• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilfork & Harrison 2023 HOF Semi-Finalists

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots nominees who failed to make the cut​

RB Terry Allen, OT Bruce Armstrong, WR Troy Brown, LB Tedy Bruschi, FB Larry Centers, TE Ben Coates, RB Corey Dillon, P Jeff Feagles, QB Doug Flutie, WR Irving Fryar, QB Rich Gannon*, LB Larry Izzo, RB Steven Jackson, WR Chad Johnson, OT Matt Light, G Logan Mankins, LB Willie McGinest, DT Dana Stubblefield*, DT Henry Thomas, LB Mike Vrabel, DT Ted Washington, G Brian Waters, WR Wes Welker

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I think both guys have already been nominated three times and not made it in. Would love to see them both in.
It's difficult for anyone other than QBs, WRs, and RBs to get in because there is so many semi-finalists that are in the mix. That and the voters have biases against certain players. Harrison always had to carry the "dirty player" moniker because he was always playing with an edge. Half of the idiots out there will immediately think, "Not him, he was a dirty player."

Trying to get 75% of all of the votes pretty much eliminates a lot of guys immediately. It's only going to get worse as time goes on because of the conbstant media coverage and radio and television talk shows. One thing I've found since moving to Florida is that there are one hundred times more religious radio programs down here than sports programs. There ain't shit on the radio or television for sports about Florida teams. Maybe Boston and New York are overboard but there are three football teams down here in the thick of the Championship race and nobody is even talking about it.

Back to the HOF voting. Because there are no "outstanding" personalities, there may not be any inductees in 2024. Tory Holt?? James Harrison??
Dwight Freeny?? Those guys will take votes away from someone much more deserving. Cut the finalist list to twelve and require a 90% vote for approval. That would keep the inductees to a minimum and only the truly deserving would get in.