• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wild Card Weekend: Rams @ Seahawks Saturday night. 1:40/4:40 Fox, TSN, CTV

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better in coverage than Ken Hamlin was. How do you feel about
ken hamlin didnt cost a fortune in draft picks.
"and is a weak tackler"
Now you're just making stuff up. I won't bother defending him on that one because it isn't even necessary. Everyone can see he is a solid tackler.
His tackling is not impressive, saw too many high tackles and players gaining yards after contact

It really feels like a desperation move and i said at the time maybe schnieder knew he wouldnt be around to suffer the consequences which might still hold true.

But all of this is of course dependent on the franchise personal making the decisions. So I await your eviseration of the current Seahawk's regime's drafting abilities.
Other teams seem to do fine drafting late in the 1st. Helps to not reach all the time though.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ken hamlin didnt cost a fortune in draft picks.

His tackling is not impressive, saw too many high tackles and players gaining yards after contact

It really feels like a desperation move and i said at the time maybe schnieder knew he wouldnt be around to suffer the consequences which might still hold true.

Other teams seem to do fine drafting late in the 1st. Helps to not reach all the time though.
You didn't answer the question. I didn't ask what Hamlin cost. You stated that Adam's is horrible in coverage. I stated that he isn't as is in fact better than Hamlin was.

But we obviously are not going to agree. I guess we can revisit the subject next year when they sign Adams to an extension. I also expect a more integrated performance from him next year after a full training camp.

In a league stuffed full of freak athletes, Adams stands out. The staff needs to harness that through scheme and execution. They did that somewhat this year but the schizophrenic nature of this season limited it. I look forward to seeing what they do.

Besides, Adams certainly was not the problem over the 2nd half of the season. It was Russell and the offense. I don't get all of the Adams complaints considering that he had a record setting performance this year.

Would the picks have netted us a couple great starters? Maybe. But more likely it would a contributor and a bust (again, review past draft history) .

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we may be done winning anything significant in the PC era. He is too set on his pre-historic offense that I don't think can get you to a SB unless you have one of the best defenses of all time. It's ironic to me that the improvement of our defense is probably what did us in this year. Early in the season when it was terrible we were letting Russell push the ball down the field and scored over 30 a game. We had a rash of injuries right around when we played some really good teams, then after that our D went from Clark Kent to Super Man and we employed one of the most risk averse gameplans I have ever seen. And we did it week in and week out. We have the best deep baller in the game plus one of the better WR duos, and we are just throwing 4 yard passes until we get to a 4th quarter emergency. You can have good regular season records that way, but it's not getting us far in the playoffs anymore. We are wasting Russell Wilson, sadly enough. If this is what we are going to do, we should trade Russell, DK & TL, sign Cam Newton, and just run the option. I am usually fairly optimistic about things, but I think the PC era may have jumped the shark with yesterday's loss.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I didnt see you post here when we beat you a few weeks ago....
That is right, I haven't been posting anywhere for that much at all this year, but I guarantee you I have come over here in the past, and congratulated your team on big wins, the Superbowl not withstanding... (And although I think you have a very good HC, as a Bruins fan, I've always despised him as a man)

So in that light, Congrats on winning the NFC West!!

Too late?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is what we are going to do, we should trade Russell, DK & TL, sign Cam Newton, and just run the option. I am usually fairly optimistic about things, but I think the PC era may have jumped the shark with yesterday's loss.
Or shit can the whole coaching staff and front office and start over. We have good pieces to build around, just dont have the right people to do the building.

I believe having coached college for so long gave carroll a huge advantage in scouting early on which led to great drafts. They also were im some ways ahead of their time, now 5'10 qbs get taken #1 overall and everybody wants tall safeties and corners.

they completely lost that edge.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't answer the question. I didn't ask what Hamlin cost. You stated that Adam's is horrible in coverage. I stated that he isn't as is in fact better than Hamlin was.
I dont see what your argument is about. Adams cost two 1sts, hamlin was a 5th? If adams cost a 5th he would have been worth it.
But we obviously are not going to agree. I guess we can revisit the subject next year when they sign Adams to an extension. I also expect a more integrated performance from him next year after a full training camp.
Would it really surprise you if we dont resign him?

In a league stuffed full of freak athletes, Adams stands out. The staff needs to harness that through scheme and execution. They did that somewhat this year but the schizophrenic nature of this season limited it. I look forward to seeing what they do.
I didnt see what you did.
Besides, Adams certainly was not the problem over the 2nd half of the season. It was Russell and the offense. I don't get all of the Adams complaints considering that he had a record setting performance this year.
The biggest complaint is that he cost 2 firsts when he wasnt worth it. He is a decent safety, he couldnt hold earls or kams jock strap.
Would the picks have netted us a couple great starters? Maybe. But more likely it would a contributor and a bust (again, review past draft history) .
Who knows what it will net, its possible the second of the two is a lot higher than you think it will be. Then what?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting post game comment by Tyler Lockett...

“Because we became a passing team, it became easier for teams to try to scheme a little bit different. When we ran the ball a lot, we didn’t have to worry about teams trying to throw out all these weird, different coverages that we haven’t seen before because they had to figure out how to stop the run. But sometimes when you start passing the ball like we did – we did a great job in doing it, as well – but now you’ve got teams that (are) starting to figure out, like, ‘Let’s drop eight people back, let’s do all this different type of stuff’ that they normally haven’t really shown on film and now we’ve gotta learn how to adjust. I think even in the last eight games, I think we did a great job adjusting. It’s just we had to figure out – we didn’t really know what teams were gonna do.”

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting post game comment by Tyler Lockett...
this is perfect, i was saying that Shotty isn't the right coach to coach this offense. He has really no experience in a passing style game and that lack of experience equals lack of game planing. A coach that has seen it knows how to adjust to it, routes are designed specifically to adjust to it and take advantage of their defensive lineup with option routes. These are again based off the defensive lineup. The Hawks dont have any of that.

Case in point the DK WR screen pass that was INT for a pick six. Thats all they EVER run out of that formation and action and thats why they jumped it so badly. There is no option there as thats the only play they run when they bring Metcalf over in motion into a stack 99% of the time. 9 times out of 10 if you see something once from a formation in Shottys offense it's the same play again.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When looking back many have said " Seattle is stubborn to a fault" ( sticking to the run in the loss to the Dallas Cowboys in the wildcard round )is it stubbornness or is it just lack of ability and i think it's the latter. Whats sad is gone are the Days where Seattle would adjust at halftime and be a completely different team. It's sad but right now with the offense, we get what we get. Meaning what we see early is what we will see late with maybe a "slight" uptick but nothing to write home about.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board is so fing soft! Why are you not mad we are drafting punters in fifth rounds? Giving up 2 first round picks for a crappy safety that will set us back for years? Drafting a running b 27th who is awful who we clearly didnt need? Schneider needs to go...
How about you shut the fuck up! Yeah I'm still pissed about the game but it's called class when you congrats the other fans. By the way, that punter you hate repeatedly pinned the Rams in their end but I guess you missed those parts of the game. Are these comments to soft for ya dumbass!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case in point the DK WR screen pass that was INT for a pick six. Thats all they EVER run out of that formation and action and thats why they jumped it so badly. There is no option there as thats the only play they run when they bring Metcalf over in motion into a stack 99% of the time. 9 times out of 10 if you see something once from a formation in Shottys offense it's the same play again.

Yeah, even I knew what it was before the snap. I didn't expect pick 6, but I also didn't expect only 1 of the 2 lead WRs to stay in to block. I thought it weird Moore went out on a route there. I expect someone blew an assignment, and I'm not sure it was Swain (he had a long way to go to make that block).

I mean, if Moore takes on Williams, Swain is there for Leonard as a chip as he flows to the play leaving DK one-on-one against Young ideally. If that play was run like it appears on film (Moore runs a curl?) it is atrociously designed, because it was next to impossible to ask Swain, lined up on the inside, to block Williams with outside leverage on Moore.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you shut the fuck up! Yeah I'm still pissed about the game but it's called class when you congrats the other fans. By the way, that punter you hate repeatedly pinned the Rams in their end but I guess you missed those parts of the game. Are these comments to soft for ya dumbass!

This so many times.

Win or lose IT IS IMPARATIVE THAT YOU SHOW CLASS. I do that mostly every game.

This board is so fing soft! Why are you not mad we are drafting punters in fifth rounds? Giving up 2 first round picks for a crappy safety that will set us back for years? Drafting a running b 27th who is awful who we clearly didnt need? Schneider needs to go...

Really man? Yeah I showed a Lackadaisical attitude after the game, ask SJ he'll tell you all about it, but that is who I am.

THAT DOESN'T TAKE AWAY FROM THE FACT that I was pissed during this game and Through most of the games. Hell There were times that I was getting into fights DURING THE FUCKING GAME WITH OTHER POSTERS HERE, I know that Annotied was one and I think the other was either Boogie or Shark. I can tell you the games where it was.

Yes we have a somewhat Subdued attitude after this game. Doesn't take away from anything during the games DURING THE GAWD DAMN SEASON or anything.

BTW this "SHITTY" Punter that your referencing.

How many All-Pro awards does he have in his 3 years?

How many Pro bowls?

How many Special teams POTW?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, even I knew what it was before the snap. I didn't expect pick 6, but I also didn't expect only 1 of the 2 lead WRs to stay in to block. I thought it weird Moore went out on a route there. I expect someone blew an assignment, and I'm not sure it was Swain (he had a long way to go to make that block).

I mean, if Moore takes on Williams, Swain is there for Leonard as a chip as he flows to the play leaving DK one-on-one against Young ideally. If that play was run like it appears on film (Moore runs a curl?) it is atrociously designed, because it was next to impossible to ask Swain, lined up on the inside, to block Williams with outside leverage on Moore.
Usually the WR runs toward RW a few steps while making the catch... Looked like Metcalf just stood still waiting for the ball to come to him...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually the WR runs toward RW a few steps while making the catch... Looked like Metcalf just stood still waiting for the ball to come to him...

Yeah Metcalf doesn't "attack" the ball something he has to learn. He will fall backwards trying to make a catch rather than attacking it at its highest point.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This so many times.

Win or lose IT IS IMPARATIVE THAT YOU SHOW CLASS. I do that mostly every game.

Really man? Yeah I showed a Lackadaisical attitude after the game, ask SJ he'll tell you all about it, but that is who I am.

THAT DOESN'T TAKE AWAY FROM THE FACT that I was pissed during this game and Through most of the games. Hell There were times that I was getting into fights DURING THE FUCKING GAME WITH OTHER POSTERS HERE, I know that Annotied was one and I think the other was either Boogie or Shark. I can tell you the games where it was.

Yes we have a somewhat Subdued attitude after this game. Doesn't take away from anything during the games DURING THE GAWD DAMN SEASON or anything.

BTW this "SHITTY" Punter that your referencing.

How many All-Pro awards does he have in his 3 years?

How many Pro bowls?

How many Special teams POTW?
There's no such thing as special teams in his fantasy land. He's the RTK of our fanbase.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, that's something else about the WR screen. IDK if it's just DK or the play call, but I can't remember a WR screen this year where the receiver actually moved toward Russ. For as often as they ran it, it's just a poorly designed play.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Atta boy.....let it out!