• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who is playing better right now?

Who is having a better season?

• KD

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Steph

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if you take Steph off the Warriors right now, they go from being in 1st place to the lottery. A lot of his value is ingrained in the way the Warriors CAN play when he's out on the court. I think that's why there's a lot of people who down play his accomplishments because on face value, his numbers have never been craaazy. But there's levels to this.
I don't think they would be in the lottery actually, I think they would be a middling team hovering around the play-in, doesn't take anything away from Steph is doing. Of course, you could say the same about most great players for their respective teams and he means A TON to the team...but I keep seeing him at the top of the MVP race. What about last year? A lot has to go to the coaching staff. Defense has been amazing-is that due to Steph? Mostly no. Role players stepping up? Poole progressing? I mean Steph is great but he has career lows, you can't give a guy the MVP with poor efficiency. Top 5 in MVP race, fine, but it's a total team effort. I

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they would be in the lottery actually, I think they would be a middling team hovering around the play-in, doesn't take anything away from Steph is doing. Of course, you could say the same about most great players for their respective teams and he means A TON to the team...but I keep seeing him at the top of the MVP race. What about last year? A lot has to go to the coaching staff. Defense has been amazing-is that due to Steph? Mostly no. Role players stepping up? Poole progressing? I mean Steph is great but he has career lows, you can't give a guy the MVP with poor efficiency. Top 5 in MVP race, fine, but it's a total team effort. I
What about last year? We're discussing this year's MVP

Lots of MVPs win with "poor efficiency" and Steph's efficiency isn't even poor, just below his ridiculous standards.

You're not seeing this clearly, we all agree KD is ahead right now but name another player above Steph right now.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last year the Warriors were 5th in defensive rating as a team. Not exactly a huge jump. Their defense has gotten better because of a few reasons, but yes, Steph is actually a factor in that. Curry has been downright atrocious at times on defense, for seasons. This year, objectively, he has been fantastic defensively. Even the advance metrics support this, but my eye test is what's leading me to this.

Everyone gets more opportunities just because Steph is running around on the court. Poole has stepped up his play. Wiggins has stepped it up. But when was the last time a team with Wiggins as their best player was successful? The role players are MORE successful just because of Steph. How many times does a guy like JTA or GP2 get an easy layup to the basket because two guys jump at Steph? How many times does Poole or Wiggins get a clean open look because their defender has to sag for help?

Wiggins even said this year he's never had so many open looks in his entire career.

There is absolutely no way this team is a middling team without Steph.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s kd and it’s not even close. Yes curry set a record last night. But he isn’t carrying his team in my oppinion like Durant is night in and night out

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the Warriors were 5th in defensive rating as a team. Not exactly a huge jump. Their defense has gotten better because of a few reasons, but yes, Steph is actually a factor in that. Curry has been downright atrocious at times on defense, for seasons. This year, objectively, he has been fantastic defensively. Even the advance metrics support this, but my eye test is what's leading me to this.

Everyone gets more opportunities just because Steph is running around on the court. Poole has stepped up his play. Wiggins has stepped it up. But when was the last time a team with Wiggins as their best player was successful? The role players are MORE successful just because of Steph. How many times does a guy like JTA or GP2 get an easy layup to the basket because two guys jump at Steph? How many times does Poole or Wiggins get a clean open look because their defender has to sag for help?

Wiggins even said this year he's never had so many open looks in his entire career.

There is absolutely no way this team is a middling team without Steph.
Wiggins is playing out of his mind, Draymond is back to DPOY. You don't think they would have around the Twolves record with Steph? I absolutely think they would...Steph is definitely playing better defense but like I said earlier, he is a small part of the defense and scheme. Offensively, a different story but they actually have pretty good depth and pieces that fit this year. Again, not taking anything away from Steph bc that is about a 10 game difference...which is a lot.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stil
Wiggins is playing out of his mind, Draymond is back to DPOY. You don't think they would have around the Twolves record with Steph? I absolutely think they would...Steph is definitely playing better defense but like I said earlier, he is a small part of the defense and scheme. Offensively, a different story but they actually have pretty good depth and pieces that fit this year. Again, not taking anything away from Steph bc that is about a 10 game difference...which is a lot.
Still waiting for who you think is above him besides KD. Maybe Giannis. You definitely misunderstand Steph.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHY is Wiggins playing out of his mind? That's the better question. You think all of a sudden this jump in his efficiency is a product of something just clicking for him? He's had better stat seasons in the past.

Draymond is back to his DPOY self, I agree, and that's been a huge factor for the defensive success of this team.

But everything is revolves around one guy creating better opportunities for his teammates. Steph carries this team in a non-traditional way which is why it's hard to see his overall impact. The Nets without KD could function without him. They wouldn't nearly be as good of course, but they don't have to alter the entire game plan singularly because KD is out. The Warriors are not the Warriors without Steph.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph is having a great year.

But, it's Durant.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stil
Still waiting for who you think is above him besides KD. Maybe Giannis. You definitely misunderstand Steph.
Jockic.

But, his team is ass because of injuries.

Winning matters.

It's KD and Curry.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jockic.

But, his team is ass because of injuries.

Winning matters.

It's KD and Curry.
Agreed but Steph this year is more valuable than Jokic even without taking the records into account

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with what you are saying to a point…

But I also don’t think any of those players are anywhere near current level without Steph playing like an MVP.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what you are saying to a point…

But I also don’t think any of those players are anywhere near current level without Steph playing like an MVP.
It's definitely both. Steph makes those players better but I think their supporting cast is being undervalued. The fact is we won't know unless Steph doesn't play

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely both. Steph makes those players better but I think their supporting cast is being undervalued. The fact is we won't know unless Steph doesn't play
Still waiting...

KD doesn't have a supporting cast?