• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Bengals Select Joe Burrow

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will not sign with the Bungles. Skippy!!!

He already said he would play for anyone. Anyone willing to pay him. He also said it would be a lot of fun to play close to home. Get the national narrative out of your damn head. Burrow will be a Bengal come end of April.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One Bengal has already had a throwing session with Burrow:

Ross has had one throwing session with Burrow, the LSU quarterback who led the Tigers to the national title during a Heisman Trophy season, has heard the buzz about the Bengals taking him.

"That definitely will be," said Ross of how intriguing that pick could be. "He looked like a national champion … I think everybody knows how talented he is. He knows how talented he is. I like the way he carried himself. He looked just as good as he did all season."

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe and his dad both have been on several interviews where they both have said that Joe has no issue playing for the Bengals.

This narrative that he'll hold out, or doesn't want to play in Cincinnati is patently false, lazy, and irresponsible. Especially when parroted by the national media tropes.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe and his dad both have been on several interviews where they both have said that Joe has no issue playing for the Bengals.

This narrative that he'll hold out, or doesn't want to play in Cincinnati is patently false, lazy, and irresponsible. Especially when parroted by the national media tropes.

Standard news anymore. Creating their own story and narrative instead of reporting the actual news.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be funny if he states he doesn't wanna play for cincy.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, and he has tiny hands. tiny. smaller than murrays

Source: Burrow's hands measured at 9 inches

Per ESPN Stats and Information, the length from pinkie to thumb was tied for the smallest among first-round quarterbacks measured at the combine since 2008. Ryan Tannehill and Jared Goff, the others with those hand sizes, happened to be instructed by current Cincinnati Bengals coach Zac Taylor.

Taylor and the Bengals could potentially draft Burrow with the franchise's top-overall pick since 2003. Taylor, a former quarterback at Nebraska, had a 9-inch hand measurement at the 2007 combine.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per ESPN Stats and Information, the length from pinkie to thumb was tied for the smallest among first-round quarterbacks measured at the combine since 2008. Ryan Tannehill and Jared Goff, the others with those hand sizes, happened to be instructed by current Cincinnati Bengals coach Zac Taylor.

Taylor and the Bengals could potentially draft Burrow with the franchise's top-overall pick since 2003. Taylor, a former quarterback at Nebraska, had a 9-inch hand measurement at the 2007 combine.
I'd laugh if the Bengals were dumb enough to pass on him for this.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd laugh if the Bengals were dumb enough to pass on him for this.

Me too. I might become a Chiefs fan at that point. Burrow has the measurables you can't measure with a tape measure. I will take that all day long.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, that's ok. We'll just have them deflate the ball a little bit for a better grip.

I kid...I kid...sorta. LOL

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Bengals fans out there. Any issues with Burrow saying he doesn't like cincinnati chili? Smart kid. :heh:
Texas chili is the best... :thumb:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the bengals are saying in backdoors they arent a team to mess with. That they will draf thim and let him sit out the whole season ala carson palmer retiring over playing! Or they will just take chase young. Bengals gonna bengal.

Burrow obviously said he wants to be the #1 pick etc.

All per mort this morning.

However, as ESPN pointed out, Burrow did not say he wants to be a bengal, he may at some point, but he still has not said, I want to be the #1 pick, I wanna play for cincy.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's sure a lot of white noise and stupidity being thrown around about where this kid will be playing. For me, when I actually look at all the landing spots, Cinci might be the best situation of all the shitty teams out there. At least, they have a few pieces to work with. All the crappy teams have shitty ownership and incompetent people running the team. That's why they are crappy. I think there are at least 5 teams that I would not want to play for more than the Bengals if I was in his shoes. If the Bengals keep the pick, I believe he will just go play and be happy.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow came out today and debunk all the idiotic narratives that he wouldn't play for the Bengals today.

"Of course I want to be the 1st pick. That's every kids' dream"

"I'll play for whoever takes me - I'm a player. What am I going to do sit out? Players play"

When asked about the narrative he responded: "I never said that"; "You guys kind of took that narrative and ran with it. There has never been anything like that from my end"

"I've been non-commental about it because I'm not going to be presumptuous that I'm the 1st overall pick - they may fall in love with someone else. You guys took that and ran with it."

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This only matters if there is a history of the ball falling out of his hands or him fumbling it. It may be a reason he doesn't have the same arm strength as other guys, because it starts with the grip, but that hasn't appeared to be an issue with the way he performed last year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow came out today and debunk all the idiotic narratives that he wouldn't play for the Bengals today.

"Of course I want to be the 1st pick. That's every kids' dream"

"I'll play for whoever takes me - I'm a player. What am I going to do sit out? Players play"

When asked about the narrative he responded: "I never said that"; "You guys kind of took that narrative and ran with it. There has never been anything like that from my end"

"I've been non-commental about it because I'm not going to be presumptuous that I'm the 1st overall pick - they may fall in love with someone else. You guys took that and ran with it."
Still never said he wants to be a bengal, did you notice that.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still never said he wants to be a bengal, did you notice that.

He said he wants to be the #1 draft pick.

He didn't say he wanted to play for anyone else either!

He is not be presumptive and saying that, because what if the Bengals do not select him, and he is left with egg on his face as another team debates taking him after saying he wanted to play for the Bengals?!

He said he wants to be the #1 pick (the Bengals own the #1 pick - currently)
He said he could drive home for dinner after a sunday afternoon game (talking about Cincy).
He said he would play for WHOEVER drafts him.
He said he would love to have AJ Green on the roster if the Bengals select him.

What do you want the guy to fn say before the combine has even started? He is trying to be politically correct and not shut doors. You must be terrible in job interviews if you truly expect him to say that.