• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who the heck is Andrew Cashner?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually liked what Josh Byrnes was doing this offseason before this trade. Rizzo & Cates a pitching prospect to the Cubs for Cashner & a South Korean outfielder who just turned 20 & I have absolutely no idea how to spell or pronounce his name.

All I can say right now about this is WTF??

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashner is an awesome pitching prospect. He has a awesome 98+ MPH fastball and his slider is decent. If he can develop a third money pitch, he could easily be an MLB all-star. I've seen him pitch twice. One was a 7 inning, 1 hitter in 2009 with the Tennesse Smokies (AA), and one was a simple inning of relief in 2010 against Houston. I was really impressed with both. He was poised for a breakout season this year before he got injured, and i'm pretty angry that the Cubs traded him away. Ten years from now, the Cubs will look like absolute idiots for this trade. San Diego got a guy who will be a solid #2 starter or an elite closer for years to come.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashner is an awesome pitching prospect. He has a awesome 98+ MPH fastball and his slider is decent. If he can develop a third money pitch, he could easily be an MLB all-star. I've seen him pitch twice. One was a 7 inning, 1 hitter in 2009 with the Tennesse Smokies (AA), and one was a simple inning of relief in 2010 against Houston. I was really impressed with both. He was poised for a breakout season this year before he got injured, and i'm pretty angry that the Cubs traded him away. Ten years from now, the Cubs will look like absolute idiots for this trade. San Diego got a guy who will be a solid #2 starter or an elite closer for years to come.

I hope you're right about Cashner. I'm a bit concerned about him coming off a rotator cuff injury even though he did return late in the year. Apparently he's been working on a change up. Rizzo has the potential to be a 30 HR guy. Cates was a 3rd round pick a couple of years ago. He went 4-10 at Low Class A Fort Wayne last year. His ERA was 4.58.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashner is a stud. I am bamboozled as to why the Cubs traded him. With the youth movement it makes no sense to trade away one of the best young pitching prospects in all of baseball even for a guy as good as Rizzo. Pitching is where the Cubs need the most help. Strange.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see what the Padres do with Cashner. Bullpen or Starter. If he can develop the change up he might be a starter. The absolute worse case scenario is setup man. Which would be fine by me. The Pads need some help in the pen after trading Adams & losing Bell.