• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Needed Who? (Brady/Belichick/Bucs/Pats Discussion)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We knew by November the answer was clear and what many of us suspected. It was Brady more than BB. A lot more.
Its nit difficult when all of the pieces are in place.

There was talk that he would go to the Raiders before he signed with TB. Would the raiders have beaten the Chiefs and be playing in the Super Bowl?? I highly doubt it. That and the Bucs goy=t every piece that Brady wanted, Fournett, Gronk, AB. Not many teams would or could do that.
All of the pieces have to fall in place and the Bucs either had them or were able to get them.

If BB had the money and flexibility to keep the Pats together for year 21, Brady would still be in Foxboro.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Even if TB loses to KC.....Tampa made it to the SB.

The Pats missed the playoffs.

Naah it’s about winning it
It’s not an even comparison

TB has the best roster in the NFL, maybe besides the team they are playing

NE after the opt outs had one of the worst rosters in the league

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nit difficult when all of the pieces are in place.

There was talk that he would go to the Raiders before he signed with TB. Would the raiders have beaten the Chiefs and be playing in the Super Bowl?? I highly doubt it. That and the Bucs goy=t every piece that Brady wanted, Fournett, Gronk, AB. Not many teams would or could do that.
All of the pieces have to fall in place and the Bucs either had them or were able to get them.

If BB had the money and flexibility to keep the Pats together for year 21, Brady would still be in Foxboro.

This is why I have trouble crushing Rodgers

Brady goes to TB, they draft him a tackle, they add AB and Gronk to an already loaded WR corps, they get Fournette when he wasn’t much of a need

Rodgers goes to a NFC title game, his organization drafts him a backup QB and a RB that gives them absolutely nothing

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how this can really be compared. TB12 could not sustain another rebuild in NE so he made the smart decision go to a team that has a solid defense and is loaded with offensive weapons. The Pats had no cap space last year and could not make a real legit offer to TB12 so moving on made a lot of sense for Tom. As I said he went to a team loaded with weapons he didn't go team like the Jets, Jags or Donks for a reason.

Belichick did the best he could with he had for them to finish with 7 wins considering all the players that opted out, no cap space, no real QB and no way to get one I think BB did pretty well all things considered.

In the end and in my opinion the organization as whole was blessed to have the tandem for 20 years. And a very large part of me pulling for TB12 to win it all. He owes this franchise nothing not one damn thing and neither does BB.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how this can really be compared. TB12 could not sustain another rebuild in NE so he made the smart decision go to a team that has a solid defense and is loaded with offensive weapons. The Pats had no cap space last year and could not make a real legit offer to TB12 so moving on made a lot of sense for Tom. As I said he went to a team loaded with weapons he didn't go team like the Jets, Jags or Donks for a reason.

Belichick did the best he could with he had for them to finish with 7 wins considering all the players that opted out, no cap space, no real QB and no way to get one I think BB did pretty well all things considered.

In the end and in my opinion the organization as whole was blessed to have the tandem for 20 years. And a very large part of me pulling for TB12 to win it all. He owes this franchise nothing not one damn thing and neither does BB.

Exactly, the idea that NE was winning a SB with Tom, with a worse roster than last season when they were one and done, it’s just crazy

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to agree with this. As much as I believe TB, like all the greats, raises the play of the players surrounding him, a lot of this is the talent level of the rosters.

BB winning 7 games with that gutted roster is pretty remarkable.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love knee jerk reactions. How about they are both all time greats and when you put them both together dynasties happen. That being said, obviously a qb is more important to victory than a coach. But both are important.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is why we can not use this year as a determining factor at all of who needed who the most. We really can't

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Jordan was more important than Phil
Magic and Kareem were more important than Pat
Lebron is more important than any coach

I just think it’s a dumb argument, of course the great players are more important

But....but....but....remember when posters said "he went 11-5 the year Brady was hurt"?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love knee jerk reactions. How about they are both all time greats and when you put them both together dynasties happen. That being said, obviously a qb is more important to victory than a coach. But both are important.
Agreed. It would have been interesting if BB had a QB like say Matt Ryan or Stafford. I have to believe he would have won a few SBs but with Brady that number went to 6.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But....but....but....remember when posters said "he went 11-5 the year Brady was hurt"?

Think we will see how good BB is next season with a roster upgrade, especially a capable QB, tough to tear him totally on this season

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we will see how good BB is next season with a roster upgrade, especially a capable QB, tough to tear him totally on this season

Well when you consider they had the same problems in 2019 and were 11-5 and a real threat with a home playoff game until the final game loss to the Jets, and they became pretty non-competitive the following year with Brady being the biggest roster change, it kind of shows that it's going to be very very difficult for BB to get back to the top without a top QB.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is the actual 2020 season MVP.

Stats don't tell the whole story. You don't have to agree.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is the actual 2020 season MVP.

Stats don't tell the whole story. You don't have to agree.
We already beat Tom Brady this year. So no, I don't agree