in this country is due to what y'all have already pointed out; parents don't won't their kids playing football so they steer them in another direction. I have three brothers and 3 of the four of us played football growing up and loved it. But now that we are all married with kids, I see their stance has changed, mostly due to their wives opinions. Two of my brothers' wives will NOT let their boys play football and have steered them into soccer, swimming, and tennis. :L

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curling will rule the sports world one day.

I would have loved to do this!

If my kids don't play football I won't love them.

LOL, and then there are these parents :D

I love football and what it teaches (discipline, hard work and teamwork) but honestly PEDs are the main issue I have with it. I would understand if my kids had issues with their body after football, but the brain trauma that occurs more and more frequently is my issue.

I am fairly certain that the use of PEDs has led to the increase of brain damage. Players are huge!!! They keep getting bigger and bigger and players at 290 aren't meant to run 4.84 40s (JJ Watt combine stats) and slam into anything let alone another player moving that fast.. There is no amount of protection for that head trauma.

PEDs are selectively tested and the testing is slowly implemented which allows for new PEDs to come forth before it's ever tested for. This shows me the NFL wants players and children to use PEDs. This is not right.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not but the biggest reason behind it is Vegas. More money is wagered on football than all other sports combined. With that much money changing hands football will always be more popular. Now if that trend starts to change then so to will the games popularity.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If kids stop playing and football becomes devoid of talent people will stop watching it and stop betting on it.

The talent will go somewhere, probably the NBA and soccer.

Example Boxing used to be very popular and bet on heavily but now MMA has taken over.