• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is going to stop me? James Harden

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm....

no.

They would have gotten super max contracts either way. They have both changed teams via trade. Free agency would not have made them more popular. That is silly.

Especially considering that if anything, players tend to receive a lot of hate when they change teams via free agency. Don’t see how that would possibly help their popularity. In fact, Westbrook’s popularity got a major boost when he stayed after KD left.

I find this a little ironic coming from the guy that has openly claimed that free agency is among the biggest suspense of the NBA and that helps it retrieve ratings.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your cat comment is quite low. I may have wished injury on Paul George once but I never wished death on him.

How triggered are you right now to think @trojanfan12 meant “kill your cat” when he said put your cat down?

Do you want to take another guess at what he meant?

Lol , this is bordering on pathetic now, Todd

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from Kobe, who they played for really has no bearing on my judgement of them from a fan perspective.

Kawhi and George are more liked on this board because both are universally better players than both Westbrook and Harden. Westbrook and Harden excel at the game in a way that is no conducive to winning. Their impact on their teams, while superb in the stat department, often times is detrimental to the outcomes when it comes against superior opponents. On a given night in the regular season both of those guys are phenomenal, but in the playoffs when a team is able to game plan its completely different.

Watch what the Warriors (this years suck ass version) did against the Rockets on Xmas day. They implemented a game plan that played to weaknesses of both players and were able to get a win. They forced the ball out of Hardens hands and limited his freethrow opportunities. He was basically a spectator for most of the game at the top of the key. Then, they forced Westbrook to become a volume shooter. He took 32 shots, hitting 11.

You not being able to take an unbiased approach and actually dissect their games shows here with you clinging to low hanging fruit as to why both players are unliked.

Congratulations on your win over Houston on Christmas day.

My Nuggets lost at home to the Zion-less Pelicans that day. While and extremely disappointing loss on the national stage in itself, it still goes to show that anything can happen on any given day in this league.

Another example of this came when Houston visited the Clippers on the 19th. Heading in everyone and their mothers had made the claim that Kawhi, George, and Beverly owned real estate on Russ. He proved his haters wrong and went for 40 points, with much of the production coming in the second half. Sure, he had eight turnovers in the game, but the final story that day was that the Rockets won and the Clippers lost.

Depending on who they match up with, Houston may very well end up losing in the first round this year. That said, Westbrook still given them the best chance to win above any other available alternative at the point guard position, be in in house or through trade. I should do a post saying that anyone who who thinks Houston should move Westbrook needs to grow a pair. Whether or not I actually choose to go through with it is another matter altogether.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How triggered are you right now to think @trojanfan12 meant “kill your cat” when he said put your cat down?

I'm assuming what it says is what it meant. Google's definition of "putting an animal down" is allowing it to die by withholding extreme medical measures.

Zero chance trojan gives up the last word on this one.

Awaiting his response in three...two...one...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming what it says is what it meant. Google's definition of "putting an animal down" is allowing it to die by withholding extreme medical measures.

Zero chance trojan gives up the last word on this one.

Awaiting his response in three...two...one...

Holy shit Todd, are you really this stupid?

Let’s try this another way:

Once you finish stroking your cat, because we all know that is the only way a living thing will ever let you near it, do you keep hold of it... or do you put it down?

Or do you keep hold of your assumably drugged up feline friend wherever you go?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly didn't even think of that. This dude is bananas.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit Todd, are you really this stupid?

Let’s try this another way:

Once you finish stroking your cat, because we all know that is the only way a living thing will ever let you near it, do you keep hold of it... or do you put it down?

Or do you keep hold of your assumably drugged up feline friend wherever you go?
He has got to be messing with us

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this a little ironic coming from the guy that has openly claimed that free agency is among the biggest suspense of the NBA and that helps it retrieve ratings.

Not sure I ever said that. Not in those words anyway.

free agency is important to the league for sure. But it doesn’t make players more liked. Your logic is deeply flawed.

Take LeBron for example. If he had stayed in Cleveland his entire career, he would definitely have fewer rings and his brand probably would not have grown as big. So he might be less popular. But guess what? If you take away the decision and a lot of the fall out from that, I can guarantee you that he would be better liked by the masses.

Your original claim was that the reason people don’t like Russ and Harden is because they were never free agents and they never considered going to LA. That is crazy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your cat comment is quite low. I may have wished injury on Paul George once but I never wished death on him.

Who wished death on your cat? I said to put him down, as in take him off your lap.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations on your win over Houston on Christmas day.

My Nuggets lost at home to the Zion-less Pelicans that day. While and extremely disappointing loss on the national stage in itself, it still goes to show that anything can happen on any given day in this league.

Another example of this came when Houston visited the Clippers on the 19th. Heading in everyone and their mothers had made the claim that Kawhi, George, and Beverly owned real estate on Russ. He proved his haters wrong and went for 40 points, with much of the production coming in the second half. Sure, he had eight turnovers in the game, but the final story that day was that the Rockets won and the Clippers lost.

Depending on who they match up with, Houston may very well end up losing in the first round this year. That said, Westbrook still given them the best chance to win above any other available alternative at the point guard position, be in in house or through trade. I should do a post saying that anyone who who thinks Houston should move Westbrook needs to grow a pair. Whether or not I actually choose to go through with it is another matter altogether.

As per usual, you didn't actually really or contextualize what I wrote. You seem to think I wanted props on a rare Warriors win this year for some reason instead of actually putting together some pieces within my post.

At this point it feels like you don't even want to speak about basketball around here anymore. You just want to be Skip Bayless. You come up with a conclusion first, then just post random things to support a narrative. That's backwards.

I used to enjoy your actual basketball discussion, which we've had in the past. But now, you're just post and run, hoping to rustle jimmies around here.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As per usual, you didn't actually really or contextualize what I wrote. You seem to think I wanted props on a rare Warriors win this year for some reason instead of actually putting together some pieces within my post.

At this point it feels like you don't even want to speak about basketball around here anymore. You just want to be Skip Bayless. You come up with a conclusion first, then just post random things to support a narrative. That's backwards.

I used to enjoy your actual basketball discussion, which we've had in the past. But now, you're just post and run, hoping to rustle jimmies around here.

To be fair, I didn't especially see an actual basketball discussion in your post, either.

You don't like Russ and have a personal vendetta against him. That is your approach and your personal decision. That is fine.

All things considered and for all the criticism Houston has taken with the media this season, they still currently stand in 3rd place in the Western Conference.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wished death on your cat? I said to put him down, as in take him off your lap.

In adult terms, the phrase "put your cat down" generally means to "kill your cat".

While it may not have been your intent, as Gregg Popovich once said - "Who gives a damn what his intent was? Ever hear of manslaughter?" Therefore, I am going to assume what is written is what it meant.

I'm not asking for an apology; I'm telling you how it is, man to man - That is not OK. Professional athletes are public figures that open themselves up to criticism on a regular basis. My cat is not, and I didn't even wish death on Paul George during my 2017 shenanigans.

While we're at it, a couple of other flaws with your post:

1) There are no stairs where I live, given I live on floor level at my condo complex.

2) I don't eat hot pockets. That sounds like teenage food if anything. Maybe that's "the cereal teenage girls eat"? :scratch:

3) I don't prioritize JV basketball games. Sounds like a punchline one would make up. If the JV game happens to precede the main event, I might happen to be in attendance. But no, I don't make a point to attend JV.

4) My mom's basement is my step-dad's hang-out spot when he's at home and not working. That's his personal space and I spend next to no time there.

Hope that settles everything once and for all. It should, at least for adult minds.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In adult terms, the phrase "put your cat down" generally means to "kill your cat".

While it may not have been your intent, as Gregg Popovich once said - "Who gives a damn what his intent was? Ever hear of manslaughter?" Therefore, I am going to assume what is written is what it meant.

I'm not asking for an apology; I'm telling you how it is, man to man - That is not OK. Professional athletes are public figures that open themselves up to criticism on a regular basis. My cat is not, and I didn't even wish death on Paul George during my 2017 shenanigans.

While we're at it, a couple of other flaws with your post:

1) There are no stairs where I live, given I live on floor level at my condo complex.

2) I don't eat hot pockets. That sounds like teenage food if anything. Maybe that's "the cereal teenage girls eat"? :scratch:

3) I don't prioritize JV basketball games. Sounds like a punchline one would make up. If the JV game happens to precede the main event, I might happen to be in attendance. But no, I don't make a point to attend JV.

4) My mom's basement is my step-dad's hang-out spot when he's at home and not working. That's his personal space and I spend next to no time there.

Hope that settles everything once and for all. It should, at least for adult minds.
This my friends is what Asperger's looks like. And to be honest, I don't intend to keep trolling someone neuro-atypical like this. Leave the guy alone.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread should be like James Harden in the 4th Quarter of a playoff game...

dissapeared

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I didn't especially see an actual basketball discussion in your post, either.

You don't like Russ and have a personal vendetta against him. That is your approach and your personal decision. That is fine.

All things considered and for all the criticism Houston has taken with the media this season, they still currently stand in 3rd place in the Western Conference.

There was a ton of content. I listed the approach a team took to defending Westbrook and Harden that played against their perceived weaknesses and it worked. I also talked about why I believed PG and Kawhi are viewed in a different light than Russ and Harden. I'm not sure how that doesn't quantify as basketball discussion.

You're right, I am biased towards Russ. But I'm objective in that I believe he's a great individual player. However, when grading him out as a championship caliber player I just him on a different scale. And I think that's ok too. There have been plenty of all time great players who weren't championship caliber. Charles Barkley for example was one of the best individual players in the history of the game. But he'd be further down the list of PF's you'd want to build around than some others in the history of the game.

Allen Iverson is one of my all time favorite players. But at the same time I can still judge that he's not a guy I'd want to build a roster around to win a championship. Russ is very much the same in that category. Great, all time individual talent, who's game is not conducive to winning at the highest level.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, I am biased towards Russ.

You wasted three who paragraphs of your time, but ^that right there is all that needed to be said. And I'm sorry, but it's fucking retarded to say Charles Barkley wasn't a championship-caliber player. He just happened to play in an extremely competitive era.

In today's NBA, let's not delude ourselves into thinking there's a right and wrong style of play to win titles. The reality is we all could do a better job evolving to the times.

At 31, there's still time for him to win before becoming completely washed.

Is Russ a flawed player? Yes, but don't let the bronsexuals of the world brainwash you to believe that not every NBA player is.