• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who We Are.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to find out.

KC offense scoring 2 points more per game.
Can Hoyer throw a 5 yard pass?
Can the 31 rushing team run the ball?

KC defense giving up 2 points less per game.
Can we play better defense?
Does Cam play defense?

Preseason is over. Time to roll!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DEFENSE:

3. New England Patriots (LW: 10)​

It turns out, New England’s struggles on defense might have just been the result of racing an MVP-caliber quarterback playing at an absurd level. The Patriots shut down Las Vegas’ passing attack on Sunday, paving the way to another victory. A battle against Patrick Mahomes and Co. will be another huge test for New England in Week 4. Admittedly, a slide down the rankings next week might be looming, if the game is played. The game on Sunday has been postponed because of a COVID-19 outbreak on the Patriots.

This week they go up against the #1 Offense.

OFFENSE

8. New England Patriots (LW ??)

12. Kansas City Chiefs Defense (LW: 16)​

Kansas City held the Ravens’ offense to 10 points in the first half, which in itself speaks volumes about this group. We knew the offense would be the best in the NFL, but some losses in the secondary made the defense an area of concern. The talent and speed from the Chiefs’ defenders are standing out. When you pair this defense with Patrick Mahomes and Co., it’s difficult to see anyone beating the Chiefs.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to find out.

Does Cam play defense?

It has a multiplication affect. Instead being a 2 + 2 advantage for KC, it's more like 2 * 2..

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to find out.

Does Cam play defense?

The biggest question...WTF with Stiddy????

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to find out.

Does Cam play defense?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it appears, we still have omething but we don't have resilliance......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I saw today is a team that's tossed in the towel.

Cam came here looking to revive a career that should be declared officially dead.
Edelman isn't even here. He's somewhere else. He never even attempted to catch the pass that was intercepted and turned and started walking while the guy who made the pick is starting upfield.
At the end, Stidham is a sacrificial lamb. Thuney, Wynn and Herron are out of the game and Stidham is a sitting duck.\

It will be a miracle if this team wins two more games if it stays this way.

I think the smart thing to do is burn this house down. The trade deadline is in 9 days. Trade any offensive player that anyone will give draft picks.

Edelman, Harry, Thuney, Wynn. White, Michel and the one defensive player that should get a 2nd rounder, Gilmore.

Cut Cam Newton.

Give Stidham a start, don't keep bringing him in the fourth quarter when the team is completely defeated and expect him to perform. If he fails as a starter, then you know that you have to pick up a free agent and/or draft a QB. Get some help drafting offensive skill players.

Mistakes have been made. Don't compound them. Move on......NOW!!!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching some of the post games shows and trying not to lose my breakfast.

The more I watch, the more I think I'm seeing something that no one has thought about..................................

Cam Newton is not an accurate passer.On the occasions this year, Julian Edelman has tipped passes that have been intercepted. One of them was a straight up muff that went through his hands. The other two were the result reaching behind him and trying to pull in a ball that was not within his reach. That was the first interception and Edelman tackled the DB that caught the ball. I watched the second one yesterday and I originally bitch the JE never went for the ball. Watching it again, he was nearly twenty five yards down field. Edelman is not a sideline speedster and his job on that play was to clear the DB and draw a safety over the top. That play is specifically designed to throw the ball to the TE cutting into the open zone that JE just cleared. Newton either had a serious brain fart or doesn't know the plays he's calling.

That says more than his horrible play. It says that the Wide Receivers don't trust him because they're not sure what he going to do. He set up N'Keal Harry for a direct hit and he'll probably be in the Concussion Protocol for the next two weeks.

If BB decides this is the best he's got and refuses to shitcan all three QBs and trade for someone's backup, then we're proably going to be at the bottom of the NFL bucket for the next few years. Right now I'd be willing to bet anything that BB could get Ryan Fitzpatrick from the Dolphins for a 4th round pick and the Patriots could finish this season no worse than 9-7 or maybe 10-6. But this is where his ego will keep him from doing something drastic. He'd rather keep trying to move around and sleep in a shit stained bed than change the sheets.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I saw today is a team that's tossed in the towel.

Cam came here looking to revive a career that should be declared officially dead.
Edelman isn't even here. He's somewhere else. He never even attempted to catch the pass that was intercepted and turned and started walking while the guy who made the pick is starting upfield.
At the end, Stidham is a sacrificial lamb. Thuney, Wynn and Herron are out of the game and Stidham is a sitting duck.\

It will be a miracle if this team wins two more games if it stays this way.

I think the smart thing to do is burn this house down. The trade deadline is in 9 days. Trade any offensive player that anyone will give draft picks.

Edelman, Harry, Thuney, Wynn. White, Michel and the one defensive player that should get a 2nd rounder, Gilmore.

Cut Cam Newton.

Give Stidham a start, don't keep bringing him in the fourth quarter when the team is completely defeated and expect him to perform. If he fails as a starter, then you know that you have to pick up a free agent and/or draft a QB. Get some help drafting offensive skill players.

Mistakes have been made. Don't compound them. Move on......NOW!!!!

Watching some of the post games shows and trying not to lose my breakfast.

The more I watch, the more I think I'm seeing something that no one has thought about..................................

Cam Newton is not an accurate passer.On the occasions this year, Julian Edelman has tipped passes that have been intercepted. One of them was a straight up muff that went through his hands. The other two were the result reaching behind him and trying to pull in a ball that was not within his reach. That was the first interception and Edelman tackled the DB that caught the ball. I watched the second one yesterday and I originally bitch the JE never went for the ball. Watching it again, he was nearly twenty five yards down field. Edelman is not a sideline speedster and his job on that play was to clear the DB and draw a safety over the top. That play is specifically designed to throw the ball to the TE cutting into the open zone that JE just cleared. Newton either had a serious brain fart or doesn't know the plays he's calling.

That says more than his horrible play. It says that the Wide Receivers don't trust him because they're not sure what he going to do. He set up N'Keal Harry for a direct hit and he'll probably be in the Concussion Protocol for the next two weeks.

If BB decides this is the best he's got and refuses to shitcan all three QBs and trade for someone's backup, then we're proably going to be at the bottom of the NFL bucket for the next few years. Right now I'd be willing to bet anything that BB could get Ryan Fitzpatrick from the Dolphins for a 4th round pick and the Patriots could finish this season no worse than 9-7 or maybe 10-6. But this is where his ego will keep him from doing something drastic. He'd rather keep trying to move around and sleep in a shit stained bed than change the sheets.
While I agree everything you write above has merit, I just can't see the situations as black and white. The one thing that BB has demonstrated through the years is decisions (all decisions) are directed toward "what is best for the team". Sometimes that's based relative to an immediate situation and others based on the long term. Giving Stidham play time could be for long term benefit and not a preview for upcoming weeks.

Going the the black and white theme, we don't know why Cam is playing poorly. Some of it may be the team being out of sync still (Brady had periods like that too, including the time he "fell off the cliff" in 2014) or it could be Cam can't execute an "option" offense other than an RPO type offense.

Going back to the "best for the team" theme, we really don't know why Cam was in the spring, or is now, "what is best for the team". It could have been a one and down deal to give Stid more time to mature (and a value piece to gain (a) draft pick(s) on his way out. We don't know because BB doesn't tell us...

Finally, how do you think BB "not telling us" has worked out for the past 20 years? I'm not saying you shouldn't want to know, just that you are not entitled to know. Without all the data that Bill prepares and uses we don't have any way to reach accurate conclusions. We have two choices: trust BB and complain; or demand a new coach.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree everything you write above has merit, I just can't see the situations as black and white. The one thing that BB has demonstrated through the years is decisions (all decisions) are directed toward "what is best for the team". Sometimes that's based relative to an immediate situation and others based on the long term. Giving Stidham play time could be for long term benefit and not a preview for upcoming weeks.

Going the the black and white theme, we don't know why Cam is playing poorly. Some of it may be the team being out of sync still (Brady had periods like that too, including the time he "fell off the cliff" in 2014) or it could be Cam can't execute an "option" offense other than an RPO type offense.

Going back to the "best for the team" theme, we really don't know why Cam was in the spring, or is now, "what is best for the team". It could have been a one and down deal to give Stid more time to mature (and a value piece to gain (a) draft pick(s) on his way out. We don't know because BB doesn't tell us...

Finally, how do you think BB "not telling us" has worked out for the past 20 years? I'm not saying you shouldn't want to know, just that you are not entitled to know. Without all the data that Bill prepares and uses we don't have any way to reach accurate conclusions. We have two choices: trust BB and complain; or demand a new coach.
Reasons for something are acceptable. Excuses are not.

Reasons for something not working correctly can be repaired or parts replaced. Excuses are admitting to not knowing a reason for something or accepting them as they are and not fixing them.

Cam has not passed or ran well at all. He like that old say say, "What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting a different result.

His stats yesterday: 9-15 98 yards 0 TD 3 INT 39.7 QB Rating

For the season he has 2 TD and 7 INTs and his performance has gone down every week.

As far as BB "not telling" us anything, I don't care. I want him to do something and show "What's best for the team". Doing nothing isn't working and if he can't do anything, that's one reason. If he won't do anything, that's an excuse. I trust him if he has reasons, It's time to go if he starts making excuses.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was awful.
I'll be looking to get a "Just wait until next year" T shirt for the Pats like the Red Sox one.
But I'll still watch every game no matter how bad they play.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something interesting....................................NFL released the stats for the top 40 Quarterbacks for the month of October.

#40 - Jarrett Stidham
#39 - Cam Newton

#1 - Tom Brady 66.7 Completion 1150 yards 12 TDs 1 INT
Brady iis not getting along with Mike Evans and is shutting him out on the field and that's why Antonio Brown was signed by Brady.

Mike Evans had oner target and one catch for 17 yards two weeks ago and two twgets and two cstches ladt week for thirty seven yards/ Brady, the ''team'' guy is shutting out a a six time all pro wide receiver with more than 6000 yards receiving over the past six years.

Think the Bucs would trade him straight up for James White??

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam NEVER could really throw the ball and the last few games when he has thrown it looks like his arm is falling off.

Maybe, its rust with a new team but he certainly isn't worthy of a contract.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilmore had an MRI today. That isn't done unless there's a known injury that must be looked at or another team or teams are demanding it be done before they make a trade offer. Per Phil Perry NBC Sports Boston.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Patriots CB Stephon Gilmore "tweaked" his knee at Thursday's practice.​

Gilmore's MRI ruled out structural damage. The injury is considered minor, but Gilmore's status for Week 8 now looks in danger. The Patriots may not want to risk a setback with Gilmore, who could be moved ahead of next week's trade deadline.