• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why only Kap getting a workout?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoon is finished.

Couldn't stay healthy in ATL, AZ, or ATL 2.0...call it career Spoon!

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farve should make a comeback. You know you saw it coming.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just hold public workouts for everyone and sell it as a TV? Like and American Idol but for athletes.

America's next top QB
America's got talent... ed linebackers
American Wide Out
Keeping up with the place kickers

Yeah they all suck but the tongue in cheek point still stands!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Anderson should be able to try out, too...

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be great to see Vince Papale get another look......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP kinda has a point.....

Not really...the NFL doesn't do business this way....more we read into this the more it looks like the NFL is simply making a public gesture for the sake of saying they made an effort and they're not black balling him.

If teams really wanted Kap, they know how to find him...holding this thing on a Sat when GMs and coaches are not normally able to travel the day before game day pretty much ensures that any team reps there will be some lower level exec...maybe a scout.

It's actually fortunate Spoon was not invited.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really...the NFL doesn't do business this way....more we read into this the more it looks like the NFL is simply making a public gesture for the sake of saying they made an effort and they're not black balling him.

If teams really wanted Kap, they know how to find him...holding this thing on a Sat when GMs and coaches are not normally able to travel the day before game day pretty much ensures that any team reps there will be some lower level exec...maybe a scout.

Yeah that was my take immediately. It's November 14th, I highly doubt many GMs will even attend let alone consider signing a QB this late in the season. This appears to be a clumsy PR stunt by the NFL in a way to claim that Kap was not black balled. Which of course is ridiculous, obviously he was black listed.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well i guess thats my point, why does HE get the public gesture and no one else does.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was my take immediately. It's November 14th, I highly doubt many GMs will even attend let alone consider signing a QB this late in the season. This appears to be a clumsy PR stunt by the NFL in a way to claim that Kap was not black balled. Which of course is ridiculous, obviously he was black listed.

Blackballed...I'm sure there are owners that just don't want the media attention that will follow Kap and truly have blackballed him. BAL, looked at him as a backup....DEN was considering him as a starter but couldn't work out the money.

So...I'm not willing to say the entire NFL has blackballed him, (especially when Eric Reid is playing). What would make them different when they both protested the same thing in the same manner?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackballed...I'm sure there are owners that just don't want the media attention that will follow Kap and truly have blackballed him. BAL, looked at him as a backup....DEN was considering him as a starter but couldn't work out the money.

So...I'm not willing to say the entire NFL has blackballed him, (especially when Eric Reid is playing). What would make them different when they both protested the same thing in the same manner?

Hawks had inquired about him as RW's backup last year but Kaep at the time was wanting a starter's salary...

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah agreed, I think the league just decided he wasn't a good enough player to put up with the backlash. That seems like blackball to me but maybe a different word is needed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah agreed, I think the league just decided he wasn't a good enough player to put up with the backlash. That seems like blackball to me but maybe a different word is needed.

I think we've talked about 3 teams that were legitimately interested in signing him, DEN as a starter and BAL, and SEA as a backup...for whatever reason the interest didn't result in him being on a team...I think now that he's willing to entertain a back up role now, that opens up more doors for him but 3 yrs removed from the league makes that a more challenging situation.

To your point, no question I think there were teams that were influenced by the attention the protest was causing and were not interested in him because of that...but an outright do not touch Kaep? IMO, no, but this NFL planned workout is a joke.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even through all the bullshit Kaep still had a chance to return to the league....but he wanted big money. It's his own fault, teams were actually willing to give him a chance just not for his ridicuous price tag. If he truly loves the game that much he won't be asking a legit NFL starter kind of money. Another reason why most teams won't give him a chance, he always has a motive. It isn't about the love for the game and it never was for him. Fuck him!