• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the League MVP for 2020?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my humble opinion, here are the top contenders:

Patrick Mahomes - 110.6 passer rating, 8.2 yards per attempt, 38 total tds, 5 ints, and 2 fumbles lost.
Aaron Rodgers - 118 passer rating, 8 yards per attempt, 43 total tds, 4 ints, and 2 fumbles lost.
Josh Allen - 104.2 passer rating, 7.8 yards per attempt, 39 total tds, 9 ints, and 6 fumbles lost.
Russell Wilson - 107.1 passer rating, 7.8 yards per attempt, 38 total tds, 13 ints and 4 fumbles lost.
Derrick Henry - 1679 rushing yards (321 yards short of 2000), 15 rushing tds, only 1 fumble lost.

Did I forget anybody?

I think all of these guys have an argument.

My ranking order would be:

1. Rodgers
2. Mahomes
3. Allen
4. Henry
5. Wilson

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rodgers will win it which suits me fine. That reduces the odds of the Packers winning the SB.
I think if not for that midseason stumble, Josh Allen would win it.
And I know, Mahomes, Mahomes, yada, yada.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers 1

Mahomes 2.

Not a done thing, but I'd be surprised if Rodgers relinquished the TD lead at this point.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird as this is... I would say Josh Allen... 11-3( same record as packers)… But the bills ended the patriots reign... and they were a bit of a surprise... Packers and chiefs are both where they are supposed to be...

also, a bit of a tangent, but it is funny that everyone always cries about the packers skill positions being so poor... of all three teams, the Bills have the clear worst... and that is not even close... Diggs is having a great season, but would you rather have Diggs than Adams or Hill?? how about running games?? Packers have the best of the three...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers to lose with 2 games to go

and he could if he does what he did Saturday night, cause it’s a pubic hair over Pat

think Allen and Henry are as tight for the 3/4 spot

it ends there

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers to lose with 2 games to go

and he could if he does what he did Saturday night, cause it’s a pubic hair over Pat

think Allen and Henry are as tight for the 3/4 spot

it ends there

I would give it to henry if MVP wasn't the QB award... MVP goes to the QB unless something crazy is happening, but Henry isn't having the record breaking season, and there are worthy QBs... so, Henry has no chance...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give it to henry if MVP wasn't the QB award... MVP goes to the QB unless something crazy is happening, but Henry isn't having the record breaking season, and there are worthy QBs... so, Henry has no chance...

I agree, I think you remove any of these guys, Henry included, from any of their rosters, each one of those teams are in serious trouble

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rodgers will win it which suits me fine. That reduces the odds of the Packers winning the SB.
I think if not for that midseason stumble, Josh Allen would win it.
And I know, Mahomes, Mahomes, yada, yada.

Sucks for Wilson because he was the runaway leader through the first 8-9 games and then stumbled. Between Rodgers and Mahomes, one has more tds, the other more yards. Wouldn't be surprised to see Henry get a few votes

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird as this is... I would say Josh Allen... 11-3( same record as packers)… But the bills ended the patriots reign... and they were a bit of a surprise... Packers and chiefs are both where they are supposed to be...

also, a bit of a tangent, but it is funny that everyone always cries about the packers skill positions being so poor... of all three teams, the Bills have the clear worst... and that is not even close... Diggs is having a great season, but would you rather have Diggs than Adams or Hill?? how about running games?? Packers have the best of the three...
I appreciate your vote for Allen (my quarterback).

If Allen throws 4 more TD passes, he'll break Jim Kelly's 1991 TD record.

If he throws 359 more passing yards, he'll break Drew Bledsoe's single season record.

The Bills have the Pats next week in New England. If Allen puts up at least 5 more TDs and breaks those two records, I think the race gets closer. At the moment, I think Allen is viewed as the bronze.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for Wilson because he was the runaway leader through the first 8-9 games and then stumbled. Between Rodgers and Mahomes, one has more tds, the other more yards. Wouldn't be surprised to see Henry get a few votes
Yeah Sonny, that's why I never jump too high on the hyperbole in the first couple months of the season. It's a long 4 month ride and the real test often doesn't come until we get nearer to thanksgiving. Especially this year when so many defenses were way behind the eight ball early on. It's just starting to balance itself out but 2020 is just a fucked up year. Rodgers and Mahomes are the only ones that have been more or less consistent and both have had a couple duds. I think Rodgers likely gets the nod at this point.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that at the #1 WR spot, the Packers and Chiefs are better and those 2 teams also have better TEs. But Buffalo's secondary receivers are better than Green Bay's imo. I'd take Beaseley moving the chains over anything the Packers have other than Adams.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate your vote for Allen (my quarterback).

If Allen throws 4 more TD passes, he'll break Jim Kelly's 1991 TD record.

If he throws 359 more passing yards, he'll break Drew Bledsoe's single season record.

The Bills have the Pats next week in New England. If Allen puts up at least 5 more TDs and breaks those two records, I think the race gets closer. At the moment, I think Allen is viewed as the bronze.

He wont win because of name value... Rodgers and Mahomes are just both too big of names... but Allen deserves it over both IMO...

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that at the #1 WR spot, the Packers and Chiefs are better and those 2 teams also have better TEs. But Buffalo's secondary receivers are better than Green Bay's imo. I'd take Beaseley moving the chains over anything the Packers have other than Adams.
John "Smoke" Brown has been injured most of the season. He was Allen's #2 guy. Gabe Davis has really stepped into that #2 role.

It looks like Diggs is questionable for the Pats game after getting his foot injuried. Just imagine the Bills offense if both Diggs and Smoke are healthy and ready to go.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but who has ever said BOY THAT OFFENSE IS GOOD BECAUSE OF THEIR SECONDARY RECEIVERS or even their wide receiving depth??

and even that??

how would you rank the top 3 non QB pieces of each team

Adams, Tonyan, Jones
Hill, Kelce, CEH
Diggs, Singletary, Knox??

i know i would put the three Bills at the bottom...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John "Smoke" Brown has been injured most of the season. He was Allen's #2 guy. Gabe Davis has really stepped into that #2 role.

It looks like Diggs is questionable for the Pats game after getting his foot injuried. Just imagine the Bills offense if both Diggs and Smoke are healthy and ready to go.
Yeah, losing Brown was a big deal for sure. I give credit to the coaching staff and Josh Allen for really not missing a beat and playing well now diwn the stretch. The Bills are a contender and I think every Bills fan would gladly see someone else get the MVP if they can get to the SB. Tough road to go though. Good luck to you guys. #Billsmafia

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, losing Brown was a big deal for sure. I give credit to the coaching staff and Josh Allen for really not missing a beat and playing well now diwn the stretch. The Bills are a contender and I think every Bills fan would gladly see someone else get the MVP if they can get to the SB. Tough road to go though. Good luck to you guys. #Billsmafia
There's generally a "curse" on NFL League MVPs. They almost never play on a Super Bowl winning team. Kurt Warner in 1999-2000 is one of the few exceptions.

It would be great if Allen won the League MVP, but I think it is completely unnecessary. I care more about winning playoff games (haven't won one since 1995), staying healthy, and getting back to the Super Bowl (haven't seen 1993).

I appreciate the love for my team. I've been a fan since 1990, when I was 8 years old.

The AFC has some really tough opponents. The Chiefs, Ravens, Titans and Colts are playoff experienced franchises. They know how to win in January. On top of that, Lamar Jackson wants to win a playoff game.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just wait until he puts up about 300 on the Packers...that run D is awful

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait until he puts up about 300 on the Packers...that run D is awful
That's a huge game Sunday night. Looking forward to it. Hoping the Titans knock off the Packers for obvious reasons. Then need a resurgent Bears to pull off a miracle week 17 and also the Vikes to win Friday and the Hawks to win out. Wishful thinking, I know but hey, tis the season. :suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my count, Mahomes accounts for 43 more first down plays than Rodgers. Averages about 45 more yards a game in the air and ground. Has two more wins.

I would have a very slight edge of Mahomes over Rodgers. Rodgers has been crazy efficient, though. Mahomes has better weapons but I'd imagine Rodgers oline is notably better.

Part of the reason Mahomes doesn't have more TDs is that the Chiefs are winning the game with the possession and the lead at the end of games.

Last edited:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3