• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Bengals Select Joe Burrow

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol he knows the talk is about the bengals. Not being the #1 pick.
He did say things about being local.

still hasn't said he'd be happy be a bengal.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And this is how you create a "something" from "nothing".

He also hasn't said he wants to be a Steeler, either.... Does that mean he wouldn't be happy to be selected by them? Of course not.

I get the angle you are trying to use - but honestly - it's lazy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is how you create a "something" from "nothing".

He also hasn't said he wants to be a Steeler, either.... Does that mean he wouldn't be happy to be selected by them? Of course not.

I get the angle you are trying to use - but honestly - it's lazy.
No what's amusing, is you reacting to everyone, and everything. You totally dismissing that there could be some smoke here..... thats lazy...... and amusing

it's never happened before, and no one has spoke out against the bengals.

bengals also must think it's total bs since at the combine they've told ppl they aren't a team to mess with. That they will let him sit all year or take chase young-per Schefter

I mean obviously the bengals higher ups are dismissing it, since they haven't made backdoor comments on it, right?

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lied it wasn't schefter, I thought it was during the schefter segment. But again, bengals office must think it's nothing to make those comments

around the 2:35 mark

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No what's amusing, is you reacting to everyone, and everything. You totally dismissing that there could be some smoke here..... thats lazy...... and amusing

bengals also must think it's total bs since at the combine they've told ppl they aren't a team to mess with. That they will let him sit all year or take chase young-per Schefter

I mean obviously the bengals higher ups are dismissing it, since they haven't made backdoor comments on it, right?

Who the F is going to play QB for us next year if it is not Burrow?

Andy Dalton is getting traded. Finley is crap. We have no depth at the position. So is this really what the Bengals are saying, or what National media is making up about the situation?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, if that's what you think - cool. But, it's really amusing that first it was "Burrow said this" and then he comes out and says he didn't say that. Now it's, well - yeah, he didn't say that, BUT he also didn't say this...the mental gymnastics of people to keep their story from falling apart is amusing.

Bottom line is - he said if he's drafted he'll be there. That's the only story that really matters. Anything else is sensationalism.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lied it wasn't schefter, I thought it was during the schefter segment. But again, bengals office must think it's nothing to make those comments

around the 2:35 mark

I just watched that entire thing, and once again, they didn't show the clips of him debunking all this crap about him not wanting to be in Cincinnati...they conveniently left that info out.

They jump straight to his politically correct, not endorsing any one team, answer and run again with him not wanting to be there. They just can't help themselves.

If they would have showed the other part of the interview where he said:

"I'll play for whoever drafts me," Burrow said Tuesday from the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine.

"I'm just not going to be presumptuous about what they want to do," Burrow said (referring to the Bengals). "It's the draft. You guys have been covering it for a long time. You never know what's going to happen."

"The only thing I've said is I didn't want to be presumptuous about the pick," Burrow said. "So, that's why I've been noncommittal, because I don't know what's going to happen. They might not pick me. They might fall in love with someone else. You guys kind of took that narrative and ran with it. There has never been anything like that from my end."

If selected by Cincy, Burrow hopes A.J. Green remains with the franchise.

"If I'm lucky enough to be drafted No. 1, I'd like to have him on the roster," he said. (Referring to AJ Green)

If I am not mistaken, unless some other team winds up with #1 overall and somehow manages to sign AJ Green, I have to believe, Joe would feel LUCKY to go to Cincinnati with the #1 pick, based off that statement.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who would admit to that? lol. Only thing he can do is accept the challenge or demand to be traded.

Even Baker admitted he was proud to turn the Browns around but the Browns fans are a hell of a lot more die hard than the Bengal fans and the city of Cleveland lives and breaths sports. Joey will likely do the same thing, try to turn around a horrible franchise...not sure if he really desires to go to Cincy though.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would admit to that? lol. Only thing he can do is accept the challenge or demand to be traded.

Even Baker admitted he was proud to turn the Browns around but the Browns fans are a hell of a lot more die hard than the Bengal fans and the city of Cleveland lives and breaths sports. Joey will likely do the same thing, try to turn around a horrible franchise...not sure if he really desires to go to Cincy though.

Before, or after he was drafted by the Browns?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on what? A couple more butts in the seats? Lets not play it off that Cleveland leads the league in attendance or something. And for a city that breaths sports, the Indians attendance is behind the Reds even though they've had MUCH more recent success. I'm happy you guys got a championship with the Cavs, but basketball is back where it normally is in that city now that LeBron is gone.... Meanwhile, in Cincinnati there is a legacy of great college basketball - Both within the city itself and within a 100 mile radius.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truth, and there was more talent in Cleveland. Plus bakers a cocky f.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth, and there was more talent in Cleveland. Plus bakers a cocky f.

Truth? That Mayfield is a cocky bastard? Yeah. I agree. That was the only true thing I saw in there when comparing the ineptitude of Ohio football teams.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth? That Mayfield is a cocky bastard? Yeah. I agree. That was the only true thing I saw in there when comparing the ineptitude of Ohio football teams.
There's wasn't more talent in Cleveland? That young roster, with all those high picks? Hmm. Bengals have aj green , maybe, who hasn't played football in how long. There's that. Or roller coaster mixon. But I'm #rbdontmatter with the exception of like 2.

bengals fans, dolphins fans, skins fans. All delusional :suds:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's wasn't more talent in Cleveland? That young roster, with all those high picks? Hmm. Bengals have aj green , maybe, who hasn't played football in how long. There's that. Or roller coaster mixon. But I'm #rbdontmatter with the exception of like 2.

bengals fans, dolphins fans, skins fans. All delusional :suds:

When they draft Mayfield they had all that talent?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot yeah, more than the bengals, obviously they added some off season pieces, but had been drafting high for years. garrett alone.

I would say most of their talent was on defense when they drafted Mayfield. They had just traded for Landry, but they had no running back yet, no weapons worth talking about on offense.

The Bengals have Mixon, Green, Boyd, Ross, Eifert (I believe he will be back, stayed healthy all last season), we have our #1 pick finally getting to play this year after sitting for a year with an injury. We finally discovered a couple lineman that should be decent. Still working on that line though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say most of their talent was on defense when they drafted Mayfield. They had just traded for Landry, but they had no running back yet, no weapons worth talking about on offense.

The Bengals have Mixon, Green, Boyd, Ross, Eifert (I believe he will be back, stayed healthy all last season), we have our #1 pick finally getting to play this year after sitting for a year with an injury. We finally discovered a couple lineman that should be decent. Still working on that line though.
Yes, you actually have some good pieces, i am just jabbing at this point. But yeah i should of clarified almost all of the browns talent once mayfield was aquired was on D

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that Cleveland added a lot of talent after the Mayfield pick. I've read several articles that have suggested that they've built the team wrong - Letting a few core folks at important positions walk.... But some of this is probably people just looking for reasons why they have failed. My hunch is that it had much more to do with coaching. We'll see this year I suppose.