• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Gruden so hot to get rid of Carr?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His numbers have been pretty impressive. Especially considering the lackluster teams that he has been surrounded by.

Under Gruden last season with Tyrell Williams as his #1. He managed a 100.8 Rating 70.4% CMP 8.0 Y/A 4,000+ Yards 21 TD's (4.1%) 8 INT's (1.6%)

www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CarrDe02.htm

If you had a shot at landing a young, future franchise QB with which you simply liked more? I might understand. However, I don't get the urgency to jettison him for a 40+ year old Brady or the other names that have been mentioned.

Carr is not elite. However, he is "good". IMO. He also demonstrated in 2016 that he can reach a very high individual ceiling when the team around him is functioning.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Mark Davis wants to make a big splash driving up hype for their first season in Vegas.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also confused by it

I'd be good with th Browns trading Mayfield for him straight up

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’d give him up for 3/4ths of the backups in the league.

Nah. Probably not. A handful, though.

If I was coaching a football game tomorrow. Mitch is probably somewhere between the 30th and 40th NFL QB I would want leading my team.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what Gruden did in Tampa as well guys. he's never happy with who he has under center and is unable to elevate his QB's play (even though he's supposed to be some great QB coach).

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what Gruden did in Tampa as well guys. he's never happy with who he has under center and is unable to elevate his QB's play (even though he's supposed to be some great QB coach).

The only guy that blew up under him was Gannon and to a lesser extent Brad Johnson

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His numbers have been pretty impressive. Especially considering the lackluster teams that he has been surrounded by.

Under Gruden last season with Tyrell Williams as his #1. He managed a 100.8 Rating 70.4% CMP 8.0 Y/A 4,000+ Yards 21 TD's (4.1%) 8 INT's (1.6%)

If you had a shot at landing a young, future franchise QB with which you simply liked more? I might understand. However, I don't get the urgency to jettison him for a 40+ year old Brady or the other names that have been mentioned.

Carr is not elite. However, he is "good". IMO. He also demonstrated in 2016 that he can reach a very high individual ceiling when the team around him is functioning.
Because he does dumb shit. Like throwing the ball out of the back of the end zone, on 4th down, in a game they could have won. He cares more about his own stats than he does his team, or wins.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you aware that Gruden "is hot to get rid of Carr?"

I mean are you listening to the media and the mock drafts?
Do you have insider information?

Did you watch the combine and see Mayock's reaction to this specific topic?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he does dumb shit. Like throwing the ball out of the back of the end zone, on 4th down, in a game they could have won. He cares more about his own stats than he does his team, or wins.

This is who you guys need

Straight up man

Make it happenDbFeWmYU0AA7UYH.jpg

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much of this is all media dtiven or if there is actually something to it but the knock on Carr appears to be that he is a good QB at times but the team will never reach the ultimate goal with him. A very similar player to Cousins. Good stats when the talent is around him but lacks the "it" factor to win it all. I think they want a big splash for Vegas and Carr is very vanilla to them.
As for Gruden, the Gannon thing ( a very long time ago in football terms), gave people the notion he is some QB guru. Probably as much of a curse as a blessing. Coaches can gameplan to help a QB but the bottom line is the player is what he is and nobody can really change it that much. I recall Holmgren saying he got to a point with Favre that he just said "Okay Brett, I've taught you all I know and I'll just live with the rest because you're going to do what you do. Just do me a favor and don't do it so much. My heart can't take it."
There's a limit to what Shanahan can do with JimmyG, Arians with Winston, McVay with Goff, etc., etc.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing I can think of is he's not Gruden's guy. Couple that with the fact that he hasn't really won enough for him to be comfortable with him as The Man.

He's been okay to be honest...good stats which is why you're not looking to run him off for a rookie, but only 1 winning season is a little concerning to me.

That said, I see the attraction to Brady in Vegas, but at least for a couple of years, they won't need much of a sideshow to draw. They're not a QB away from being a contender...even Brady would need more than what the Raiders have on both sides of the ball to be a legit playoff team.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much of this is all media dtiven or if there is actually something to it but the knock on Carr appears to be that he is a good QB at times but the team will never reach the ultimate goal with him. A very similar player to Cousins. Good stats when the talent is around him but lacks the "it" factor to win it all. I think they want a big splash for Vegas and Carr is very vanilla to them.
As for Gruden, the Gannon thing ( a very long time ago in football terms), gave people the notion he is some QB guru. Probably as much of a curse as a blessing. Coaches can gameplan to help a QB but the bottom line is the player is what he is and nobody can really change it that much. I recall Holmgren saying he got to a point with Favre that he just said "Okay Brett, I've taught you all I know and I'll just live with the rest because you're going to do what you do. Just do me a favor and don't do it so much. My heart can't take it."
There's a limit to what Shanahan can do with JimmyG, Arians with Winston, McVay with Goff, etc., etc.

Cousin's is a great example of Carr's game....good skillset for the short passing game. Year in, year out, he will get you 3800-4000 yds but winning those critical games on the road, or games that matter...not much there, he's still building that resume.

Yeah, there is a limit to what even a great coach can do with mediocre talent.