• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wild Card Pretenders/Contenders

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after the Wild Card round, which teams do you consider legitimate Super Bowl contenders?

Indy - Pretender. They beat a team that was missing their top 2 receivers that hasn't won a playoff game in years. Party ends on Sunday for them.

Baltimore - Contender. They have had the Pats number the past few years. While I think it will be very difficult for them to make it to the Super Bowl, I could see it happen.

Carolina - Pretender - They just don't have enough horses to compete against any of the remaining NFC teams.

Dallas - Contender - Very strong offensive line and Romo is playing well. It will be very difficult for them to make it to the dance, having to go to Green Bay and likely Seattle, but the Giants took the same path a few years ago so it can happen.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas - Contender. Franchise QB. Great Road Record. Good oline. They can run the ball. Defense is a bit average for this time of year but thats good enough when you have everything else.

The rest are pretenders, imo

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All four of the teams that won this past weekend are underdogs in the divisional round this weekend. I don't expect any of them to win again, but I still think that they are all better described as "contenders" than "pretenders", since I won't be shocked if any one of them pulls an upset.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Once a team is in the playoffs you're a contender until you get beat. There are no unwinable games. Having said that, here is my list of biggest to smallest in terms of upset:
1. Panthers over Hawks
2. Ravens over Pats
3. Dallas over Green Bay
4. Indy over Denver

I haven't bothered to look at the Vegas odds but to me Indy has the best shot at an upset. Denver seems to be regressing.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any team with Andy Luck is a contender. Just my opinion. I think they can beat Denver.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any team with Andy Luck is a contender. Just my opinion. I think they can beat Denver.

Depends on what andrew luck shows up.... if the one that turns the ball over more then any other qb in the league not named jay cutler isn't beating anyone let alone denver.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't buy into this concept. Any of these teams with the exception of Carolina are able to beat any team in a N=1 context like the NFL playoffs- so therefore they were all contenders in my eyes. This isn't a scenario where Cincy and Indy have beaten nobody. Carolina, has momentum however, and should absolutely not be taken for granted right now.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what andrew luck shows up.... if the one that turns the ball over more then any other qb in the league not named jay cutler isn't beating anyone let alone denver.

Exactly when you have more int than TDs in playoff games, nvm fumbles, its a worry.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drawing on my vast resources of football knowledge, I will predict that all the home teams lose next weekend and the superbowl will be the Ravens and Carolina. It could happen?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any team with Andy Luck is a contender.
Flacco has earned that notion more, imo. Luck has beaten a Chiefs team that had half its defense carted off the field in injuries and he has beaten a Bengals team that...well, theyre the Bengals.

Flacco and the Deer Antler Spray Ravens always seem to peak at the right time

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is definitely a contender. One of the best, if not the best, OLines. Playmakers all over the offense, a QB who is playing above and beyond himself. Undefeated on the road.

Carolina's run game and defense give them a chance, just don't see them winning in Seattle.

Baltimore has a QB in Flacco that plays, or has in the past, much better in the postseason.

Indy lacks a great defense, a QB that has been inconsistent, and a run game that has a guy that can't run and one that fumbles a little too often. This is a team that greatly needs Luck to be big.

Rank I would give them as contenders:

Dallas
Baltimore
Carolina
Indy

Though I think Indy might have a better chance at winning than Carolina.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All four of the teams that won this past weekend are underdogs in the divisional round this weekend. I don't expect any of them to win again, but I still think that they are all better described as "contenders" than "pretenders", since I won't be shocked if any one of them pulls an upset.

You could be right, but historically, one of the home teams almost always lose. A couple of these games usually aren't close either. I'm guessing at least one home teams fans are in for a rude awakening this weekend.