• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Arkansas should be in the Big XII

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a geological fit but really makes no sense for either party. Arkansas is, from a brand stance, better than anyone not named BYU. Plus more games/exposure in Texas which would help recruiting. However with A&M they already get that (and Morris is a Texas HS guy which probably does more than how many games they play in the state) and although Arkansas is a respectable program they don't add the tv sets a headline religious school or a directional Florida school would. Plus they probably wouldn't be more competitive now than they already are in their current conference. Morris is a good coach but time will tell if he can win in the SEC. Bama is a juggernaut but aside from them you have a bunch of solid programs that can beat anyone on any given day and all P5 conferences are the same way. The road to a natty is easier in the Big 12 vs the SEC but to be a consistent 10 win type program it probably doesn't matter which conference you are in.

So Arkansas can have better money in the SEC and the same amount of recruiting access and wins with either conference. The Big 12 can get a steal but ultimately benefits more monetarily from someone like South Florida or Cincinnati (or even Memphis which gets them into the Arkansas market at a lower introductory cost). 20 years ago brand name mattered more but in today's game the money has to work for both sides and it won't here.

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

SnoopHawg

CJK5H@SMU
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,039.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lived there for three years when Clinton was in the Govenor's Mansion. Won't go back, willingly.
Arkansas has changed tremendously since then. Its been 27 years since Boss Clinton was there.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'll win more games (maybe).

Maybe in 2019, after that though I doubt it. Lets look at how the Hogs would stack up against 2019 Big XII teams:

Oklahoma: Loss

Texas: Loss

Iowa St: Loss

Oklahoma State: Loss

W. Virginia: Loss

Baylor: Loss

TCU: Loss

Texas Tech: Coin flip really, new head coach there but, they have a good QB/offense. I would put money on Tech though.

Kansas State: Win. Again a new head coach (although the coach has four National Titles in FCS we will see how that translates to Power Five play though and how much Bill Snyder left him).

Kansas: Win even with a new coach there is a LOT of rebuilding to be done there.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too. Neither Arkie or the Big 12 would win. Both would lose money and we all know that is the name of the game now. (Piss on geogrphical relevance, rivalries, fit, etc.) All about the Benjamins. 1/11th of the Big 12 pie is less than Arkie's current SEC share. And Arkie wouldn't bring in enough additional revenue to enlarge the pie to the point where the Big 12 members maintain what they are getting currently. Piss on geogrphical relevance, rivalries, fit, etc. All about the Benjamins so it is a lose lose for both.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston would beat the shit out of Arkansas....and Texas....and most other Big 12 schools.

remember texas runs this conference and is scared little bitches when it comes to real competition.

im just waiting for that conference to die a slow painful death
giphy.gif

You do know that even lowly Texas Tech beat Houston the past two years don't you?

And Tech finished 8th in the conference...only ahead of the two Kansas schools!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

You do know that even lowly Texas Tech beat Houston the past two years don't you?

And Tech finished 8th in the conference...only ahead of the two Kansas schools!
give it a couple of years. school is still having a hang over from UT using them to try to get a satelitte school in houston and stealing tom hermann.... they will be back

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, as pointed out above, there is no penalty for leaving the SEC, and they can leave whenever they want. The fact that they haven't left speaks for itself.

Giggity...no team already IN the SEC would dream of leaving.

Any talk of winning titles is just talk. Everybody knows 95% of all NCAA schools will never sniff one, no matter what conference they played in. TV money is a very nice consolation prize.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give it a couple of years. school is still having a hang over from UT using them to try to get a satelitte school in houston and stealing tom hermann.... they will be back
Oh, I ain't saying Houston is bad. They are one of the better G5 schools if not at the top or damn close. Regardless of what our current UCF honk thinks.

Just a big leap from G5 to P5.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here, went to Jonesboro to meet a girlfriend's family.

Did not work out
I went to a "rave".

It was held in Fayetteville around '93ish if I recall correctly. A group of us from Tulsa went, as some dj's from here were booked at the event. Mostly gabber dj's...which is a vile form of music. They had inbred goth rave zombies there. Lots of good acid and nitrous though...those inbred goth rave zombies know how to party.

I never want to go back. I saw some things there that are better left unspoken of.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in 2019, after that though I doubt it. Lets look at how the Hogs would stack up against 2019 Big XII teams:

Oklahoma: Loss

Texas: Loss

Iowa St: Loss

Oklahoma State: Loss

W. Virginia: Loss

Baylor: Loss

TCU: Loss

Texas Tech: Coin flip really, new head coach there but, they have a good QB/offense. I would put money on Tech though.

Kansas State: Win. Again a new head coach (although the coach has four National Titles in FCS we will see how that translates to Power Five play though and how much Bill Snyder left him).

Kansas: Win even with a new coach there is a LOT of rebuilding to be done there.
yeah but with Portland State, San Jose State and Western Kentucky that could be a bowl

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but with Portland State, San Jose State and Western Kentucky that could be a bowl
Damn, it didn’t take long for Western Kentucky to fall from grace. :tsk: