• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's the Bears rising star?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, a diversity of opinions as to who our top up-n-comer will be.

Chicago Bears Superlative Predictions for 2019: Who is the rising star?

My money goes on Roquan. Yes, he's already a star, but not yet quite recognized for the great ILB that he will become after this season draws to a conclusion, especially now that he's had a full camp & preseason under his belt, which was missing last year. Lots of young talent coming up on this team who could very well fit the bill, but to me he's the creme de la creme.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another vote here for Quan :)

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wims is on the rise. Edit: Not so sure how folks think a first round pick us on the "rise".

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a lot of young guys on the rise. This is a great time in Bears history. I could pick 5 guys and feel good about all 5.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wims is on the rise. Edit: Not so sure how folks think a first round pick us on the "rise".

How does getting selected in the first round make you a "star" player? Kevin White was selected in the first round too. Roquan has not proven himself to be a star player yet. That's pretty obvious.

The question wasn't whose the biggest "sleeper" to become a star.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does getting selected in the first round make you a "star" player? Kevin White was selected in the first round too. Roquan has not proven himself to be a star player yet. That's pretty obvious.

The question wasn't whose the biggest "sleeper" to become a star.
My thought was a first round pick comes with certain expectations. The fact a 7th round pick is looking good has me intrigued. To my thinking he has risen the most and could in fact become a decent NFL wr, a star on the Bears team. Not sure in Nagy land any RB or Wr will be a Star ( star by NFL standards) as all seem to play by committee. If by star your talking top 5 in the league at a position then all I see on the Bears Team would be Hicks, Mack, Smith, Jackson and perhaps last years version of Fuller.

Edit: richig07 if you're going to be miffed about something start a thread on Sports illustrated's article saying the Bears will finish dead last in the NFC North.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI has the Bears going 7-9 this year??? Holy shit, they must be closet Packer fans.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never say never...but if we went sub .500 something went horribly, horribly wrong. I miss old SI and ESPN...Now it's just clickbait shark-jumping garbage.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought was a first round pick comes with certain expectations. The fact a 7th round pick is looking good has me intrigued. To my thinking he has risen the most and could in fact become a decent NFL wr, a star on the Bears team. Not sure in Nagy land any RB or Wr will be a Star ( star by NFL standards) as all seem to play by committee. If by star your talking top 5 in the league at a position then all I see on the Bears Team would be Hicks, Mack, Smith, Jackson and perhaps last years version of Fuller.

Edit: richig07 if you're going to be miffed about something start a thread on Sports illustrated's article saying the Bears will finish dead last in the NFC North.

Sure... comes with expectations. It does not give them the benefit of the doubt towards having already met those expectations. He still needs to do that. He's still a rising, developing young player.

This doesn't miff me like somebody saying we should finish last in the division. lol However, it definitely "miffs" me in the way that I can't see where the logic connects. Smith may be more likely to "rise". However, that doesn't mean he's already "risen". He was good last year, but he ain't there yet. I think he becomes an elite LB this season.

Wims is a great candidate to come out of nowhere and contribute this season, by the way. No problem with the pick. The problem is with saying that the response of "Roquan" should be voided based on his first round draft selection.

It's a petty ass thing to debate, I get that. But it's 10 days until the season. I'm on edge. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI has the Bears going 7-9 this year??? Holy shit, they must be closet Packer fans.

They just want to be trending on Twitter for a few hours. That's all...

For antiquated outlets like SI - this is all they have left.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure... comes with expectations. It does not give them the benefit of the doubt towards having already met those expectations. He still needs to do that. He's still a rising, developing young player.

This doesn't miff me like somebody saying we should finish last in the division. lol However, it definitely "miffs" me in the way that I can't see where the logic connects. Smith may be more likely to "rise". However, that doesn't mean he's already "risen". He was good last year, but he ain't there yet. I think he becomes an elite LB this season.

Wims is a great candidate to come out of nowhere and contribute this season, by the way. No problem with the pick. The problem is with saying that the response of "Roquan" should be voided based on his first round draft selection.

It's a petty ass thing to debate, I get that. But it's 10 days until the season. I'm on edge. lol
Tell me about it. I'm not going to a bare naked ladies/ Hootie and the Blowfish concert on the 5th cause of the Bears/Packers game.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we're talking about guys who become stars who aren't already, which sorta rules out a lot of guys like Mack, Hicks, Fuller and Jackson.

Roquon is the best candidate on defense, followed by Bilal Nichols, IMO. You'll notice he didn't play in preseason while Bullard/RRH did, and that tells you how important he is. He has the look of a young Tommie Harris, which playing alongside Hicks and Goldman and Mack, he could wreak havoc on opposing offenses.

Breakout stars on offense: the list is topped by Trubisky. If he takes a nice step forward, the team will win a lot of games and the weapons we have will look that much better. Somewhat dependent on him is Anthony Miller, who has a little Antonio Brown in him with how he plays and approaches the game (without the diva, so far anyway). If he can stay healthy and Trubisky can get him the ball then he could easily turn out to be our best receiver.