• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Needed Who? (Brady/Belichick/Bucs/Pats Discussion)

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its objectively more relevant than you stating Tom Brady as the MVP

No, that was the point. MVP shouldn't just be about stats or wins and loses. It's about the player that's comparatively the most valuable guy to a team. Brady turned a losing franchise into a winning one. That's more valuable than having the best stats, imo.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea just barely but chiefs lost to the friggen raiders :suds:
I've been pretty open about Brady being the GOAT for awhile now. But Patriots fans should see this as what it is - Brady picked the best situation he could find in football to get another Ring and now he is one game away.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that was the point. MVP shouldn't just be about stats or wins and loses. It's about the player that's comparatively the most valuable guy to a team. Brady turned a losing franchise into a winning one. That's more valuable than having the best stats, imo.
sadly it never is
the mvp should be both cause without them neither team makes the SB

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the difference between Brady and Belichick, imo.

Belichick changed the game of football but other coaches can copy what Belichick did for the most part. So Belichick has to be constantly innovating to remain the best and as great as he is at some point the odds are against everyone.

Brady is the best ever against Zone coverage. He knows your Zone defense better than the defense, knows the timing, the spots, and executes like a machine. You have to run Man against him but when his teams have weapons that can't be covered one on one (Gronk, Mike Evans, etc) then you really can't stop him. There is no innovating needed. Just basic roster maintenance.

Brady actually had some old man throws that should have cost him against the Packers. Bucs as a team stepped up. I feel like in the past, Brady wouldn't win a game like the NFCCG with how he played.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the difference between Brady and Belichick, imo.

Belichick changed the game of football but other coaches can copy what Belichick did for the most part. So Belichick has to be constantly innovating to remain the best and as great as he is at some point the odds are against everyone.

Brady is the best ever against Zone coverage. He knows your Zone defense better than the defense, knows the timing, the spots, and executes like a machine. You have to run Man against him but when his teams have weapons that can't be covered one on one (Gronk, Mike Evans, etc) then you really can't stop him. There is no innovating needed. Just basic roster maintenance.

Brady actually had some old man throws that should have cost him against the Packers. Bucs as a team stepped up. I feel like in the past, Brady wouldn't win a game like the NFCCG with how he played.
I thought is was the other way around .....was there not alot of dropped passes by the bucks? ..one that turned into an int?

I did recall seeing any old man throws ....(like every pass Peyton threw in his last SB)

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the season the Peyton Manning didn't play? Indy finished with the worst record in the League, and ended up with Andrew Luck. I whimsically suggested that Manning should be the MVP that year for proving that the entire success of his old team rested squarely on his shoulders.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought is was the other way around .....was there not alot of dropped passes by the bucks? ..one that turned into an int?

I did recall seeing any old man throws ....(like every pass Peyton threw in his last SB)
I might be misremembering. I'll have to look back at the highlights after work because I was only casually watching the NFCCG. I just remember him lobbing one up deep and Jaire Alexander picked it with the receiver many yards away.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the season the Peyton Manning didn't play? Indy finished with the worst record in the League, and ended up with Andrew Luck. I whimsically suggested that Manning should be the MVP that year for proving that the entire success of his old team rested squarely on his shoulders.
Yes, for awhile until they knew they had a chance at Luck instead of picking 2-7th. Not saying it was all faked, but I feel that there’s pressure to not turn the number one pick into the second, unless you’re the Jets - players will compete. Coaches will evaluate roster.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, sort of. That team tanked for Luck.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s hard to judge due to all the players sitting out and an issue at QB.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is the actual 2020 season MVP.

Stats don't tell the whole story. You don't have to agree.

Lol

Pat Mahomes being 26-1 in his last 27 starts has to be the most under appreciated thing in sports history

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that think Brady should be MVP don’t know enough about how talented that Buccs roster truly is, if they just had a QB that would stop throwing to the wrong team

you know who knew this?
Tom Brady

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great

and what do you think the Packers are without Rodgers?

or the Chiefs with no Mahomes?

shit, Buffalo is the Buffalo of the last 2 decades without Josh Allen

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was one for his last int (i believe his last one) when he barely had any pressure on him and he "fell backwards" and just chucked it downfield hoping to get a flag or an incomplete pass

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great

and what do you think the Packers are without Rodgers?

or the Chiefs with no Mahomes?

shit, Buffalo is the Buffalo of the last 2 decades without Josh Allen

And even then, there are factors. With Alex Smith, the Chiefs were winning and probably still would be winning regular season games, assuming no injury to Smith. But Mahomes brings them to the SB twice and is MVP at least once. So is MVP the difference between a bad QB and the MVP contender or the difference between Alex Smith (pre-injury) and the MVP contender? Alex Smith was better than a bad QB, but Mahomes was the SB winner and neither is a bad QB or Smith. (Though I think Smith could have won if stars had aligned.)

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even then, there are factors. With Alex Smith, the Chiefs were winning and probably still would be winning regular season games, assuming no injury to Smith. But Mahomes brings them to the SB twice and is MVP at least once. So is MVP the difference between a bad QB and the MVP contender or the difference between Alex Smith (pre-injury) and the MVP contender? Alex Smith was better than a bad QB, but Mahomes was the SB winner and neither is a bad QB or Smith. (Though I think Smith could have won if stars had aligned.)

well that’s it, I think next season if you see the Pats add a better than league average QB, they will probably be a 10-11 win team, not a Brady SB caliber team maybe. The way that Buccs roster was put together, they were a better than league average QB away from the postseason, 7 wins with a QB that threw an unthinkable 30 picks last season

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but they still managed 8-8 with 2 QBs that are vastly worse than Scam Newton. That says a lot about the Steelers roster. If they had lost as many players as NE has this year, they wouldn't have gotten close to 8 wins sans Roethlisberger.
I'm gonna disagree with you on one point. Neither of those QB's were even a little worse than Cam, let alone vastly. Cam Newton just put up a season of historical ineptitude. His inability to; manage a game, read a defense (pre or post snap), throw the ball with any touch or accuracy or as if he wasn't clutching a can of paint left me, and many friends speechless.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichik has a message for Samuel too; catch the fucking INT that Eli threw right to you and you have another ring, dumb ass.

Or don’t get your ankles broken by Plaxico for the game winner in the same game