• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did we dump Freeney ?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeney is a class act and was a good fit helping out the young D-lineman ... Also he was performing well, he was actually getting after it and had like 3 sacks and lot's of hurry up's ... Maybe Avril is coming back soon ? Not sure why you dump Freeney right now... Dump Walsh if your gonna dump anyone, he's actually NOT performing well ...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan has looked very good and I'd imagine the team like to give him more snaps to get a better look at him... Why not see what we have in him in hopes of re-signing him...

Also, outside his first game, he really has been a ghost since then... Jordan has looked much better so give the younger talent w/ upside more of the snaps...

Also, I wonder if the Hawks will pursue C. Marsh since he was waived by the Patriots today...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Anointed One, this has all the signs of getting Jordan more involved on defense. Losing Avril and not yet having Jordan available to see what he's capable of, it made sense to bring in a veteran on the cheap. Freeney still had something left in the tank and his presence was good for the younger guys, but they apparently like what they're seeing from Jordan enough to think he's capable of bringing more to the table the rest of the way than Freeney is.

We really only see what these guys are doing on game day, but teams have a lot more to go on when they're making these types of decisions. So while a move like this might not always make sense to us, we don't know everything that went into making it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan has looked very good and I'd imagine the team like to give him more snaps to get a better look at him... Why not see what we have in him in hopes of re-signing him...

Also, outside his first game, he really has been a ghost since then... Jordan has looked much better so give the younger talent w/ upside more of the snaps...

Also, I wonder if the Hawks will pursue C. Marsh since he was waived by the Patriots today...

Jordan does have an upside, would have liked to see Freeney retire here finishing out the year, good dude ... I’m kinda hoping we bring in another kicker at some point, I’ve lost faith in Walsh...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why in the world did you ever have faith in walsh???

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is one of our receivers hurt, and I missed it? Cause they brought up David Moore to take Freeney's Spot.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is one of our receivers hurt, and I missed it? Cause they brought up David Moore to take Freeney's Spot.

So many little nicks are dings going on this year, wouldn't surprise me if someone did get hurt, I'm sure we'll hear more about it soon...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still trying to figure this one out because if there was a receiver injured you would think Darboh would be in line for more playing time. I get cutting Freeney he did play well in the little time he did play I think he only played like 15% of the snaps. The thing about his sacks you have to keep in mind those numbers are there when you put a player in when its an obvious passing down. I would get cutting him what I don't understand is why bring up a WR? like someone already said on here we will probably see when time moves forward. Maybe they want to give Jordan more playing time because he is only 26 and might look to sign him to an extension because Cliffs career might be at its end

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard somewhere that we brought up Moore because he was at risk of signing to another teams 53; a defensive move on our part. If they like him that bad I, hope he can contribute cause you can never have enough pass rushers and we just let a good one walk.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what is the difference between how much we are paying Walsh and how much Buffalo is paying Hauschka? Was the gap really so much that it necessitated bring in a guy with as many red flags as Walsh has?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like hauschka got $4m per year and walsh was a one year $1m deal.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like hauschka got $4m per year and walsh was a one year $1m deal.

No, $4 million a year is what it was estimated last year it would take to re=sign Hauschka, since he was making $3.5 million. He's making $2.6 million this year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what is the difference between how much we are paying Walsh and how much Buffalo is paying Hauschka? Was the gap really so much that it necessitated bring in a guy with as many red flags as Walsh has?
Think the Seahawks saw Hauschka as aging, expensive vet who was starting to decline. I actually thought the same. Walsh was just a cheap fall back. Tight cap space, the Seahawks were looking to save where they could to sign some free agents they thought could help.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Seahawks saw Hauschka as aging, expensive vet who was starting to decline. I actually thought the same. Walsh was just a cheap fall back. Tight cap space, the Seahawks were looking to save where they could to sign some free agents they thought could help.

And that move has bitten them in the ass.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that move has bitten them in the ass.

Not entirely sure that's true. It's not like Hausch didn't miss a game winning field goal in Arizona and a possible game winning PAT at home against Arizona last year. Hell, Hausch also missed 3 field goals in 1 game for Seattle - surprisingly at Arizona in 2014....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
freeney can onlyy play one side, and only rush, takes away a position on the field

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely sure that's true. It's not like Hausch didn't miss a game winning field goal in Arizona and a possible game winning PAT at home against Arizona last year. Hell, Hausch also missed 3 field goals in 1 game for Seattle - surprisingly at Arizona in 2014....

True, he had a down year like the rest of the team. He may or may not have made that game tying FG on Monday but I'm almost sure the kick wouldn't have been short. Despite his down year i'd still take Haush with the game on the line over Walsh any day of the week.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, he had a down year like the rest of the team. He may or may not have made that game tying FG on Monday but I'm almost sure the kick wouldn't have been short. Despite his down year i'd still take Haush with the game on the line over Walsh any day of the week.

I'm not saying Hausch isn't the better kicker, because he is. I'm saying that it wasn't such a cut and dried situation when he was allowed to leave. If it was common knowledge that Hausch would be having his best season since 2013 this year, then it would have been easy to give him the money and keep him, but for each of the last 3 seasons he played in Seattle - Hausch had a down year one way or another. His performance trend was not headed upward.