• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the Bengals Select Joe Burrow

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Burrow Top 10 traits (in my opinion):

1. Intelligent
2. Tough
3. Natural Leader
4. Confident
5. Possesses Poise Under Pressure
6. Accurate
7. Has Touch on his throws
8. Mobile
9. Fights to the bitter end
10. He is a winner

Top 10 Reasons Mike Brown and Zac Taylor should love Joe Burrow beyond traits:

1. He will sell as many jerseys his rookie season as every other player on the team combined.
2. He has an entire city behind him within driving distance of the stadium.
3. He is a local boy making good. Great national story (publicity).
4. He handles himself in a way that would not embarrass the organization.
5. He is respectful and humble, will be one of the hardest working people in the building (lead by example).
6. Immediate opportunities to get back into the prime time games and the National spot light.
7. A true franchise QB to be the face of the organization.
8. More fans in the stands this year.
9. More marketing opportunities.
10. Ohio's Mr. Football, Heisman, National Championship, beat 7 top 10 teams his final year on his way to 60 TD's and 6 INT's (production against top flight opponents).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll should trade down, stock up on younger high-end talent, and go with Ryan Finley for the year so you can be set up to grab Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence next year. Build it up the right way.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s going to pull an Elway or Eli move. He transferred to LSU and not Tulane for a reason.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor guy will end up in Cincy.

Reactions: gob

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya'll should trade down, stock up on younger high-end talent, and go with Ryan Finley for the year so you can be set up to grab Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence next year. Build it up the right way.

I am sure the Browns would love that. Unlike the Browns, I hope we don't pass on a true franchise QB. Until you got Mayfield, none of your talent on your team mattered. You build it right by taking a true franchise QB and building around him. A true franchise QB can offset some of your deficiencies, a la Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers. When those guys get true weapons around them, they are unstoppable, when they don't have supreme talent, they still carry their team kicking and screaming into the playoffs with a chance to win. You don't pass on a true franchise QB for anything when you have a chance. That is asking for another decade like the 90's.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor guy will end up in Cincy.

That is what people thought about someone going to NE before Brady and Belichek got there. That is what folks thought about the Colts before Manning. That is what the league thought about the Saints before Brees. Green Bay was struggling to be a competent team before Farve/Rodgers. Montana / Young carried the 49ers through a hell of a good time. Aikman in Dallas. Kelly in Buffalo. Elway in Denver.

Franchise QB's are the most important piece to success in the way the NFL has morphed into a passing / sissy league.

KC seems to be doing okay with Mahomes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Bengals fans out there. Any issues with Burrow saying he doesn't like cincinnati chili? Smart kid. :heh:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure the Browns would love that. Unlike the Browns, I hope we don't pass on a true franchise QB. Until you got Mayfield, none of your talent on your team mattered. You build it right by taking a true franchise QB and building around him. A true franchise QB can offset some of your deficiencies, a la Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers. When those guys get true weapons around them, they are unstoppable, when they don't have supreme talent, they still carry their team kicking and screaming into the playoffs with a chance to win. You don't pass on a true franchise QB for anything when you have a chance. That is asking for another decade like the 90's.
We'll see. Personally, I'd rather have an extra 2-3 first round picks on top of this year's pick than have the #1 pick. Burrow could be elite. I don't think his ceiling is higher than Fields or Lawrence, though, and if you're telling me I could stock up on elite talent and get one of those two or just have Burrow, I'm taking the former.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Personally, I'd rather have an extra 2-3 first round picks on top of this year's pick than have the #1 pick. Burrow could be elite. I don't think his ceiling is higher than Fields or Lawrence, though, and if you're telling me I could stock up on elite talent and get one of those two or just have Burrow, I'm taking the former.

There is a pod caster from Lousiana that is a huge Saints / Burrow fan. Said he would be perfectly good with the Saints giving up their next 10 1st round picks for Burrow. I wouldn't even accept that. It would suck turning that down, because that is crazy draft gold, but no, I don't take it. I want the Bengals to be relevant now, not hope for later. Besides, we had a ton of injuries this year, I don't think the Bengals with Andy Dalton again is a 2 win team. I think we are more around a 6 to 7 win team with Dalton. Right free agent moves, solid draft, and a little time for Burrow to get used to the speed of the NFL...I think he can have a Baker Mayfield type rookie year, maybe better, especially with (2) 1000 yard WR's and a 1000 yard running back, and potentially a quality TE like Eifert if he can stay on the field. There is a lot to work with. The #1 pick from last year didn't play a snap either last year, and he will be our starting LT this year. Extra 1st rounder right there.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Bengals fans out there. Any issues with Burrow saying he doesn't like cincinnati chili? Smart kid. :heh:

He did indeed say that, but he also said that if he gave it more of a chance he could learn to like it. Granted, learning to like something is not truly liking it, but who cares about chili? We are talking football here. Every player on Cleveland's team is having to learn to like playing in the mistake by the lake, so it is not much different. He doesn't have to like skyline of goldstar for me to be a Burrow Backer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did indeed say that, but he also said that if he gave it more of a chance he could learn to like it. Granted, learning to like something is not truly liking it, but who cares about chili? We are talking football here. Every player on Cleveland's team is having to learn to like playing in the mistake by the lake, so it is not much different. He doesn't have to like skyline of goldstar for me to be a Burrow Backer.

How dare you make fun of my team? That's my job!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a pod caster from Lousiana that is a huge Saints / Burrow fan. Said he would be perfectly good with the Saints giving up their next 10 1st round picks for Burrow. I wouldn't even accept that. It would suck turning that down, because that is crazy draft gold, but no, I don't take it. I want the Bengals to be relevant now, not hope for later. Besides, we had a ton of injuries this year, I don't think the Bengals with Andy Dalton again is a 2 win team. I think we are more around a 6 to 7 win team with Dalton. Right free agent moves, solid draft, and a little time for Burrow to get used to the speed of the NFL...I think he can have a Baker Mayfield type rookie year, maybe better, especially with (2) 1000 yard WR's and a 1000 yard running back, and potentially a quality TE like Eifert if he can stay on the field. There is a lot to work with. The #1 pick from last year didn't play a snap either last year, and he will be our starting LT this year. Extra 1st rounder right there.
That's fair

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polish boys >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skyline or Goldstar

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is alright. Call us Bungles and we are good. It all goes hand in hand with Ohio football.

Speaking of Cleveland & Cincinnati I don't know what's funnier. Former Cleveland mayor Ralph Perk catching his hair on fire with a welding torch during a ribbon cutting ceremony & passing on dinner at the White House because it interfered with his wifes bowling night. Or former mayor Jerry Springer bouncing a check to a hooker. I think it's Ralphie-Boy.