• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's your late round guy?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
college coaches suck...that’s why they’re in college. :D

Why was Brady drafted 199th?
Why was Fred Jackson a walk on?

Hardman’s past is not my concern. His 2020 season with Pat Mahomes is my concern. He will have more of everything than Sammy Watkins...except ice bags and hot tubs.

:2cents:
come on....if you wanna say your banking on hardman being the 1 in abillion who defied the odds, then yeah use, brady and jackson as proof. But you know that for every brady theres 34500 other guys.......

Yes college coaches suck, but coaches play to win, pro's too........

Its also not like he had a shitty college coach........he had a big combine, and was athletic..

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on....if you wanna say your banking on hardman being the 1 in abillion who defied the odds, then yeah use, brady and jackson as proof. But you know that for every brady theres 34500 other guys.......

Yes college coaches suck, but coaches play to win, pro's too........

Its also not like he had a shitty college coach........he had a big combine, and was athletic..

just top of my head... Jackson one in a billion? I love Freddie, but that’s high praise.

Hardman is a good route runner, with good hands, and blazing speed. He’s 22. Maybe a late bloomer in the film room? Not sure. But I defer to the KC staff who drafted him, not the college staff who benched him. He is better than Sammy Watkins, and you’ll be hard pressed to find a higher Sammy fan than me.

but to stress the main point here.... “hype”? Has he been drafted in the top 75 in many drafts? I don’t see hype... only upside.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP (if you have Swift), Steven Sims, Darrel Williams, James Robinson and P. Williams (who you already mentioned). ... to name a few. They may not amount to much but in redraft they're worth a shot
I have Darrel Williams as my last pick on both of my money teams.............

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just top of my head... Jackson one in a billion? I love Freddie, but that’s high praise.

Hardman is a good route runner, with good hands, and blazing speed. He’s 22. Maybe a late bloomer in the film room? Not sure. But I defer to the KC staff who drafted him, not the college staff who benched him. He is better than Sammy Watkins, and you’ll be hard pressed to find a higher Sammy fan than me.

but to stress the main point here.... “hype”? Has he been drafted in the top 75 in many drafts? I don’t see hype... only upside.
ok fine.......hes been a mainstay sleeper on these boards, and many others.......gibson from wash was a hype sleeper......he wasnt going high until AP got cut.......

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok fine.......hes been a mainstay sleeper on these boards, and many others.......gibson from wash was a hype sleeper......he wasnt going high until AP got cut.......

I drafted Gibson at 1.4 in that new league Stomp invited me into... before the AP cut. (pats self on back)

Hyped... is Kyler Murray. People went gaga pretty quickly for him. He’s good, but I don’t see the gap value to buy in so early, like many seem to have done.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually draft whichever of Armstead, Ozigbo, and Robinson isn't taken yet in the last round, because I'm not really convinced any of them are any good and will keep the job. The only reason Fournette was good there last year was his insane amount of volume and none of them are going to get that, but as an 18th round flyer I'm okay with guessing. Chris Herndon is a big one for me. I own him in every league you have to own a tight end in.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drafted Gibson at 1.4 in that new league Stomp invited me into... before the AP cut. (pats self on back)

Hyped... is Kyler Murray. People went gaga pretty quickly for him. He’s good, but I don’t see the gap value to buy in so early, like many seem to have done.
4th overall?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the want to draft Hardman, I really do. But has the hype train gotten out of control? He's played four years of college and pro football, and here are his touch totals (most recent first): 30, 40, 33, and 0. He's been highly efficient on almost all of those touches, but at some point, you have to ask yourself why he's not getting more. Seriously, his efficiency last year was out of this world. Here are some stats for you from my 175 interesting facts from the 2019 football season article: - Among wide receivers who've seen at least 30 targets, Mecole Hardman's 13.1 yards per target ranks as the third-highest mark among wide receivers over the last 10 years. - Mecole Hardman averaged 2.77 PPR points per target in 2019, which ranked as the fourth-best mark among wide receivers over the last 10 years. Pretty nuts, right? I'm not arguing his efficiency at all. His performance last year was very Tyreek Hill-esque, and I could see him breaking out similarly to Hill, "if" Hill wasn't on the field with him. It certainly helps that the Chiefs are taking him off special teams to focus on offense, as that's the same thing they did with Hill a few years ago. Drafting him as a WR4/5 could be worth the reward but understand that he might be the No. 5 option in the passing game behind Hill, Travis Kelce, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, and Sammy Watkins. For a team that hasn't thrown the ball more than 583 times in Andy Reid's entire time in Kansas City, that directly impacts Hardman, even if he is uber efficient. If he starts playing more snaps than Watkins, that's when you'll see me completely buy in."

Im in agreement with this whole thing
He's my fifth receiver in one league and sixth in the other.

Note the title of this thread.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's my fifth receiver in one league and sixth in the other.

Note the title of this thread.
yeah i see it, merely posted someones comments on him. Note that I didnt say ppl were taking him high

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo Samuel, though he started to creep back up in the rankings once word got out he was gonna be ready for week 1. He was going real late until like a week and half ago.

Also like Hunter Renfrow in PPR leagues. Raiders gotta throw to someone and Waller ain't gonna be able to catch everything

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i see it, merely posted someones comments on him. Note that I didnt say ppl were taking him high
Harold is the earliest I've seen.

He took him two picks before I would've also. Lol.

In my main money league, I think I took him 12th (maybe it was 11th)before I took Kickers (have to take two) or a QB. (Two of those also)Right after I took Slayton, who is my fourth receiver. Yardage league. Also PPR, but a yard is a point.

I seriously think it has a chance to be one of the best picks I've ever made. If not, whatever, was my 12th pick.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo Samuel, though he started to creep back up in the rankings once word got out he was gonna be ready for week 1. He was going real late until like a week and half ago.

Also like Hunter Renfrow in PPR leagues. Raiders gotta throw to someone and Waller ain't gonna be able to catch everything
Renfrow is my regret, for leagues that drafted early.

PPR dreamboat that kid.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eifert
He reunites with Gruden in Jacksonville.
I think his best seasons were with Gruden.
And Gruden loves to use the TE.
He’s behind O’Shaghennesy currently

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Mike Reiss believes Patriots WR Damiere Byrd is the "top candidate" for the No. 3 role.
The Patriots like Byrd's fit as a deep threat behind Julian Edelman and N'Keal Harry. Byrd played with Cam Newton in Carolina and flashed over 11 games with the Cardinals last year. With Mohamed Sanu gone, Byrd should see snaps on the outside in three-wide sets.

homer pick