• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's your late round guy?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was just looking over my teams that all drafted over the last week.

I have Preston Williams in 4 out of 5 redraft leagues.
@Trudem taking him in BATG is the only one I missed.

not many WRs taken in that range have as good of top 20 potential as Williams, imo.

so, who were your "favorites" that you commonly snapped up late in drafts in hopes for a breakout?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't take a late round flier in my main league (unless you count Jerry Jeudy), but I did get Golden Tate in KOTF and Darius Slayton in Suicide. So, I guess I like the NYG WRs.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP (if you have Swift), Steven Sims, Darrel Williams, James Robinson and P. Williams (who you already mentioned). ... to name a few. They may not amount to much but in redraft they're worth a shot

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot about Darrell Williams, did grab a few shares of him too

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eifert
He reunites with Gruden in Jacksonville.
I think his best seasons were with Gruden.
And Gruden loves to use the TE.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a homer pick in Valdez Scantling -

Based on word out of camp he was the offensive player with the biggest training camp. He is in his 3rd year now with more experience, he is faster than hell and in the second year of the new Packer offense along with everyone else. He will clearly be the Packers #2 receiver and Rodgers has something to prove. I find it interesting that most fantasy rankings for week #1 on ranking QBs have Rodgers 15th to 20th. He feeds off the disrespect.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a homer pick in Valdez Scantling -

Based on word out of camp he was the offensive player with the biggest training camp. He is in his 3rd year now with more experience, he is faster than hell and in the second year of the new Packer offense along with everyone else. He will clearly be the Packers #2 receiver and Rodgers has something to prove. I find it interesting that most fantasy rankings for week #1 on ranking QBs have Rodgers 15th to 20th. He feeds off the disrespect.
He’s “looking great” every camp lol

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s “looking great” every camp lol

BUt this is better than previous years. In the other 2 camps he did not have the best training camp compared to all the other offensive players. His route running is drastically improved he is not just a deep down field threat anymore based on what he has shown.

Just warning you to keep an eye on him

Packers' Aaron Rodgers reveals the receiver that has impressed him most in training camp

Marquez Valdes-Scantling Looking to Take Breakout Training Camp into Season – National Sports Agency

Valdes-Scantling impressed Rodgers the most over the last week of Training Camp

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUt this is better than previous years. In the other 2 camps he did not have the best training camp compared to all the other offensive players. His route running is drastically improved he is not just a deep down field threat anymore based on what he has shown.

Just warning you to keep an eye on him

Packers' Aaron Rodgers reveals the receiver that has impressed him most in training camp

Marquez Valdes-Scantling Looking to Take Breakout Training Camp into Season – National Sports Agency

Valdes-Scantling impressed Rodgers the most over the last week of Training Camp
lol same stories last year...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was just looking over my teams that all drafted over the last week.

I have Preston Williams in 4 out of 5 redraft leagues.
@Trudem taking him in BATG is the only one I missed.

not many WRs taken in that range have as good of top 20 potential as Williams, imo.

so, who were your "favorites" that you commonly snapped up late in drafts in hopes for a breakout?

Mecole Hardman. I “reached” and got him everywhere possible.

Everyone thinks Mahomes will push 40 TD... rightfully so... Hardman habing 25% of them (like last year) isn’t crazy... I find it a given.

I’m all in.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone thinks Mahomes will push 40 TD... rightfully so... Hardman habing 25% of them (like last year) isn’t crazy... I find it a given.

I’m all in.
Only redraft I didn't get Hardman was Barbarians.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being where hes supposed to be running routes in practice, he is great. Being where Rodgers wants/expects him to be on game day has thus far been two VERY different things
exactly, he was the rage last off season. Which means he probably will dominate this year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m all in.
I understand the want to draft Hardman, I really do. But has the hype train gotten out of control? He's played four years of college and pro football, and here are his touch totals (most recent first): 30, 40, 33, and 0. He's been highly efficient on almost all of those touches, but at some point, you have to ask yourself why he's not getting more. Seriously, his efficiency last year was out of this world. Here are some stats for you from my 175 interesting facts from the 2019 football season article: - Among wide receivers who've seen at least 30 targets, Mecole Hardman's 13.1 yards per target ranks as the third-highest mark among wide receivers over the last 10 years. - Mecole Hardman averaged 2.77 PPR points per target in 2019, which ranked as the fourth-best mark among wide receivers over the last 10 years. Pretty nuts, right? I'm not arguing his efficiency at all. His performance last year was very Tyreek Hill-esque, and I could see him breaking out similarly to Hill, "if" Hill wasn't on the field with him. It certainly helps that the Chiefs are taking him off special teams to focus on offense, as that's the same thing they did with Hill a few years ago. Drafting him as a WR4/5 could be worth the reward but understand that he might be the No. 5 option in the passing game behind Hill, Travis Kelce, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, and Sammy Watkins. For a team that hasn't thrown the ball more than 583 times in Andy Reid's entire time in Kansas City, that directly impacts Hardman, even if he is uber efficient. If he starts playing more snaps than Watkins, that's when you'll see me completely buy in."

Im in agreement with this whole thing

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the want to draft Hardman, I really do. But has the hype train gotten out of control? He's played four years of college and pro football, and here are his touch totals (most recent first): 30, 40, 33, and 0. He's been highly efficient on almost all of those touches, but at some point, you have to ask yourself why he's not getting more. Seriously, his efficiency last year was out of this world. Here are some stats for you from my 175 interesting facts from the 2019 football season article: - Among wide receivers who've seen at least 30 targets, Mecole Hardman's 13.1 yards per target ranks as the third-highest mark among wide receivers over the last 10 years. - Mecole Hardman averaged 2.77 PPR points per target in 2019, which ranked as the fourth-best mark among wide receivers over the last 10 years. Pretty nuts, right? I'm not arguing his efficiency at all. His performance last year was very Tyreek Hill-esque, and I could see him breaking out similarly to Hill, "if" Hill wasn't on the field with him. It certainly helps that the Chiefs are taking him off special teams to focus on offense, as that's the same thing they did with Hill a few years ago. Drafting him as a WR4/5 could be worth the reward but understand that he might be the No. 5 option in the passing game behind Hill, Travis Kelce, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, and Sammy Watkins. For a team that hasn't thrown the ball more than 583 times in Andy Reid's entire time in Kansas City, that directly impacts Hardman, even if he is uber efficient. If he starts playing more snaps than Watkins, that's when you'll see me completely buy in."

Im in agreement with this whole thing

What hype? I’m “reaching” in the 7th.
Watkins is not a problem...if he ever stays healthy.
If Hill gets dinged... boom!

If all three are healthy, he is still catching passes from the best QB on the best offense. His snaps will increase from last year.

This is a no brainer for me.

Look at the WR being drafted in the 4-6 round range. Half of them were FA adds last year.

I’m very happy the hype have been whispers.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What hype? I’m “reaching” in the 7th.
Watkins is not a problem...if he ever stays healthy.
If Hill gets dinged... boom!

If all three are healthy, he is still catching passes from the best QB on the best offense. His snaps will increase from last year.

This is a no brainer for me.

Look at the WR being drafted in the 4-6 round range. Half of them were FA adds last year.

I’m very happy the hype have been whispers.
i quoted someone....

but still including college, why not more touches?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i quoted someone....

but still including college, why not more touches?

college coaches suck...that’s why they’re in college. :D

Why was Brady drafted 199th?
Why was Fred Jackson a walk on?

Hardman’s past is not my concern. His 2020 season with Pat Mahomes is my concern. He will have more of everything than Sammy Watkins...except ice bags and hot tubs.

:2cents: