• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who should be the Lakers next HC?

Who should the Lakers hire as their next HC?

• Green eggs and Ham

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Gatlin Gun Atkinson

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Mr Generic Stotts

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Mr Potato head Tater salad

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogel was more than a scapegoat. He is also too dedicated to an outdated model of the NBA and hasn't shown much flexibility or ability to adjust until things were too far gone this year. He was never the intended candidate, instead a fallback option when the Lue hiring fell through.

It's a bit early to say if Jeanie is overly loyal to Pelinka, hired mid-season in 2017. Only this last season showed any questionable moves like the abundance of elder players and the Westbrook trade (whomever you want to pin that on, whether its Pelinka, Lebron/AD/Klutch, everyone, the Celtics, etc). It's not because of Kobe, but more because he's a familiar face because he was around so much as Kobe's agent. Not surprisingly, new head coach Darvin Ham was formerly an assistant with the Lakers.

I forgot that Vogel wasn't the first choice.

Here's how I break the blame up for the Lakers lost season.

It all starts at the top, so that mean Jeannie. There's no way the GM can't share some of the blame for the disappointing season. And of course LeBron deserves some blame as well.

So it should be spread equally between all three.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have another disappointing season, Lebron may not be around to blame (or he will be blamed on his way out the door). I don't expect this front office to get fixed unless Pelinka/Ham can unite and push their will beyond the influence of the Rambi/Magic/Phil in her ear.

Next season will be very interesting for the Lakers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been so much turnover year to year that there's never a dull moment...

No doubt about it. Certainly not the stability they had during Showtime or the Kobe/Shaq era.

But I do fully expect things to get better sooner rather than later. They rolled the dice this season on an aging but very experienced roster. On paper I'm sure it seemed good before the season started.

I thought the trio of LeBron/ AD/ Westbrook when it was first announced was gonna be tough to stop. Nobody could have predicted how things worked out.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find rather interesting is the Lakers are giving Ham full autonomy to choose his staff and I am sure in other areas as well. This autonomy Vogel did NOT have. Team Rambi, Harris, and Magic were regulating Vogel's nearly every move including Kurt Rambis sitting in on team meetings BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER games.

That kind of insanity would hamstring any coach and yet these same douchebags had the temerity to then turn around and fire Vogel at the end of the season, essentially making him the fall guy for their douchebaggery. Perhaps, giving Ham full autonomy is a result of that FO and ownership finally realizing they effed-this-whole-thing-up from the get-go.

Maybe they recognize that, maybe they don't. What is certain is they sure as hell would not admit it in public if they did because, as with the icon and others, Jeanie had her merry band of FO douchebags now communicate only using twitter and Instagram. They don't do face-to-face anymore.

Vogel found out he was fired on Twitter the same as the Icon found-out about his loss of season tickets privileges. Pretty pathetic, gutless behavior for a supposed league-leading franchise, IMO!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find rather interesting is the Lakers are giving Ham full autonomy to choose his staff and I am sure in other areas as well. This autonomy Vogel did NOT have. Team Rambi, Harris, and Magic were regulating Vogel's nearly every move including Kurt Rambis sitting in on team meetings BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER games.

That kind of insanity would hamstring any coach and yet these same douchebags had the temerity to then turn around and fire Vogel at the end of the season, essentially making him the fall guy for their douchebaggery. Perhaps, giving Ham full autonomy is a result of that FO and ownership finally realizing they effed-this-whole-thing-up from the get-go.

Maybe they recognize that, maybe they don't. What is certain is they sure as hell would not admit it in public if they did because, as with the icon and others, Jeanie had her merry band of FO douchebags now communicate only using twitter and Instagram. They don't do face-to-face anymore.

Vogel found out he was fired on Twitter the same as the Icon found-out about his loss of season tickets privileges. Pretty pathetic, gutless behavior for a supposed league-leading franchise, IMO!

You're really Bill Plaschke, aren't you?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slim Shady

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hallelujah!

Never understood that after it came out. Even if he was just observing or making good suggestions...it's called a coaches meeting for a reason...if you're not a coach...you don't belong there.

I get that he's an adviser, some organizations have someone in a similar role (I think that has been The Logo's role in a couple of organizations). But I don't think any of them were sitting in on coaches meetings.