• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who you have for the top TE 2019 and beyond?

Who's your top TE in 2019 and beyond?

• Kelce

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Ertz

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Kittle

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce in the short term, absolutely. I believe KC had, like, the fourth highest offense in NFL history last year? Something like that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce almost 30, Kittle 25..sure it plays a factor, but unless your planning for more than 2-3 years ahead..a small factor. In which case grab Fant or Hockensin or Irv Smith as your #2
Think that a judgement call,personally feel players start having injuries at 30.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do, for sure, seems like TE, in general,is a little more resilient than WR or RB though. Perhaps the fact they're in the trenches, they don't mind a little sand in the vagina as much as others??

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree to grab a rookie TE.
A lot of 'em come out of college hyped as the next Gronk.
And yet only 3 are really worth drafting in the first few rounds.
The TE scrap heap is huge.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree to grab a rookie TE.
A lot of 'em come out of college hyped as the next Gronk.
And yet only 3 are really worth drafting in the first few rounds.
The TE scrap heap is huge.
I only meant as a TE2, once Kelce gets old, hopefully they've developed. I wouldn't advocate a rookie TE as your weekly starter either

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to make a case for Kittle. Here's a little something I nab from another site.

Most receiving yard ever in a season for a TE

-Most YAC in the NFL in 2018. First ever TE to do so.

-Most YAC by a TE ever

-49er's franchise record for yards in a season by a TE ever (only Rice and Owens had more receiving yards from ANY 49er)

-PFF overall grade of 89.8. Highest of all TE's (for those of you that put stock in PFF's metrics)

-2018 second team all pro (behind only Kelce as first teamer)

-2nd highest yards per route run behind only Julio Jones

-Highest yards per reception among TE's in 2018

-Most avoided tackles by a TE in 2018

Sky's the limit for him. In dynasty he's a slam dunk for me at his age vs the other two.

Thoughts?

I was actually going to mention Kittle myself. There's another three reasons to like him a lot:

(1) If Jimmy Garoppolo comes back full strength and produces at a level near the contract he received, the 49ers passing game should be substantially boosted which means more yardage and touchdowns for Kittle.

(2) No reason to think he won't continue to improve going into his third year.

(3) There are obvious reasons to pick Zach Ertz or Travis Kelce, but if you're talking about "2019 and beyond" Kittle is going into his third season while Ertz and Kelce are going into their 7th, so he does have better long-term value for keeper leagues.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the Kittle bandwagon here for dynasty purposes. Yes, his quarterback was out and yes there weren't any other good options at wide receiver last year, but forget all that crap. It's not like that never happens in the league. Kittle put up those numbers because he's really good at football. Don't you think the teams they were playing knew he was only good receiving option last year? Yes they did and he was double covered a lot and still put up those numbers. I think we get way too caught up in the various different circumstances that led to a guy having a good season and overlook the fact that he might just be a really good football player and I think that's the case with Kittle.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the Kittle bandwagon here for dynasty purposes. Yes, his quarterback was out and yes there weren't any other good options at wide receiver last year, but forget all that crap. It's not like that never happens in the league. Kittle put up those numbers because he's really good at football. Don't you think the teams they were playing knew he was only good receiving option last year? Yes they did and he was double covered a lot and still put up those numbers. I think we get way too caught up in the various different circumstances that led to a guy having a good season and overlook the fact that he might just be a really good football player and I think that's the case with Kittle.
You contributed to me thinking Kittle was the TE to have in dynasty.:thumb:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kittle, Kittle , Kittle get on the bandwagon before it's to late and you end up with Trey Burton as your TE,:dhd:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz getting no love what so ever.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure defenses knew he was the only option, they also thought they knew that given the QB options, running was much more likely than throwing, and when your safeties and linebackers are looking run first, it doesn't take much for a great athlete to crush them on the right play call in the right situations.

I'm not saying the dude ain't great, but, honestly, half his good plays, he wasn't even covered because his man was so far out of position

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As great as Kittle played, SF won 4 games. Might be dangerous to think a team won't change its offense simply because 1 player played well.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kelce would put up better numbers with Mahomes backup, following that line of thought. I don't think so.
I agree Harold. Kelce has been great and he had a great qb, rb, and offence. Kittle getting a better qb and wrs should only help kittle not hurt him.

Plus kittle will be soaring with confidence this off season and will probably be putting in more work to get even better.

Kittle for me.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the complete list of ALL tight ends with more than 1300 yards going back to 1990.
Four TE in nearly 30 years.
If anyone thinks Kittle will improve or do better... :crazy:

TE from 1990 to 2018 with more than 1300 yards.png

Not saying he won't be a better-than-average TE.
Tough to improve on career numbers.
Especially since his entire team including his QB was hurt last season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the complete list of ALL tight ends with more than 1300 yards going back to 1990.
Four TE in nearly 30 years.
If anyone thinks Kittle will improve or do better... :crazy:

View attachment 208038

Not saying he won't be a better-than-average TE.
Tough to improve on career numbers.
Especially since his entire team including his QB was hurt last season.
Joe ,yardage will likely go down some, maybe targets, however think it's reasonable to expect TDs to go up and more then off set that.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe ,yardage will likely go down some, maybe targets, however think it's reasonable to expect TDs to go up and more then off set that.
Let me preface this by saying, yes, I agree that out of the entire TE field, Kittle is definitely top 3.

I think I've annoyingly pointed out that everyone on the Niners comes back. So even if his career highs will be tough to repeat, the fact that McKinnon, Pettis and Goodwin are back with new talent Coleman... Kittle had 25% of the targets without those guys last season. Doesn't this worry anyone? It's not like the Niners offense will be able to make more targets for Kittle per game - not with the other mouths to feed.

But since this discussion, I've also been looking at other stats of his.
Someone mentioned more TD for Kittle... You may want to note that Breida (18.1%) and Alf Morris (17.4%) had more redzone opportunities last year than Kittle (12.8%). Add in the wrinkle that Coleman was a redzone monster for the Falcons last year (21.4%).

:2cents: My take is Kittle has over 1000 yards. His TD hover in the half-dozen range.
All of this is below what most fantasy owners are expecting of him.
Also, Kittle had a monster 210-yard game. I wouldn't expect that again. Ever.
Without that game, Kittle has Zach Ertz type numbers but with less TD.
Half of Kittle's games last year he had 7 fantasy points or lower (standard scoring).

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.I ain't shittin, I high percentage of these, there is literally no one covering this guy due to LB's and safeties playing run. Another large chunk, he technically being covered, especially the Broncos (210yds)..Christ almighty its like they forgot he was even in the field..., but they're not close at all, the rest...he's a friggin impressive dude, no doubts.
And you can bet you last shiny nickel, the D coordinators have been studying how that happened all off season, and will be changing up the game plans.

As Joe stated, I'm in agreement, he's no doubt gonna be top 3 production, and there might be a little room for improvement in TD's, but anyone expecting bigger numbers..its like assuming Mahommes will improve on his 50 TD's

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone mentioned more TD for Kittle... You may want to note that Breida (18.1%) and Alf Morris (17.4%) had more redzone opportunities last year than Kittle (12.8%)

Kittle merits more red zone looks then he got last season and the 49ers most likely will have more red zones opportunities with their starter back.

My take is Kittle has over 1000 yards. His TD hover in the half-dozen range.

I'd put money on it that he ends up with double digits TDs this year.

Course 9 out of 12 long balls thrown to him were uncatchable last season, I could see more long balls this season and hopefully more accurate. 210 is a bit much to hope for though. He did have 2 games with only 4 targets so it balances out. :2cents:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface this by saying, yes, I agree that out of the entire TE field, Kittle is definitely top 3.

I think I've annoyingly pointed out that everyone on the Niners comes back. So even if his career highs will be tough to repeat, the fact that McKinnon, Pettis and Goodwin are back with new talent Coleman... Kittle had 25% of the targets without those guys last season. Doesn't this worry anyone? It's not like the Niners offense will be able to make more targets for Kittle per game - not with the other mouths to feed.

But since this discussion, I've also been looking at other stats of his.
Someone mentioned more TD for Kittle... You may want to note that Breida (18.1%) and Alf Morris (17.4%) had more redzone opportunities last year than Kittle (12.8%). Add in the wrinkle that Coleman was a redzone monster for the Falcons last year (21.4%).

:2cents: My take is Kittle has over 1000 yards. His TD hover in the half-dozen range.
All of this is below what most fantasy owners are expecting of him.
Without that game, Kittle has Zach Ertz type numbers but with less TD.
Half of Kittle's games last year he had 7 fantasy points or lower (standard scoring).

If Kittle has 1100 yards and 6 touchdowns, I'm not so sure that will be less than owners of him are expecting. That's still a monster year for a tight end. If he has 75 catches to go with that, that's still 221 fantasy points which would have put him 4th last year in PPR only behind Kelce, Ertz, and Eric Ebron. But also, only 5 tight ends scored more than 163 points last year, which means even if he scores 221 next year, that will still be 58 more points than half of the fantasy starting tight ends in the league. I'll take that any day and yes I think that advantage makes him worth taking in the 2nd or 3rd round of dynasty fantasy drafts. Will it make him #1? It all depends on Ertz and Kelce, but this thread was for the future also and the 5 years younger he is more than makes him a better pick that either of the other two. I'm not saying he will be better this year or even next year than Kelce or Ertz, but I think he surpasses them in three years and stays elite for another 4 and that's why I'd take him over the other two in dynasty.